dorcas: third infusion

Comments

• dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    edited 3. Oct 2010, 14:10
    Morning all :D and thanks again for all your good wishes. :wink:

the threat of the lump hammer did the trick and I slept better last night..honest!

I was up for a while early on but have retreated to bed now (sis's orders so no refusal tolerated :shock: ) Sis has got it in her head I have to spend the 48hrs in bed... so has got the clock set (I am exaggerating a little ..well a lot, she's great).

My left knee (the better of the two) does feel better today and I can move it a bit without the immediate terrible pain ! Yipee!
    so the steroids must be working. :mrgreen: the right knee (the one needing replaced) is being a bit more stubborn... but that's ok, I am feeling so much brighter in myself just to see/ feel any improvement.

God bless skilful rheummy's and steroids eh?

The inflix is making me nauseous and headachey but I'm pretty much on top of it with meds... so all is well with my world today. :mrgreen:

Hope you all have a lovely day... it is raining cats and dogs here!

love to all,

Iris xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Your sis is right, well according to my hospital's policy on resting after aspiration. I was told to go to bed for 48 hours and no weight-bearing, so that the steroid would have a chance to sink into the joint and work. I always did as I was told, then I would get up and start life again only to regain the fat knees three days later! Treatment-resistant is the phrase, I believe. :D DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Hi Iris

So glad to hear you sounding more positive today - in spite of everything. You really are amazing you know!

Sounds as if your sis has you well sorted and you are obviously being well looked after which is lovely

Thinking of you.

Love and ((()))s Tilly xxx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Hi Iris,
    Great that Margot has got you in hand. What a star she is. 48 hrs rest seems to be a good plan to me. Hope the knees keep on responding to the steroid injection and the sickness eases off soon. Surrender to the tender loving care of your sister and enjoy your time together.

More gentle hugs coming your way,

Lv, Ix
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi Iris
    Glad you have your sister there.,.......she sounds as if she's keeping you in order :wink:
    Behave yourself even when she goes

Love
    Hileena
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    HI IRis

I am glad to hear that having your sister there is not only a help but also a pleasure from the sound of it ....... lovely :wink:

hope that both knees behave tomorrow ..... and that they continue to be less trouble to you than they have been recently. THreaten them with the lump hammer and they might get the message :wink::lol::lol:

sleep well

WONky
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Hi Iris

Glad you are feeling brighter there. We will put the lump hammers away for now, but no overdoing things please. So pleased your sis is there for company and support. We are lucky having a twin eh. :wink: Sometimes words aren't necessary so I know she will be looking after you. Was away for a week recently to catch up with mine which is one of the reasons I was missing for a few days and we had a lovely time with lots of giggling as we do when we get together. :D
    Just leaving some sleep dust incase you need it and hope you continue to feel even more recovered tomorrow.
    take care
    Chris
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    HI Iris, hope steroids continue to work on those knees and meds keep new treatment's side effects under control. Might as well submit it sister's ministring - can think of worse things to be doing in such foul weather. Hope you have a good night.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • dreamdaisy
    Morning dorcas, I hope things are brighter today, both with you and the weather! Here in EA we are due a week of rain and murk, which gladdens the spirit - not! I expect that your sis will have left by now, so please take things gently and don't over-tire yourself. DD
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Morning Iris

hope the troubesome knee is now behaving today. Glad that the other one has calmed down. Lovely of your sister to visit and help out, She obviously made you rest rest and rest.
    Take it easy today too if your sister has now left.

Thinking of you
    JuliePF x
  • tillytop
    Hi Iris

Just checking in to see how you are doing.

Thinking of you.

Lots love Tilly xxx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Iris,

Late today, sorry.

Hoping you got a good night and the knees are down a lot more! Its got to have worked this time flower. You had a much ore experience person doing it and that got to pay off to a decent degree.

Hope the side effects have left you alone a bit better now and sending a cuppa, more of the dandelions origin unknown and a ((((( ))))) Cris xx
  • hileena111
    Hi Iris
    Just checking in to see how you are today? Its beautiful here....especially after yesterday......came down in torrents.

sending (((((( hugs ))))))

Love
    Hileena
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Hi Iris,
    Hope today has been a better day for you. Is your lovely sister still with you? Do hope you are doing as you are told and resting as much as possible. Have you managed to get the Merc of the drive yet? We have had sunshine today!!! Well it had to happen sometime.
    Sending lots of hugs and warmest wishes your way.
    Lv,Ix
  • tillytop
    Morning Iris

Hope the Infliximab "steamroller" is on the way out by now and that your knees are settling down a bit now.

Thinking of you.

