dorcas: third infusion

Comments

• marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I echo what Elna says, Iris..

Take it easy over the weekend..

Thanks, Cris, for keeping us up to date..

Marion xx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Thanks for letting us know Cris.
    That is awful news. As wonky said I hope it's due to getting some more help with the knees.
    It has been a long day for you already so I hope the weekend brings you some peace.

Hugs as ever,

love, Ix
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    sorry i missed the limo Iris but i hope you are home soon x
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi All,

Have just pasted her on your messages and I so agree she is one brave lady. She is so supportive and kind and at the same time going through hell! I know the text last week helped me so much so hope I am not driving her insane....... and well hopefully she is going to be a lot better for today.

Iris I promise eggy bread made with today's finest hen or duck eggs :wink: xxx c010.gif
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Thanks for the updates Cris.

Iris I am so sorry things have not gone well for you today.

Thinking of you and hoping you will be home soon.

Lots love Tilly xxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Cris thank you so much for the update
    Iris I am sorry it has took so long, I really do hope you feel the benefit very soon.
    I know I keep saying this, but you really are an inspiration.
    Sending you loads of very gentle hugs (((((())))))
    Love
    Barbara xxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Oh dear, was hoping it would get easier for you Iris - not harder! Hope they don't have to keep you in.

What with that and the knees, I can't believe that you are still coping so well, you are so courageous.

Hope you will be home and resting up very soon.

Annie
  • skezier
    Hi All,

She is hoping to be home by 8.

I wonder if you all would just send her a ton of hugs? She has had such a horrible day but hopefully a bit of rest and 48 hrs will see her with so much less pain. Cris xx

Iris (((((((((((((((((((( )))))))))))))))))))) and egg toast with a cuppa is waiting for you. Love Cris xx
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Iris,

littlelegs is in best nurses uniform (not the military one you'll be glad to hear :wink: ) and is on the way right now. She is towing a huge barrow filled with the finest Yorkshire hugs - which are known to ease pain, calm, soothe and make sleep really easy.

please take care of yourself Iris, and do rest up all you can.

sending you all our love
    WOnky
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    iris im sending you a bucket full of hugs and hope your beter tomorow.

coco xx
  • skezier
    Hi All,

Bless her she is home, wished and in her bed. I don't know as she will get on tonight... kinda hope she doesn't and just charges her self back up again. Cris xx

In case you do look in ... go to sleep! :lol::lol: ((((( ))))) and then more! xx
  • Rainbow77
    Rainbow77 Member Posts: 275
    Hi Iris

Sorry to hear that you have had really bad day.

Sending you some very gentle but affectionate hugs
    ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Rest well and take care

Fayann xxx
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Hey Cris, thanks for the pigeon duties today :D

Iris .... If you're reading this and it is Friday .... go to bed!!!!

If it's not till after that you're reading this :wink: then I do hope that you are feeling a tiny bit better than you were, and that everything goes uphill from here and there are no more problems for you.

littlelegs has swapped the barrow for a caravan as it is so full of hugs, so will take a little time to get to you :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

loads of hugs
    Wonky
  • barbara12
    Iris I do hope you have a good sleep tonight, and start to feel much better very soon...this is for you...someone sent me it a while ago and it cheered me up g33013.gif Lots of love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Hi Iris and good night Iris.... PJ's and sleep please.

Hope tomorrow is a better one. Sending even more gentle hugs.

d010.gif

Lv, Ix
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Ummmmm, I have failed you miserably and I am fretting. Too little, too late. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • skezier
    Hey DD you have failed nobody... please stop fretting! xx
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Hello Iris - thank goodness you are home at last.. I have been wondering how you were going on..

I think you should 'write off' this week Iris, it's not been one of your best!!

Take care

Marion xxx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Thank you all so so much for 'being' with me yesterday, for your messages (((hugs))) and support.... and to Cris for being so wonderful and helping me through a very difficult day. :D:D

As you know I went in for my third Infliximab infusion yesterday... and that part went pretty much to plan except for them wanting me to stay on after again in case of a reaction as the dose was increased again.

