hello

mirabella
mirabella Member Posts: 272
edited 27. Oct 2010, 09:21 in Say Hello Archive
hi everyone my name is mirabella I am 60yrs young and am recovering from my second hip replacement in less than a year!I have severe osteoarthritus,so I'm told,my life came to an abrubt halt 2yrs ago.I am finding it so hard to accept.I have gone from someone who had so much energy,a good job,jogging round the roads with my dogs to now having to force myself to get up and for what another day of struggling,with my crutches,looking at a car I yet cannot and have not driven for the last 2 yrs.Am I the only one who feels so bitter and angry???

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    NO. You are not alone in that, I have my moments too. I have PA (psoriatic arthritis), it's like rheumatoid arthritis but with the added benefit of psoriasis. It started when I was 37 (old, compared to some on here) and things are steadily declining with time. It's what it does but there are times when I rail against it. That, however, wastes useful energy so I try not to do it too often! I now have to go and start cooking dinner, so please accept my apologies for leaving you. I will be back later, please look around the various forums, especially the Living With Arhtritis one - there are many OAers like yourself on there, some pre-op, some post-op, you will find similarly affected (and frustrated) people there! Take care - we know how you feel. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dreamdaisy
    Hi mirabella, I am back again but only briefly. Cooking has finished me off and I am off to bed with a lovely, strong . . . . . . pain duller. Nothing else. Damn! :D I will be about tomorrow, hope to chat to you then. Please look at the other forums and join in - we like new voices and experiences! Take care and sleep well. DD
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    mirabella wrote:
    hi everyone my name is mirabella I am 60yrs young and am recovering from my second hip replacement in less than a year!I have severe osteoarthritus,so I'm told,my life came to an abrubt halt 2yrs ago.I am finding it so hard to accept.I have gone from someone who had so much energy,a good job,jogging round the roads with my dogs to now having to force myself to get up and for what another day of struggling,with my crutches,looking at a car I yet cannot and have not driven for the last 2 yrs.Am I the only one who feels so bitter and angry???

Hi Mirabella

A warm welcome from me.

We could all feel very bitter but that only makes you feel worse I think.

On reading this have you ever thought of driving your car without using your legs?
    can have adaptations done and have it all on the steering wheel?

You could think of this as an option. At least you could become more independant again?

You would be given driiving lessons to ensure you knew how to use it properly.

You might be able to get a grant for having it done. I think It is an opening for you.

The fatigue is what gets to a lot of us you will find out. Pain is another but you will see how we cope with it in time.

You are not on your own anymore you have us to put up with OH Dear.

We are a friendly lot though. If you feel like a moan that is fine so don't worry about anything.

Love Trish xxx
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Hi Mirabella, Just wanted to give you a warm welcome from me. Look forward to your posts.

Jules x
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • dreamdaisy
    Morning mirabella, I hope things are as well as they can be with you today. I too am on crutches, have been for years and probably won't ever ditch them. Are you not driving due to the second hip op? If that is the case then hopefully, in a few weeks' time, you will be able to get behind the wheel again, which I am sure will make you feel a great deal better. At least you will be able to have a change of scene! Take care. DD
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Hi Mirabella

I met you alreday on chitchat - I think this could well be the very place for you. We are a friendly bunch on here and may be able to help you with some tips - at the very least we can have alugh with each other on here.

You take care

see you about

Love

Toni xxx