Love Tillyxxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Morning dorcas, I hope all is well. Thank you for your message yesterday, I shall respond in kind once I am organised! Yesterday was not a good day, but post-humira the world is only dark grey, as oppposed to black. I hope those knees have eased off now and that the steroid is doing its stuff. Thinking of you. DD
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Morning Iris

Hoping you are ok today?

Are the poor knees feeling any better at all?

Love and hugs

Toni xx
  • penfactor
    penfactor Member Posts: 366
    Hello there, Iris
    Hoping you are starting to feel much better. It is very grey & rainy down here today - starting to feel like Halloween season!
    Sending hugs
    love Pennie X
  • dorcas
    Morning Toni, DD, Cris, Tilly, Ironic, Hileena, Wonky, Chris, Speedy, Julie PF and Pennie!. :D:D:D

Sorry didn't answer your posts yesterday :oops: was only on for a minute yesterday. :wink:

The steroids have definitely kicked in this time and the horrendous swelling in both knees has deflated.... :mrgreen: I had harboured the false hope that if the swelling and fluid went that I'd be able to prove the ortho knee surgeon wrong and that the right knee would be 'restored' to a degree of former glory...... stupid of me I know :roll: but we are all good at denial eh?

what the steroids have done, bless em, is to really have made a difference to the left knee so that although it's painful I can support myself and walk a bit better with the weight on that side. The right knee is very painful still but at least I am clear what I'm dealing with and have to concede that probably the ortho is right..... but I feel that at least with steroid injections maybe I can buy a little time and the TKR won't be as 'urgent'? if that makes sense. :wink:

The infliximab effects are also wearing off.... yesterday I had no energy whatsoever...but today feeling more like me. The headaches have gone too. next 6weeks important to see if the inflixmab starts to work. fingers crossed.

so please please don't be concerned about me.... I am fine. :mrgreen:

Margot went home on Sunday... but returned yesterday for a while to make sure I wasn't 'up to no good :shock: '.
    I know what you mean Chris about the giggling when you and your twin sis are together.... although we are not identical we have a really strong bond and are always at our best when together. :wink:

Oh and the merc is still sitting in the drive... I phoned motability yesterday about it and waiting for a call back.. they must have plenty money!

Thank you all for your messages, hugs, good wishes and support....

hey we've got a good day here... real sun!
    Iris xxxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Sun?! Gloom bulbs firing on all one cylinder here! I am glad to hear you are feeling better and brighter, and I am so glad that the knees are feeling better: I noticed that when mine were dons I could at least straighten them for a few days after, which was a pleasant feeling! You take care now, not too much running around! DD
  • hileena111
    Hi Iris
    Glad you are feeling a bit better today....you sound a bit brighter.
    But just rememeber.....No trying to get a place in the Olympics :P
    Take it ease

Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Iris
    Its so true when they say one step forward two back, If anyone can make it one step back and 10 forward it is you.
    I know what you mean about the denial, but it does sometimes help a little bit :roll: :)
    Sending you loads of hugs (((((()))))
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Morning Iris

So glad that the steroids have kicked in.
    Sister trying to catch you out eh :?: :lol:
    She is very caring and sounds like you have a laugh together.
    Sun not out here today but was glorious yesterday.

Scrambled to my scooter today :D was parked right outside the door, was very scarey but I managed to shuffle on it. Wasn't sure if I would get back in house. wheelchair was right behind the door for me to fall into on my return. Then zzzzzzzzzzzooom
    I was off. warp speed like a mad woman.
    Got back in but took some time, and had a well earned coffee.

Anyway, you have a good day yourself and dont do too much

Take care JuliePF x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    No sun here I'm afraid Iris :(

Not to worry all is well.

My sis and I are naughty when we get together too!! She is up your way though :( Might be visiting this october :D Hope so - you will hear the racket up there.

So very pleased to haer how well the kernees are doing all good stuff :)

You take care and keep us posted.

Love

Toni xx
  • dorcas
    Hi DD, Toni, Barbara, Julie PF and Hileena. :D

DD & Hileena.. I promise no olympic type adventures.. yet! :lol::lol:

Barbara.. Yep... denial is a strong and stubborn emotion.. but it gets us through some difficult spots eh?

Julie... I have visions of you on that scooter... tearing up the tarmac!
    n055.gif lol: :lol:
    so glad you were able to get out though 'under your own steam' :wink: how's the stump healing now? and is the liner helping? I've missed what's been happening with you... sorry :oops:

Toni .. I'll be listening for the sounds of chaos when you cross the border :!: are you sure you've got a valid visa? :lol::lol:

take care all,

Iris xxx