hi

Options
tinkerfairy
tinkerfairy Member Posts: 7
edited 22. Oct 2010, 17:10 in Say Hello Archive
im a new person to all this. i have been feeling very low lately as i have no one to talk to. i just wanted to meet some new people who can understand the struggles i go through.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello tinkerfairy, I am sorry to hear you are feeling so low. We all know how that feels, so we will do whatever we can to help. What sort of arthritis do you have - post any queries you might have about treatment and drugs on the Living with Arthritis forum, more people look on there and you should get some answers. I will be about for a liitle while now, I will check back here later. Take care. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tinkerfairy
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Hello tinkerfairy, I am sorry to hear you are feeling so low. We all know how that feels, so we will do whatever we can to help. What sort of arthritis do you have - post any queries you might have about treatment and drugs on the Living with Arthritis forum, more people look on there and you should get some answers. I will be about for a liitle while now, I will check back here later. Take care. DD

thanks, i have rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis in my back its been getting worse lately and i was training to be dancer when i got ill and now i can't do much. i feel alone sometimes and lost. i can't work and trying to keep fit hurts. i just feel so over welmed by it all and i hate seeing my partner have to do things for me. if anyone has any info that can help me from going mad it would be much appreciated.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    RA and OA is not a nice combination, is it? I have PA (like RA but with the added extra of psoriasis) and I am currently on a right old cocktail of drugs. I know that the two forms of arthritis are treated very differently due to their root causes: OA is painkillers and exercise and RA involves drugs such as methotrexate, leflunomide, cyclosporin, sulphasalazine, etc etc etc plus the anti TNFs. What meds are you currently taking? How long have you been diagnosed? DD
  • tinkerfairy
    Options
    ive been diagnosed about a year now. although i went through nearly two years of testing till they told me what i had. i have ra in my hands, ankels, knee and shoulder. i've been changing meds on a monthly basis. they still don't know the best mix for me which is just as over welming as being told what i have. they say i need to exericse but its hard as my ra ends up killing me in pain. i have been taking methotrexate but it reacted with my biploar meds.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    This is way beyond my remit! It may still be worth your while posting on LWA as more people tend to look there and there could well be someone who could help you on that front, via PMs - personal messages, they are like email, you can contact individuals privately. You are definitely in a very awkward place regarding the two types of arthritis - I guess the OA is down to the dancing and trying to help the OA won't help the RA. I have no idea what to suggest on that front, but I do understand the isolation and frustrations that these conditions can bring. I am 14 years in and counting. Look around the other forums, tinkerfairy, I think LWA is a good starting point for you. Chitchat is more general, the others are self-explanatory. DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Sudden thought: the helpline people may be able to help. The team at AC are very knowledgeable about many things, they may well have some relevant information they could pass on. DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Another thing I forgot! The forums are closed tomorrow for an upgrade, so no-one will be about, but it should all be up and running by Friday. Chat then, maybe. Take care. DD
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi tinkerfairy
    A very warm welcome from me, I am sorry you are feeling so down, you really have come to the right place, we are all very supportive of one another.
    You will not be alone again, I promise.
    The closing of the forum has been postponed till the 28th, so you are ok for a few days, it will only close for one day.
    Hope to see you posting more very soon.
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    HI Tinker

Welcome to the forums from me :)

You have definietly come to the right place if you want advice and support but you can also join us on chit chat for a laugh and some silliness :)

Love

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello tinkerfairy, I hope you have been having a reasonable day today. DD
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi tinkerfairy and welcome to the forum from me too :D

Living with arthritis is very difficult, but having the support of like minded people on the forums can and does make a huge difference.

please pop over and join in any of the discussions on any of the forums.... you'll be made welcome and quickly feel part of the community. :wink:

Iris xx