dorcas: third infusion

Comments

• dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Morning Brenda, Tilly, Julie PF and Barbara. :D:D

thanks for your well wishes. :D

I'll have the bucketful Barbara, to keep in store to dip into as the day goes on . :wink:

peppermint creams PF :!: Yummy :P and yes it'll be another Saturday lazing about and watching TV or listening to music. :|

I think my twin sis Margot will be over today... and if so, you can be sure I'll be well organized and looked after.

BTW Julie... the merc is still in the driveway... hope and Little legs have taken up residence...nursing duties.... so they tell me! s040.gifbut I think hope had an ulterior motive... to be near that car....so the car company will have a fight on their hands when trying to take it back! :lol::lol:

hope you all have a lovely weekend :D sun is shining here.!

Iris xxxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh no. Oh no. Oh no. I am a very distressed DD. This rotten disease. This foul, malignant, pestilent, feculent disease. I loathe it with every fibre of my being. (and that's a lot of fibre!) I will contact you when I can be more cheery. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Hi Iris, sounds like you have had a really rotten time. I hope the steroids in your knee make things easier for you and the drugs start to work. As DD says, what a rotten disease. I hope you can have a restful day.
    xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    oh Iris

my eyes are running for you :?

My poor poor girl :(

I am soooo glad you got home and hope that this time at least ONE of those knees will respond to the awful aspiration preocedure.

You are so brave and an inspiration to all of us.

I do hope some answers are in that sample.

You have loads of love coming from me and Daisycat and Cris does too for letting us know you were ok.

Love

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    :D I am a much happier diabolic damsel. Thank you.
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Iris, so sorry you are having such a rough time and hope the infusion does begin working for you.

The knees, well don't know what to say; at least you were able to see the Rumo and he tried to help. Hope one of them at least is feeling a bit better.

Have a lazy 'me' time for a few days........judging by the forecast, you wouldn't want to go out, anyway!

Love
    Annie
  • dorcas
    Hi Damsel. Sally and Toni and Annie :D:D:D

I am a happier bunny today and all the more cheery for having your messages, love and support. thank you! g025.gif

I'm back in bed with a pillow under my knees...poor things... and doing what I've been told to do... which is a rare occurrence :lol::lol:

I don't know what I would be like without this forum and all you great folks.... you always lift me up. I do hope that I can/ will do the same for you. I've been a bit selfish of late..

Love and (((hugs)))

Iris xxx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Iris,

Right you sleep tonight else we will get the lump hammer out! Thinking about that's its kinda threatening :lol::lol:

Sorry you didn't get good night you so deserve one!

I see you already have a bucket of anything you like... the self filling one I think but leaving you a bucket of hugs and stamina as well as fortitude so you can see the anything bucket for something nice.

You know I going to disagree with the being selfish thing don't you.... hell when the most supportive person on the forum says it what does that say about the rest of us! :lol::lol::lol:

You will pleased to know this is coming via a wall of sound... does it work or what!

You rest those knees and just muse about the lump hammer cus you need sleep flower. ((( ))) Cris still in this dam hen suit :lol::lol::lol: xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    I have had a pillow under my knees when resting and sleeping since 2001. It really helps - my knees only straighten when they have been drained and steroided, and then only for a short time as they soon puff up again! It does make such a difference: I sleep on my right side and then the pillow is placed lengthways from ankle to groin - bliss! Well, as much as anything is with this damned PA. I am thinking of you and I hope you are still feeling a little brighter: rest for another 24-48 hours if you can to give this weeks' stuff time to sink in and work! DD
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Oh Iris I am so glad that you are home safely, but so sorry that the infusion seems not to be doing what it should for you :(

You sound a lot brighter today and that is amazing .... you are an inspiration, and as for having been selfish :shock: :shock: I cannot think of a word less likely to describe you at all :shock: :shock: :shock:

please do rest up as much as the steroids, the knees and the visitors will allow..... I know that Miss L Legs is very good at keeping me calm, but I'm not sure how well behaved she'll be for you knowing that she has 'himself' and the loons for company :lol::lol::lol:

rest up all you can and I hope that this time your knees learn from the experience and do what they should :wink:

loads of hugs ((()))) and another chocolate bar :wink:

Wonky
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Iris

Sorry to see you had such a tough day again and that things are not going to plan with the infusions. Just glad you did get home though and didn't need the trusty escape plan. Hope you are resting up this weekend and soon start to feel better.
    Be nice to yourself please. (((( ))))
    take care
    Chris
  • dorcas
    Hi Cris ....
    love you in the hen outfit... 'suits you madam'. :lol::lol: thanks for the additional bucket too.... when I first read it I thought you said it contained a 'fortune'.... then after I rubbed my eyes I realised it was 'fortitude' :lol::lol::lol:
    loved the 'wall of sound' too ... gets into the very bones and rattles them round a bit.....that'll show arther who's boss :!:

The l-u-m-p hammer :shock: :shock: I've seen what you can do with one o' those! will try for a better night! promise. :roll: :?

Hi Damsel...
    fellow PA matey :wink: I put the pillow across and under both knees but it doesn't work for long... so will try your method instead. :!:
    my twin sis Margot and her daughter and granddaughter came a visiting afore-noon and Margot is going to come back over tonight and stay! so no messing about when she's in the house. :lol::lol: (she is truly my other 'half' and can be even bossier than me! can you believe it!!! ha ha!)

