Tattoos

katekelly
katekelly Member Posts: 975
edited 24. Oct 2010, 18:01 in Community Chit-chat archive
OK so we've had the male earpiercing conversation what about tattoos? Although I don't have one myself I was seriously thinking about it 25 years ago when I wanted a dolphin on my bum cheek. Thought it would be cool when I used to go diving! My ex talked me out of it and really with hindsight that was a good thing because after I was first diagnosed I balooned up to a size 20 and I often thought then that my dolphin would have grown to be the size of a killer whale!! Since then I have completely gone off the idea. I had a diving friend who had his blood group tattooed on his forearm which is a good idea considering he went on to become a commercial diver. My Hubby has 3 tattoos 'Lambretta Vega' on his right arm,' Lambretta' on his chest above his nipple and a scooter on his left arm. He sometimes talks about getting them covered over with a tribal tattoo because the scooter one would be too big to remove. So have any of you got them, wanted them or got other halves with them?
Kate xxx

Comments

• queenfan
    queenfan Member Posts: 563
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I have been fooling with my hubby saying I would one on my foot :lol:
    He's got one on his arm he had it done just before we were married, It's two love birds with Sue & John :)
    Sue x
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    I love them and have three. One on each arm top and one just above my boobs. One is Chinese writing which says foolish boar and one Celtic design. One on my chest area is an eye design.(this was to cover a mark. Thinking about having another one done on my leg. They are not everyone and i would have more.(not suppose to have them done,,,but you only live once.). Hubby has one done on his arm 4 years ago, when i got cancer back...it was two skulls heads. It was very symbolic and how he was feeling at the time as he thought he was going to loose me. Still here large as life. My sister once went into a salon and said she wanted an engraving :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: she was so embarrassed that she left. :oops: :oops: :oops:
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Hi Lupin

I haven't got any tattoos, but good for you if they make you happy. I just wanted to say well done for surviving cancer, and I'm so glad that you are still here!

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    i have 9, got my first one 23 years ago. all of them have a special meaning or are linked to a special time

coco xx
  • robertls
    robertls Member Posts: 2,304
    I have one on left forearm

Son (28) has the most wonderful Red Indian (yes .not PC)...

Daughter (32) has 2 on bottom of her back.....what son lovingly calls 'Tramp Stamps'...........

None are offensive, and look good (IMO)

When I had Ear ring done there was a lad (20ish) with 'Tottenham Hotspurs'.........on his neck..........at the front.........Oh dear!!!!

Rob x a045.gif
    Roba045.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Tramp stamps? Love it! I am somewhat confused over the age of your son tho - 2 or 20? It is quite early in the morning, Rob, and I have only had one cup of tea so far, so the brain isn't yet firing on all of its two cylinders. Sorry. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    I have a couple, one on my back and the other well I is not saying :wink:

Jules x
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    not for me

needle phobia for a start

:oops:

husband thinks they are 'common' too :lol::lol::lol:
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    I don't have any tats however my boyfriend has lots one of which is huge on one arm - from his wrist up to his shoulder all the way around his arm. Its biometrics - is that the right word? The colours are amazing.

I wouldn't have a clue what tattoo to get if my life depended on it!
  • dreamdaisy
    I have been considering the outline of a small five pointed star. It will stay at the considering stage, I think. DD
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I have been considering the outline of a small five pointed star. It will stay at the considering stage, I think. DD

where?
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    I must say , if I was 30 yrs younger I would have one done...but it would have to be tasteful...my niece has a nice one on the bottom of her back...it a small butterfly
    I think you have to be careful what pic or writing you have done.
    Barbarax
    Love
    Barbara
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    work near tatoo shop they always coming in to get designs copied some of them are awfull lol. some are nice but the tought of paying some one to hurt me is a no no rather use the money for something else. val
    val
  • carol101
    carol101 Member Posts: 584
    I have always hated tat's. I don't have any and neither does my husband. I wouldn't stop him though if ever he did want one.
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    edited 1. Oct 2010, 07:21
    When he went away to university, our younger son had a rather neat Liver Bird crest, and the initials LFC put on his left shoulder blade. Obviously his beloved Liverpool Football Club, but they are also his own initials. I was upset at the time, but it has grown on me over the years.
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    No - think v common and naff.
    No problems with unusual things/way of dress like all colours of hair, all styles (mohicans,punk etc etc), unusual clothes okay but tattoss absolutely awful.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    I stick with the peircings only but like tattoos just never got round to it. One of my daughters has a pretty one on her neck and OH has a faded old skinhead tattoo.
    I once had a great time at a rally Kate deciding who had the worse tattoo for a room full of scooterists!

Elizabeth x :oops:
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • robertls
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Tramp stamps? Love it! I am somewhat confused over the age of your son tho - 2 or 20? It is quite early in the morning, Rob, and I have only had one cup of tea so far, so the brain isn't yet firing on all of its two cylinders. Sorry. DD

Babybird (son) is 28..............

Rob x a045.gif
    Roba045.gif
  • robertls
    frogmorton wrote:
    dreamdaisy wrote:

where?

SOmewhere in Suffolk I think froggy

Rob x a045.gif
    Roba045.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    Rob, you are a clot sometimes! Thank you for my second giggle of the day, frog provided the first with the title of a PM. And no, I am not going to tell you what it was. It's still making me grin tho, and I have learned a new phrase!

I may reveal the possible location of the star to you (not literally) at a later date. DD
  • lupin15
    Tattoos you either love them or hate them. All of my eldest three children have them. The rule was not before they are eighteen. Unfortunately there are some places that do not check id well and i paid for the first one as an 18 present. My daughter got into piecing which i must admit i did not like but it is her body. Most of them are removed now...thanks god. Youngest of mine is 18 next year and will go through the same with him. Always recommend a small one in a place that can be covered so they do not regret what they have done.
  • dreamdaisy
    My belly button is tender. Always has been - the thought of something skewered thro it - aaaaaaaaaargh! DD
  • lupin15
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    My belly button is tender. Always has been - the thought of something skewered thro it - aaaaaaaaaargh! DD

Yuk...It was enough having my ears pierced let alone any other part of my body.
  • dreamdaisy
    You do make me larf! You really wanna know? DD
  • lupin15
    babycham wrote:
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    have you got an inny or an outy ...you to Lupin and every one ...lets raise the tone ...after all its sat.....xx :? :? :? :? B/C

Outy....i am a coward...not too keep on pain.