another week gone by

2»

Comments

• chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi NB

Just catching this update and sorry to see yet more frustration for you there but so nice of your work colleague to miss you in a good way without the pressure. Hope you did stay indoors today the heavens opened here again today didn't they Wonky!! :shock:
    Do hope this week they get their act together and give you some answers and practical advise. Thanks for keeping us informed, just leaving a hug or two and will look out for your news. ((( ))) Hang in there.
    take care
    Chris
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    chris7 wrote:
    Hi NB

Hope you did stay indoors today the heavens opened here again today didn't they Wonky!! :shock:

Oh Chris .....by jimminy they did indeed :roll: :roll: the dog was furious with us for not turning the rain off so she could go for a walk :roll: and it poured the hardest just as our load of slate arrived to be spread on the garden :roll: :roll: :roll:

chris7 wrote:
    Do hope this week they get their act together and give you some answers and practical advise. Thanks for keeping us informed, just leaving a hug or two and will look out for your news. ((( ))) Hang in there.
    take care
    Chris

NB - hope you know we're all inhabiting your pockets willing the phone to ring with proper answers.

hugs
    WOnky
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi NB
    Well it did come down in torrents here yesterday
    But today is another day and it is beautiful....really sunny.
    Hope its sunny where you are and you are getting some results

Love
    Hileena
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Thanks everyone,
    Well Monday nearly over and NO phone calls, letters or even carrier pigeons!!! :shock:
    I have been a bit preoccupied looking after my son who was off school ill, but plan to be back on the phone tomorrow!! I am a bit worrid also that I haven` t received my letter for my appointment on the 14th Oct. I was told last time I was at hospital that I was being sent for for the 14th so just presumed but nothing here yet.
    I am getting a tad dissolusioned (sp??). :roll:
    NB
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    disillusioned. I think that's right.

It's the system, nb, and you are probably one of many who are all being told the same thing. This is where admin bods go wrong, they say the same thing to all. It helps no-one. Everyone chases stuff on a Monday so you may well be better off leaving it until tomorrow anyway. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hi, I'm sorry that you have had so much go wrong, you have every right to feel sorry and fed up. I think I'd be screaming at the walls and chewing the phone, if I were you!!! :shock: I would have thought they had a system that allowed another sec to take over when someone's off sick and who is able to sort through the other girls work of last week to find anything outstanding, but maybe thats too much to ask!

Lets hope that things can be sorted out soon for you. Take care and TRY to relax. I know thats sounds silly but its all I can think of! Lots of love & a hug ((((()))))xxxx Sue :wink:
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Nearly,

Disillusioned........ I'd be jumping by now! I really hope they will just get back to you...... its not asking much is it! ((((( ))))) Cris xx
  • nearlybionic
    Morning
    I am sitting here in tears, of frustration. I really do not know what to do.
    I rang the appointments people at the hospital as I was told when at outpatients in September that i had an appointment to see my other surgeon on Oct 14th. I haven`t received a time through the door so I rang them to find out when it was. The clerk said I have NO appointments booked!!! NONE. I am supposed to have one in Oct and one in Dec.
    She said the next available one is 28 th Oct , which i have taken, but i am supposed to be back at work that week. I have tried to ring the secretary again but it is on answerphone.
    I feel like someone is really taking the p*** (sorry) and don`t know what to do . I am at home alone with tears running down my face.
    I have told my hubby and he can`t believe it! He was there when she told me my appointment on 14th Oct.
    NB
  • penfactor
    penfactor Member Posts: 366
    I think it's time you rang their complaints department, NB. Phone the hosps main number & ask to be put through to the person who deals with them & don't take no for an answer.
    love Pennie X
  • dreamdaisy
    It might be time to bring in the PALS serivce, I think your hospital will have one. They liaise between the complainant and the department, they do ease the strain of making a complaint. Hospitals are a beaurocratic nightmare, nine times out of ten we, the patients, have to do the admin staffs' work for them. Take some time out, then look in your phone book and see if there is a PALS there. DD
  • nearlybionic
    Thanks Pennie and DD
    I have spoken to my hubby and my Mum and then rang the sec again.
    My sec is still off sick, and I spoke to someone who is covering for 4 consultants, but she was really apologetic and said this is not an excuse for the delays and mix up. She could tell i was upset, and spent a long time on the phone checking my records, letters etc... I have the appointment on 28th oct and it states DO NOT CANCEL. My Dec appt will arrive 6 weeks in advance and it is on the system to be made. She has taken my number and said she will ensure the letter comes out this week and will ring me later in week to tell me what is happening.
    IF, this happens this is good, but it will mean I am going to have to tell work I am to abide by the strict restrictions as I cannot get any other opinion til after I am due back. I am going to make an appointment to see my GP to discuss everything, and if I am going back when this note ends.
    If this secretary cannot get the things in motion, I will look into PALS etc.. Thanks again.
    Off to wash my face now!! :cry:
    NB
  • hileena111
    Oh NB.....Thats awful.....I agree you should complain to higher authorities..not quite sure what is the best way to go about it but YOU MUST SHOUT AND NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER....sorry for shouting but thats the way your tale makes me feel....especially when your hubby was there to witness the date being made
    Love
    Hileena
  • hileena111
    Sorry NB....your post came through at the same time as i was posting.

Thats something I suppose...I do feel sorry for secretarys..... they are the first in line and get it full blast sometimes and I suppose its better to keep on the right side of them. BUT.....I still think you should complain to someone higher up...like I say I dont know the best way to go about that but you'll get good advice here as you know. Just letting you know how mad I am about the way your being treated
    Love and hugs ((((()))))) Hileena
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh NB
    My love you are getting there slow but sure, these blasted appointments systems seem to have gone out the window in the last few years.
    What has happened I do not know.
    I really hope you can sought it with work, and that the appointments go really well for you.
    Good Luck
    Love Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • nearlybionic
    Thanks Hileena and Barbara
    I keep trying to be positive but it is all really knocking the stuffing out of me. I really hope I get word/letter from the consulant this week as I`m not sure how much fight i have got left in me.
    I feel like the dark clouds are circling overhead and that is never good for me. :(
    Thanks for your concern xx
    NB
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Oh NB :!:

I am sorry that yet still you have to wait for someone to get their administrative act together :( the person you spoke to sounds apologetic and I really hope she does as she says and gets things done. :?

of course it's getting you down flower.... all this frustration and being let down.....but you have done all you can. :!: :roll:

Your employer will have to go by what the doc says on the Fit Note and if you can't return to work until the advice from the consultant is there in black and white then it just has to be that way. I know that hangs heavy with you though... but it is not your fault!.

keep your chin up flower ...

(((hugs)))

Iris xxx
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Hi NB

Just come into this thread and like everyone else, I am so cross and frustrated on your behalf about what you are going through.

The only thing I can add (and apologies if I am repeating something that's already been said) is could your GP take responsibility for chasing the consultant for info? I think that if the GP made the call, he has more chance of getting a reply and you really have done everything you possibly can to move this forward.

Thinking of you.

Love Tiy xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    illegitamai nil carborundum. Translation available if required. DD
  • nearlybionic
    Thanks iris , Tilly and DD
    I have made an appointment to see my GP, but couldn`t get one til next Wednesday (13th) with the one I want to see. So a week to wait, but hopefully (ha ha) I will have the letter to take with me from the consultant. I won`t hold my breath, I would turn blue!! :roll:
    I feel completely washed out from todays events with the hospital etc.. (and some home stuff going wrong too, but thats another story :cry: )
    I`ll keep you posted xxx
    NB