Hi Wonky...
    Lil legs has done a grand job of the nursing... but I see she's been needed elsewhere. :wink: you hiring her out now? :lol::lol:
    tell your darling hubby thanks for being so unselfish in sharing the Galaxy with me... I'm thinking of renaming him MIB :wink:
    I am still in bed! what a lazy wretch I am :D will be trying the knees out again shortly.... it's unfortunate the smallest room in the house is downstairs ...16 stairs to be exact :shock: maybe if I had proper bannisters instead of grip rails I could have slid down.... now that's a thought. :shock: :!:

Hi Chris...
    how are you? have you been away...or is it work that's been keeping you? either way... missing seeing you around the forum :roll: but always so nice to see you back!:wink:
    I am resting.. want to get as much good out of yesterday's knee procedures as I can. :!:
    keep well lovely :D

again my thanks to all.

Iris xxxx
  • dreamdaisy
    I am so glad your sister is going to be with you - this is a lowering time for you at the mo, and a bit of support will not go amiss. It will also stop me fretting, which is a good thing. :D I use an old Dunlopillow for my knees - it isn't too soft and, unlike feather, doesn't turn to a block of wood under the weight of limbs! I take my pillow everywhere with me, it even went to Cambridge last week. You rest please, I can feel those knees - mine are echoing the pain in sympathy. There is nothing quite like the exquisite twang of a newly-drained knee! DD
  • penfactor
    penfactor Member Posts: 366
    Evening Iris,
    Really hope you are beginning to feel a little better as the day goes on & glad to hear your family are looking after you.
    I read back & someone mentioned you are a Columbo fan - me too! My OH & I love him so much we are collecting all the box sets & plan to watch a really old '70's one tonight with our fish n chips!
    Thinking of you & sending more virtual (((hugs)))
    love Pennie X
  • skezier
    Hi Iris,

That made me laugh.....If I could cunjure up a fortune this place would be some different :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Topping up your hug bucket and Chris has a lump hammer as well so you might want sleep tonight :wink: I hope you do ((((( ))))) Cris xx
  • frogmorton
    Hi iris

You have done so well my lovey :(

You are so brave and honestly make me feel braver too :) bless you :)

I hope that you sleep well tonight (take whatever you have ) because i like you and sleep is healing ,but possibly more importantly Chris has a lump hammer :shock:

Love and hugs

Toni xx
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Hello Iris

Gosh - what a day you had yesterday..albeit you were in pretty good hands from the sound of things.. I'm so pleased that your daughter and son in law were able to collect you and bring your car home..

I'm also glad that you sister will be keeping you company overnight and looking after you..

Iris - what about having bannisters put on the stairs?? I have had a second bannister put up and it's made a huge difference.. and I also have grab handles (either side) at the top of the stairs..

I really hope the 2nd aspiration(s) and steroid injections do the trick..

Wishing you a good night's sleep.

Marion xxx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi Iris
    Sorry I'm just catching up....did answer at the beginning of your thread but not since all the carry on you have had. So glad you managed to get home yesterday.....what sort of a day have you had today.....any better? So keep on doing as you are told :lol: and just rest
    Love
    Hileena
  • alarkra
    alarkra Member Posts: 213
    Sending you big hugs and support!! I hope that you start to feel the positive effects very soon!! (((HUGS!))) :D:)
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    sleep well tonight Iris ..... loads of sleepy hugs winging their way to you (((((()))))))

glad your sister is staying to keep you company (or is it out of mischief :wink: ) and do take advantage of her and rest rest rest :wink:

thinking of you and willing the steroids to do their thing PDQ :D

hugs
    WOnky

PS - hubby likes you a lot :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • dreamdaisy
    I have wobbled my way home: killed one snail by treading on it, and my crutches skidded at different times on two slugs - they are hard to spot under the Dale Winton street lighting. Strewth. Who needs a rollercoaster for thrills? Mr DD is snoring on the sofa, under the guise of watching MOTD (football) and I am thinking of you. You have had a rotten week, and I am sad. :( I have probably also had too much of many good things :D so I shall wobble my way to bed. I will be in touch tomorrow, by one means or another. Thinking of you. DD
  • frogmorton
    Hi Iris

Hoping you slept well last night?

I do do do hope you did.

Got MIL for lunch so might not be on much this morning, but want you to now I havent forgotten you :wink:

Love and hugs

Toni xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Iris
    Just popping in to give you some hugs t4602.gif I hope you managed some sleep last night, and that the knee is less painful..
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • skezier
    Mornin Iris,

Hope you got a good night and no lump hammers were needed.... I should have asked Chris to pay me a visit :wink:

Hope the knees are okish and easing off for you and sending a ton of ((( )))'s cus I can't fly them up theres too many :wink: Some more special dandelions (i think Toni might be on to me re her lawn :lol::lol: She will pay me back I am obsessed with dock leaves, sold a place once cus of those!) :lol::lol::lol: and some duck eggs but Annie and you have to fight over the blue one cus she only laid one the last 2 days.

Fingers crossed the looking after and making you rest will work. Love Cris xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Morning dorcas, I hope things are slightly better (LIE, I want them to be hugely better but I know the odds of that!) I hope you had some sleep, I hope the pillow helped, I hope you have some company today. I am thinking of you. DD