When I arrived in the ward I told them about my knees still being so bad...in fact worse.. and hardly being able to walk which they observed for themselves. I had also driven myself in, which they were very concerned about; but I explained that I just could not have walked to/ from the station to the hospital and driving myself became my only option. The infusions ward is 'nurse run' but the ward sister said she would get a consultant to see me after I'd had the infusion.

...and so I did. My own rheummy consultant came up to see me, looked at my knees which were so swollen and painful I couldn't pass the trouser leg up over either one. (he referred to them as being 'juicy' ha ha!)

He decided to aspirate the knees again (to be honest he could have asked to cut them off and I'd have agreed) and inject yet more steroid. This time he was able to draw off a lot of fluid from the 'better' of the two knees but the murderous one refused to give up much! Samples of the fluid have been sent for testing for infection.

The procedure wasn't quite as bad this time.... he is very skilled at what he does. :wink: but of course by then I was feeling awful from the effects of the infusion and a bit shell shocked and fragile from having the knees done again. :?

He said that the Infliximab does not appear to be working but will hold fire with taking me off it until after the next infusion in 6weeks time. :( we talked briefly about what alternatives there are... and well it seems there are no other anti tnfs licensed in Scotland for PA and I've already had the three which are. He's thinking about adding Leflunomide .... but meantime changed me from Amatriptyline to Gabapentin to help with nerve pain.

I was popped back to the ward and told I'd have to stay in until tea time.; then they decided that I could not be allowed to drive home and have me stay in overnight (which was the final straw for me and set me off bubbling :oops: ) then agreed if I could get someone to come in for me they'd let me go. Luckily My daughter and her OH both came in for me (Jon drove my car home and Gillian took me in her car) and I was allowed to go home about 730pm.

I'm feeling sickly and a bit battered.. in more ways than one, and the extra steroids swimming about in my system seem to be keeping me awake. :roll:

I am happy to be home of course :mrgreen: and am still clinging to the hope that the Inflix will still start it's magic over the next 6 weeks and the knees ease up.

.. and I am so grateful to Cris for cyber holding my hand through the whole ordeal and bringing me your messages.. thanks folks XXX

Long story.. as usual :| :? :roll:

Iris xxx

ps..I wonder what job DWP have in mind for me :roll:
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Iris

So sorry to hear all what has happend. I have not been on here until today.

I hope you are begining to feel a bit better

\love Trish xx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Thanks so much Trish :D

I see you're up at silly o'clock again too. :?

hope you are ok?

Iris xxxx
  • mummyb
    mummyb Member Posts: 1,231
    Hi Iris, so sorry to see what a bad time you are having at the moment, I hope things improve for you soon. Please know that I am thinking about you and wishing you well. Love and hugs ((((((())))))) Brenda xxx
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Oh Iris, I am so sorry about your awful day yesterday and that there are concerns about the Infliximab not working for you.

All my thoughts are with you today as you try to rest up and recover from the ordeals of this week.

Lots love and (((())))s Tilly xxx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Oh Iris I am sorry that you had a terrible day yesterday

Having to have your knees done again must have made you feel double terrible. Fingers x'd the infusion also starts to work.

I hope that after resting through the night they are feeling a little bettr. Looks like you could do with the day on sofa and watching blooming saturday tv. Worse than weekday :roll: oooo you never know columbo might be on. wil ome and watch it with you. will bring some peppermint creams I know you like them :)

I was pleased that thy didn't keep you in overnight and that your daughter could collect you.

You take care today and over weekend .I will pop in later to ee how you are.
    Mean time thinking of you

JuliePF x
  • barbara12
    Morning Iris
    You poor thing, they did put you through the mill,I so hope you managed some sleep..and that it starts to work very soon...sending you buckets full of anything you need....
    Lots of love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara