What next?

Options
nanasue
nanasue Member Posts: 465
edited 29. Sep 2010, 06:48 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,
Hope you are all good today. Been to docs today,so as well as a slightly high ESR and anaemia I now have a chest infection, what next?
I saw a different doc today and he couldn't understand why the consultant had treated me the way he did and he was also amazed that originally he had told me to come back in 9 months, he said that was far too long.
I still haven't had a reply to the letter I sent to the consultant 4 weeks ago so I don't know what to do next, perhaps I should get in touch with PALS again. I would welcome any suggestions.
Definately having a bit of a fed up day today, I need to win the lottery or something ha-ha.

Sue x

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh dear, I bet Mr nansue ain't helping either! It is so easy to pick up infections at this time of year, as the forums testify. Nine months does seem to be quite a spell between apppointments, why did he suggest so long - or was it more a matter of the first free appointment? I must admit that I am not that fussed anymore, I know I am on the only meds they can give me and there is nothing else they can do, so I'm not bothered if I see them or not. I think your letter should have been answered by now, that is sloppy admin either by him or his secretary. Just contact the secretary and ask where your reply actually is - is there a chance he did not receive your letter? Sometimes there is a lot of sitting around, waiting for things to happen - what does the army term it? Hurry and and wait. I hope you can clear the infection soon - if I recall correctly your ESR dropped to the mid 60s - where is it now? What about your CRP? What meds are you currently taking, and are they helping? Can I think of any more questions? :D DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Nanasue

I hope the doc gave you some antibiotics to claer that chest infection :shock: You poor thing.

If I were you I'd give till the end of the week then chase it up like DD says incase the letter has gone AWOL.

Hope you feel better soon

Love

Toni xx