Half Term Holiday?

Options
katekelly
katekelly Member Posts: 975
edited 31. Oct 2010, 11:31 in Community Chit-chat archive
So folks I decided to take this week of work to have some rest and quality time with the kids!! So far the week has gone like this: Monday-raining, tidy house after weekend and Hubby packing to go to Aberdeen for the night. Going into work for an hour (hang on thought I was on holiday!). Going up town to buy new school shoes. Baking with youngest which involved going to Painsbury's (Not a typing error as it is undergoing an extension and takes several attempts to find the parking for blue badges). Hobbling round there to find the 'correct'shaped baking tray! Baking Banana muffins- funny how the kids aren't as happy to clear up! Tuesday - Going up town again, buying Hubby anniversary pressie (9 years yesterday), taking daughters 2 &3 to lunch. Taking youngest to get haircut. Fielding phone calls from work- (again I thought I was on holiday). Housework to clear up more flour and sugar that was missed day before. Today- hospital blood tests, home pick up youngest go to swimming pool to do distance swim, phone calls from work -went home picked up number 2 daughter took her to boyfriends so that she can then walk to maths tutors house. Number 3 and me go to GP's for me to have flu jab. McDonalds for lunch.Another call from work Then home to give youngest shower then back to number 3 boyfriends to pick up daughter. Best friend came to visit. Back to Painsburys to get hot chicken for tea (the spaces have moved again!). Tomorrow we are going to visit the grave where Godmother wanted her ashes placed (that is a whole other story!). Friday up to Derby uni to look around for number 2 daughter. Saturday the usual round of kids birthday parties. Sunday - Church then getting uniforms and work clothes ready. Monday-kids at school and I'll have a rest -AT WORK!!

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Happy 9th anniversary yesterday Kate. Sounds like a lovely week, cooking with the kids and doing family things. Much the same here but it is so nice not to have to rush about and also have a few lie-ins,

Best wishes
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Kate

That made me exhausted just reading it :!: :D I remember all that rushing about that you do for your kids, but then when they leave home it suddenly goes very quiet.

Happy anniversary, by the way, and get a good rest next week.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,424
    Options
    Kate!!!!!!!!!!

I made the mistake of holding my braeth while I tried to read that!

Sounds very like my week - only the baking is set to be later today :shock: HELP!!! might need help with rthe cleaning up.

Making pach and apricot muffins as per T*sco recipe Lucy got hold of :roll:

I totally agree once the weekend is over you get yourself off to work and put your feet up - you deserve it :wink:

LOve

toni xx
  • cthornley
    cthornley Member Posts: 627
    Options
    Ha that sounds familiar
    I feel evil but on some of my days off my son still gets sent to nursery, I do pick him up early but I can't cope with him for a full day and do all the things that need doing on a day off....also days off are the only chance i get to catch up on uninterrupted sleep which at the moment is essential. (RA and having a toddler are currently not compatible)
    Now I have an iPhone I don't get as many work phone calls...they email me instead :roll:
    Hope you had a nice anniversary
    Chrissie
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Kate

Slow down :lol::lol:

Here a cup of tea and a cream bun sit down a min. :)

Happy anniversary hope you managed to get a pressie.

JuliePF x
  • katekelly
    Options
    julie47 wrote:
    Kate

Slow down :lol::lol:

Here a cup of tea and a cream bun sit down a min. :)

Happy anniversary hope you managed to get a pressie.

JuliePF x

Thanks Julie I did get a big bottle of my favourite perfume which really pleased me because I'm on the dregs of the one I bought back from America at Easter. I also forgot to include Doctors visit, swimming lessons and pharmacy visit on monday and tuesday visit to in-laws!! I seem to get even busier as each school holiday approaches, I think its a guilt thing because I've gone back to work but only work during school hours but still get the guilt factor. I think guilt is in that injection the midwife gives you after you've given birth !!
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,424
    Options
    [. I think guilt is in that injection the midwife gives you after you've given birth !![/quote]

Too right there Kate - along with the eyes in the back or your head :roll:
  • grampyal
    grampyal Member Posts: 81
    Options
    Hi Kate,
    I well remember my father, when seeing a screaming baby with its mother, telling her to make the most of the time as it got harder as they got older. Its quieter for a time when they leave home but then the grandchildren come and as you say go to work for a rest. Half term here just finishing got one on Sunday but she is a little darling, she can also be a demanding little minx but we love em all.
    Best wishes, AL
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Oh yeah, it was half term this week! Didn't notice because we were having a lovely time in India :D

Happy Anniversary, Kate

Nxx
  • katekelly
    Options
    ninakang wrote:
    Oh yeah, it was half term this week! Didn't notice because we were having a lovely time in India :D

Happy Anniversary, Kate

Nxx
    Glad you had agreat time in India and that you are home safe and sound xx
  • c4thyg
    c4thyg Member Posts: 542
    Options
    Happy Anniversary Kate.

I was shocked this week by the effect half term had on me. Meg is only in preschool 2.5 hours a day but boy didn't I miss having those hours to get things done. It takes so much extra time to run errands with Meg in tow.

Some of it is fun though. We made our jack-o-lantern today and Meg had more fun playing with the slimy pumpkin seeds! Tomorrow we'll hopefully be baking cookies to take to my OH's mum's for after lunch. I can't wait, Meg loves going there and his mum takes her off my hands for a couple of hours. Love Meg to bits but I also love my 'me time'! :roll:
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    Happy Anniversary Kate
    I am so glad I thought it was only me...this last week has been more of a challenge then a break. We went down to close our caravan up but had to drop off our lad at York first. We had all gone down with this cold cough virus that was going around so all coughing and sniffing. Spend the next few days cleaning and sleeping and then struck down with a stomach bug in the early hours of the day we were to return (Friday). Well needless to say had to wait and then take tablets to stop downstairs causing me problems on the 3 hour drive home :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( . Got home to the usual mess left by the buggers left at home :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x Stomach still playing me up :(:(:(:(:(:(:(. Spent yesterday and today cleaning and tidying up ready to return to work tomorrow.
    Ummmmmm what weeks holiday????? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
    Going back to work to have a break.... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: