dorcas: third infusion

1235»

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Iris,

I am so glad they are both coming down and well hopefully now they have been done to this degree they will not need re-doing for ages so putting the tkr's off for a long time yet. There si nothing wrong with denial, sometimes its the best cope posible as it stops the over load. ((((( ))))) and we also had the sun today, eventually. Cris xx
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Hi Iris

Really pleased to hear that you are getting some relief with the steroid injections and the aspirating.. It would, indeed, be good if it could prolong the life of your worst knee for a bit longer...

Keeping my fingers crossed still for the infliximab to work, Iris..

Marion xx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi Iris
    Hoping it puts the TKR off for a while longer....that would be great

Love
    Hileena
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    HI IRis,

great news that the steroids are taking effect ....... at last they are taking notice and trying to behave a little - I do hope that continues, and lets the infusion start to work properly for you.

glad you're still being 'kept and eye on' in a sisterly way :lol::lol: that must be a great support.

loads of hugs

WOnky
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Hi Iris

So glad to hear that the steroid are starting to do something for you now and that the Infliximab steamroller is trundling off into the distance now. I have EVERYTHING crossed for you that you do start to get some benefit from the Infliximab soon.

Love and ((()))s

Tilly xxx
    ]
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    HI Iris,
    How are things with you today? Have you taken out the sign in your car? You know the one...My Other Car is a Merc!!!!

Hope the left knee is still improving and the right one is coming round a bit. Fingers crossed the infliximab is showing signs of working for you.

Lv, Ix
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Ummmm, I think I have deserted you recently. Diabolic ain't been a good girl! My apologies, it's time to make amends. I hope the knees are feeling better, I hope you are feeling brighter with the infliximab, and that you have some sunshine today. Sunshine does help! I saw this the other day and it made me smile:

g010.gif

Mabine or what?! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    morning Iris

Just popping in to see how you are this fine day :)

Hope the knees are behaving and that you have some relief from the pain you had.

I am wearing the leg I always had , so its the same liner. This does help to protect the leg better than other ideas the prosthetic people have. The wound is still not healed with just the tiniest hole still refusing to close. (patience needed).

Anyway back to you :)
    Have a good day yourself but don't over do it
    Thinking of you
    JuliePF x
  • dreamdaisy
    Afternoon dorcas, I hope all is well. DD
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    How you diddling then Iris?

How's the knees? Any better at all? and any more interesting stuff from the DWP??

Good to hear that the leg is nearly there for you too Julie - I should think that YOU and not the prosthetic people know bets eh? :roll:

Love

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Afternoon dorcas, I hope all is well. Thank you for your message, I have just replied then thought I could stick summat on here too, I'll see if I can find another mouse:

c084.gif

Now I know he is not a mouse but this one I like! I know just how he feels! DD
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Afternoon dorcas, I hope all is well. Thank you for your message, I have just replied then thought I could stick summat on here too, I'll see if I can find another mouse:

c084.gif

Now I know he is not a mouse but this one I like! I know just how he feels! DD

Afternoon Iris I hope you are well too.

DD the little penguin has made me dizzy was watching him too long :lol::lol: he is so cute, I can do that in my wheelchair :lol::lol:

juliepf x
  • dreamdaisy
    Now that I would like to see, juliepf! That must take some skill, I know I would make a right horlicks of it.

Morning dorcas, I hope all is well with you today. You are very quiet on the forums at the mo: I hope that means that all is well or that you are tired, not anything worse. Infliximab doing anything yet? Knees OK? DD
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Helloo peeps :D

Sorry I've been so ill mannered in not answering your messages... had problems with my internet connection and my energy levels in equal measure! :oops: :roll:

DD... I love the spinning penguin. :lol::lol: madly on the move but getting nowhere fast!... definitely like me at the mo!

JuliePF I'm hoping that the last stubborn part of the healing process has at last succeeded? you been back out on your scooter again?

Toni.. I am 'diddling' away just fine.. the steroid jabs have definitely helped the knees so I can get about again with one stick and my long John Silver limp ...'aye me hearties' :wink::lol:

heard from my MP today... letter from him enclosing a rather long-winded acknowledgement letter from DWP saying they are going through the process of 'reconsidering' their decision. No time-scale given for a decision to be reached.. just that it has to be looked at again by ATOS and then passed back to dwp for an ESA Decision Maker to consider ATOS recommendations. I'm not holding my breath!! they've already been 'reconsidering' a month now...

Ironic.. what was I thinking not driving about the town in that flash merc car every waking moment?.... now back to the reality of driving my lowly Fiesta. I did take a photo of it though! sad or what!:lol:

Hi Tilly....The side effects of the Inflix. infusion have indeed trundled on and didn't last as long this time which is really good.. apart from the tiredness!
    but sadly, I don't think the Infliximab is working :( but am still hoping...

Hi Wonky... hope you are having a lovely holiday flower and you've managed not to run down anyone in your scoota! :wink:

Hiya Cris, Marion and Hileena :D Yes..I am hoping too that the rheummy will agree to 'maintaining' me a while on steroid knee joint injections so that I have time and can do something about my fitness and strength before having to have the TKR...
    seeing a physio on 18th about exercises to improve my upper and lower limb strength... and of course am thinking about buying the mini-bike! good plan eh?

love and thanks to all.

Iris xxx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Hello Iris,

Just wanted to know if the photo of the Merc included the erm... August pose? :lol::lol:

Well it looks as if your MP is still on the case let us hope he gets fed up of waiting for them to make their minds up and gives them a shake.

No long until the 18th and hopefully you will be able to decide if you want to get the exercise bike. (Bit of a difference one moment you have a Merc on the drive next you’re on your bike)!

Hope the knees are not too bad at the moment.

Lv, Ix
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Hi Iris,

good that knees are less painful with the jabs. Shame not feeling any benefit for new med. How long do they like you to try it before they declare it is a success/failure?

The whole ESA think is madness - I hope they pay you whilst they waste time reconsidering. Are they so unaccountable that they don't have to work within a time frame?

I hope your physio goes well next week, sounds like you are taking this fitness thing very seriously.

How is your arthritis course going?

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hi Well at least you have another chance. Good Luck, I really hope you do get it. I really, really, hate the way some of the press are treating the new rules, as if everyone is a scrounger. I read a letter from a GP in the paper, he said that in 20 odd years of being a GP he had only had about 3 people who he would class as real scroungers. His patients all had illnesses of one type or another, and the thought that GP's were so supid and spineless that they would let people through, whom they though were well was frankly insulting. Love Sue
  • dreamdaisy
    You are one brave woman. If I was offered a million pounds to be maintained on steroids-in-the-knees I would turn it down without hesitation. My knees are my Achilles Heel, so to speak!

Good luck on the 18th, that is Monday I think - we shall be with you in spirit. I am sorry that the mabine mixture isn't doing much yet - I hope it wakes its ideas up soon and gets cracking. You need some good things to happen now, you have had enough of the rubbish. When is your next infusion due? Beginning of December or somesuch? Thinking of you. DD
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Oh DD maintenance can mean such a difference and well Iris you go for it girl! xxx