Thanks for support during the interview

Options
Rainbow77
Rainbow77 Member Posts: 275
edited 1. Oct 2010, 18:10 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Folks

I went for the job interview today. I got a new outfit at the weekend and then decided to dye my hair yesterday. I could not afford £40 at the hair dressers so I brought a box one from boots. I was a bit apprehensive as I have never done it before at home. But is was very easy and covered up all my dodgy roots etc etc. It made me fell better about myself also.

So I went. I looked round the centre. Had a grilling for 45 minutes. I answered all the questions honestly and some included my illness. It went well. I did my best, I don't think I could of been better prepared than I was. I feel like I have told them all that I can offer them and what I would do. (I don't think they appreciated me telling them that their website was pants and their leaflets were not that inspiring!!) But it was the truth.

So I know I feel that it is up to them if they want me and what I can offer. I think I may of been too much for them and I am not sure they want me to go and change what they do now. If that is the case, then it is not for me. But if they want someone who will then I could be.

So the ball is back in their court. I may know at the end of the day - or they will write to me. But the personnel manager is on holiday so it may not be until sometime next week.

So I am now having a cuppa, a slice of cake and a rest as they really take it out of me.

Thanks for you support

Fayann xxx

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Well done Fayann

b055.gif

you look GOOD my girl!!

If they want you they will be lucky to get you and if they don't sounds like they are no good for YOU!!

You derserve a cuppa now

Love

Toni xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Fayann,

Well done for being so prepared and having a good interview. Sometimes they do want people to tell the truth as well and they might not have wanted someone to be 'oh its lovely' if they knew there were some issues with it.

Weather you get the job or not (and I hope you do) you have done a really good job at going and having the interview.

When should you hear or is it a delay one? A ((( ))) and fingers crossed Cris xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Fayann
    Well done, you where really prepared and that is what matters all you can do is your best, fingers crossed for you.
    I am glad the new hair dye made you feel better, sometimes it doesnt take much.
    Good Luck with everything.
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    HI Fayann,

well what a good interview that sounds to me :D

You have to live with yourself if you get the job or not, and not being anything other than honest can only bring problems at some point in time. After all, your honesty should tell them more about you and your way of working than anything else.

I really hope that you hear soon, and that they liked what they heard from you. I agree that if they don't want you then they were probably not the place for you ...... but I'm keeping everything crossed that the answer comes quckly and is positive.

loads of hugs
    WONky
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Right, so the glamour is removed and it's back to the Juicy Couture tracky and furry slippers. If they could see you now! I am glad it went well, honesty is always good in interviews, sucking up not, and if they have any sense they will offer you the post. Well, I hope they do anyway! Well done to you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Options
    Hi Fayann

Glad you felt confident in the interview..
    If you don't get the job it will be their loss - and the interview has been good practice for you...

Take care

Marion
  • Rainbow77
    Options
    Hi everyone

I really really do appreciate your support.

Wonky - yes I was honest. They asked me what the greatest challenge I had faced in my life and obviously that was dealing with arthritis. They asked me about the 2 and 1/2 year gap on my employment record etc etc. They asked me what they would need to do to help me do the job - so they were thinking of DDA.

Dream daisy - you for sure have eyes in the back of your head. (every teacher has) but you must have super sonic eyesight as I came home, took my posh outfit off and put my PJs on with socks!!! How did you know!! I am also out tonight training my team for the new community childrens club I am setting up - so a restful afternoon was needed.

Thanks also to Frogmorton, Skezier, Barbara and Marion.

Will let you know

Fayann xxx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    Well it sounds as if the interview went well and even if you dont get the job I bet it has boosted your confidence no end...just going for it.
    As for your hair...doesnt it make surch a difference to the way you feel when it is right.

Love
    Hileena
  • Rainbow77
    Options
    Hi

Just to let you know that I heard today that I did not get the job. :(:(

So back to the drawing board .......

Fayann xxx
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Rainbow77 wrote:
    Hi

Just to let you know that I heard today that I did not get the job. :(:(

So back to the drawing board .......

Fayann xxx

OH Fayann I am so disappointed for you :(:(:(

YOu made such an effort and it sounded so very much your kind of thing.

Perhaps there is something much more your thing just round the corner ...... I'm hoping so.

loads of hugs (((((((())))))

WOnky
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Oh Fayanne,

I am so sorry to hear that. Did they say that they would keep you on their records?
    Sometimes things work out for the best and I hope this is one of them.
    Their loss flower. The next one will recognize your worth I'm sure of it. :wink:

Chin up, there is a special job out there with your name on.

Lv, Ix
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I am so sorry. :( DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Options
    Really sorry to hear that Fayann.. BUT - it was good practice to have such an indepth interview and I am sure that experience will stand you in good stead for the next time..

Take care

Marion
    (who hates job interviews, always talks too much in them because of nerves, and always hopes she never meets any of the interviewers again because she feels such a fool!!)