Advice please

cornishbex
cornishbex Member Posts: 4
edited 8. Oct 2010, 09:14 in Young people's community
Hi, I'm 27 & was diagnosed with ME about 13 years ago, the problem is nothing they have ever adviced or given me for the pain has worked! I display most of the symptoms of ME but a lot of rheumatoid symptoms too. I have read up a lot on both of them & they are pretty similar really. I have been to the docs numerous times but they are refusing to test me or refer me on about rheumatoid, surely they should at least find out if I was misdiagnosed all those years ago. My Nan suffered from it, my mum has it & now my Dad has recently been diagnosed with it as well as a cousing being tested for it. I have changed docs twice hoping this would help, but I'm still being refused further tests. I am in a lot of pain sometimes & it is really getting me down that no-one will help me, apart from giving me more of the stuff I am already taking, although it's not working. I'm fed up with being made out to be a hypercrondriac every time I visit the docs.
What would suggest I do?
Thanks in advance, Rebecca

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Someone should be listening to you cornishbex. I am so sorry, somebody else posted recently about an ME diagnosis and thus everything else that happened with her was ignored. Perhaps you could ring the helpline number at the top of the page: they are very good at giving information and advice on who to contact. I am sorry I cannot help any further. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • cornishbex
    Thank you very much DD. I will give them a ring.
    It is very frustrating & I'm no longer taking anything they have prescribed me because I am just wasting money on pills that are not doing anything for me. :(
    Bex
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I can understand your frustration, believe you me. I am on a shed load of stuff for my psoriatic arthritis and I haven't felt good since October 2001! It's a ****, isn't it? I think you do need some further investigation as so many other family members are affected by arthritis. These things run in families, someone should be listening to you. Let me know how things pan out - keep in touch. I will keep an eye out for your name.DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • cornishbex
    I will keep you updated, I only came across this forum today but it's nice to know there are people out there I can 'talk' to. :)

Bex