mike JR home at last now

mike77
mike77 Member Posts: 879
edited 30. Oct 2010, 05:12 in Community Chit-chat archive
on tuesday they had planned to perform surgery on both legs but michael had a seizure on the operating table and they only had time to do one , so later on after winter they will review him to see if he wants it
I am so glad to be home as the place was giving me a lot of pains ( the corridoors were very long

doing some unpacking now .

see you all later

Mike R & Hazel & Mike JR
Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR

Comments

• Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    mike77 wrote:
    on tuesday they had planned to perform surgery on both legs but michael had a seizure on the operating table and they only had time to do one , so later on after winter they will review him to see if he wants it
    I am so glad to be home as the place was giving me a lot of pains ( the corridoors were very long

doing some unpacking now .

see you all later

Mike R & Hazel & Mike JR

so glad to hear that you are safely home.

sorry to hear about only having one leg done, but hopefully all will be well in the spring.

take care of yourselves (all of you!)

hugs
    WOnky
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Hi Mike

I hope that Michael has recovered from his surgery, and sorry to hear that things didn't go quite as planned.

It's nice for you to be home again though. Hospitals are such huge places with such long corridors to walk down. It's always a relief to be home.

All the best to you all, and good luck to Mike JR in the future.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • mike77
    I am glad that they were able to help my son but I also am so glad to be home the hospital was taking so much out of me , the one good thing was my diabetes was well controlled while I was in there.

going to have a nice long sleep ( I f I can ) so glad to be in my own bed

post tomorrow now I am so tired

Mike R & Hazel & Mike JR
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    WONDERFUL to see you all home now Mike

I hope you all slept like logs and that Mike can begin his recovery properly now he is at home :D

Hoorah!

Love

toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Poor Mike Jnr, not the time for such a thing but at least they were able to do one: I hope that really helps him. All of you take some time out now and rest for all you are worth. Hospital is tiring for everyone, whether fit and healthy or not. Thinking of you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Mike I am so glad you are home, but sorry they couldn't do both Mikes legs, hopefully he will recover very soon, has children do, and get some benefit form this op.
    You all have a good rest, in your own beds
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    There is a good wishes thread on LWA Mike. We were all thinking of you all,
    Glad you are home now.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Hi Mike and Hazel,

Glad that you are all back home and safe. There is nothing like your own bed and a proper cuppa.
    Take care of each other,

Lv, Ix
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Glad you are all home even if things didn't quite go to plan. Hospitals are the most tiring places even if you are well to start with! Enjoy your weekend.

Annie
  • mike77
    Hi the good side is mike JR got the relly bad leg operated on and its now in a nice yellow plaster , he is home and using a walking frame very well. got him some brand new games for his ps3

:(:( the bad stuff is : the seizure he took on the operateing table that prevented him from getting his other foot fixed, now mike JR said there is no way he will have it done. :(:(:(

The funny side : the kids on the ward one had me telling him the numbers on the board, another child lyning in the next bed beside mike JR had his tv playing charlie and lola, boy was that tune catchey, he lauged when he saw me huming away to the tune ( nice to see the kids smile . one kid was shouthing : get away you evil nurses , I am sick of you giving me tablets and medicine :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

for me hospitals just dont agree with me . in 2006 I had no oa and was able to walk with mike JR down to the operateing room , this year hazel did it as they would not slow down and wait for me .
    god did I hate the cruthes

Mike R & Hazel& Mike JR
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Mike,

Oh boy am I glad to read he is doing well. Tell him if they do a plaster change (I kinda think they will) he should go for neon blue cus they really good :D

Bless him maybe in time he will want the other foot done? Its not easy at any age eh?

Mike you can't dwell on the past..... I know we all do but you can't look back only forward. Mike Jr is starting his recover and by Christmas he will be better on that leg for sure.

Fingers crossed and Mike kids tv..... kinda know a lot about that :wink: ((( ))) to you all. Cris x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Morning Mikes squared and Hazel: I hope that MIke Jnr is recovering well and that you are all feeling less tired and stressed. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    Being home can be the best medicine of all.

Look after each other and sending positive and healing thoughts.
    Carol x