Segway inventor died

oneday
oneday Member Posts: 1,434
edited 28. Sep 2010, 11:23 in Community Chit-chat archive
A segway if anyone doesnt know looks like a wheeled type mode of transport that you stand up on and lean depending on which way you want to go.
Just read the inventor has died having been on one which went over the cliffs.

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh you!!!!!

I was upset for a second there!!

I wanna go on one :D

please!
  • oneday
    Im not joking! he has gone off cliff.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    oneday wrote:
    Im not joking! he has gone off cliff.

My Goodness!!

I googled it and it's not a joke!

how awful?

They have them on coach trip dont they :(

Toni xx

( did you laugh? :wink: )
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    It is the irony that makes it amusing, I suppose. Like Jim Fixx, jogger extraordinaire, who died from a heart attack whilst out jogging trying to prevent such an occasion. Ity is a wry smile, I suppose, not a laugh-out-loud burst of hilarity. Death isn't really that funny, apart from the Darwin ones. Now they are worth a grin! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Hi Oneday

That is so sad to hear. Poor man. His family must be very upset and shocked. Not heard about it on the news yet.

Trish xxx
  • oneday
    Every time i have seen these on coach trip i think theyre an accident waiting to happen so bit ironic the inventor died on one.
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    edited 28. Sep 2010, 12:23
    hoisted by his own petard if you ask me, seriously though when I read this i thought it was a joke but it's true, what a strange world we live in, maybe now we might just see Lord Prescott choke to death on a pork pie after all!?.
    And maybe we will get an answer as to why his Lord Prsecots (god I hate calling him that) wife look like a blow up doll and he!, **** it I'm just going to call him Prsecot ok, right that got that sorted, looks like a cross between a Hipo and a Warthog?. :?
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    On the news this morning...they said he gave away 25 million of the money he made to charities...he gave 3half million to help the hero's...apparently he didn't want anyone to know...what a lovely man.
    Love
    Barbara