Warning, exploding arther!!!!!!!!!!!!!

airwave
airwave Member Posts: 579
edited 28. Sep 2010, 10:03 in Living with Arthritis archive
I feel I should be having a good rant at something, anything, just get some angst out of my system! I have been out with a determination to do some exercise but just hurt hurt hurt, I just felt like going to bed and sleeping.

All this from Dr's insistence that I do more than I do already.

Don't feel much better this morning and just want to SHOUT, stand clear you lot I might explode!

8) Its a grin, honest!

Comments

• dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi airwave :D

why do some folks think they know how we feel, what pain we're in or how limited we are with arther... and insist on pushing us beyond our limitations.... for 'our own good'?

sometimes there's nothing else we can do but let it all out in an almighty rant. :!:

here..... you can borrow my arther bashing hammer.... much used but still working!
    a037.gif

Iris xxx

ps... I've already moved a long way off... in case you do explode!
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Airwave

When you went out determined to do some exercise, did you do far too much perhaps?

Hope you feel better soon. At least you can tell your GP when you next see him that it made you feel worse and you will continue as you were doing.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Hi airwave

It is frankly unbelievable that your GP says that you must do more even though you are in pain. I gather they have no idea how painful arthur really is. I would sleep first then exercise! Sounds to me as if you need a rest.

Have you got an exercise bike or one of those mini cycle machines (you can buy them from A.gos it's called a V-fit mini bike priced about £29.99). I used this to prevent muscle wastage prior to my TKR mind you I could only use it lying on the floor as knees were too bad to use it sitting upright in a chair. You need to wedge it against a wall otherwise it slips. I tried to copy a picture for you but it wouldn't work for some reason. I did 20 minutes each day.
    My hubby was always around to help me get up afterwards. It keeps the blood flowing and you can sit and watch tv; read or just chill. :):) Since my first TKR I've graduated to a proper exercise bike and this really helps to keep my operated leg strong and flexible. I'm not keep fit fanatic but realise the importance of keeping my leg muscles strong.

Take care.

sharmaine

airwave wrote:
    I feel I should be having a good rant at something, anything, just get some angst out of my system! I have been out with a determination to do some exercise but just hurt hurt hurt, I just felt like going to bed and sleeping.

All this from Dr's insistence that I do more than I do already.

Don't feel much better this morning and just want to SHOUT, stand clear you lot I might explode!

8) Its a grin, honest!
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Airwave,

Oh I so know what you mean..... could we explode simultaneously or would it be better if we took turns?

They always think they know best and you know what sometimes they don't.......

I do wonder seriously if maybe you have over done it a bit? I know I have :wink: Sorry I should be supporting you not joining you....

Come on Boy you get the whisky and I shall find clean straw and we can just book our selves into the MASH unit for a day or so.....

Really hope you feel better soon. ((( ))) Cris x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Arthritis is a difficult mistress. It makes you tired before you do stuff, it makes you doubly tired after you do stuff, it restricts what one can do and makes sure that you can rarely do what you really want. Ignore your doctor: he isn't the one coping with it, living with it, trying to deal with it. May his stupid advice come back to haunt him in the future if arthritis decides to have a go at him. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    oh Airwave :(

You poor thing :(

Whatever you usually do exercise wise you probably only need to add a weeny weeny bit to it :shock:

I know being 'lighter' helps us but you were doing pretty well on your own loosing wieght I thought??

You rest up now and take your painkillers and anti-inflams :(

Are you grinning and bearing it??? Not funny is it when you feel so rough.

Love

Toni xx
  • c4thyg
    c4thyg Member Posts: 542
    My rheumy has always advised me to keep active while I can and if I feel anything more than my normal level of pain/discomfort then it's time to stop and rest. I just have to learn to listen to him now. :D

I hope you feel better soon. xxx
  • stlucia
    stlucia Member Posts: 392
    I am annoyed on your behalf!

The GP asked if I did any exercise and I burst into tears and said that if I could then I would and right now, sitting and walking is painful enough. She was understanding after that but yes I know how frustrating it is when people just had no idea!
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Please rest for a couple of days then restart the exercises at a very slow pace. If it takes weeks to build up does it matter?

At the end of the day you know your own body and how much or little that you can cope with.

You take care of yourself,

Lv, Ix
  • frogmorton
    Hi Airwave

You feeling any better yet?

Love

Toni xx

:?
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi Airwave
    Blinkin' doctors.......just wait until they have our pains....you do wbhat you can and no more and then rest

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Morning airwave, I hope you are feeling more at ease today, both with the world, and yourself. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • airwave
    Morning chaps and chapesses,
    Phew, I'm just coming down to earth, thanks for the arther bashing hammer, I think I used it so much I broke it....sorry!

Yep, too much exercise, trouble is I like doing what I enjoy and what hurts me. You know what its like, a few aches and pains and you cope with that and then you go and do something more and then WHAM, arthers back with a vengeance.

I did explode, OH and daughter caught the blast and I went to bed early.....feeling guilty/grotty/grumpy/ungracious.

Oh the twisted lives we lead........

8) Its a grin, honest!
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Hi Airwave

Just, belatedly, read your post and I completely understand why you wanted to explode.

I think Cris's idea of all exploding at the same time could be quite a good one - that would make "them" sit up and take notice wouldn't it?

I am well impressed that you continue to maintain your sense of humour despite everything Airwave - and I really hope that things settle down for you soon.

Thinking of you.

Love Tilly xx
  • airwave
    Sense of humour, moi? I always thought that I was portraying irony with my humour? or is it just a healthy dose of over optimism :lol:

8)Its a grin, honest!

P.S. Exploding all at the same time might give arther nothing to do? and it would be rather messy..... if slightly delightful? :wink:
  • frogmorton
    Can you imagine the mess :shock:

and who'd be cleaning it up a070.gif

keep grinnin'

Love

Toni xx