telly

valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 4. Nov 2010, 14:30 in Community Chit-chat archive
right we have saved up for new telly the old one came on the ark so what do we buy any tips do not want plasma as they take lot of power to run there lcd and led which the best always had t*shib* make as had not trouble with them are they still good or is there better make for flat screan ones do you know any links that will help??? val
val

Comments

• coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    i have 4 jvc flat screen tvs(2 smallish ones for girls. 1 medium one which is mine and my son has brought home his big 1) and had no bother at all with any of them.

apart from that i dont know much about the ins and outs of tvs

coco xx
  • valval
    coco67 wrote:
    i have 4 jvc flat screen tvs(2 smallish ones for girls. 1 medium one which is mine and my son has brought home his big 1) and had no bother at all with any of them.

apart from that i dont know much about the ins and outs of tvs

coco xx

are they plasma lcd or led ??? do you know have heard plasma expensive to run ?? led the latest but not sure how good lol
    val
  • coco67
    just spoke to my lad, ours are lcd,

plasma can have a few problems if your the type to leave it on pause when watching dvds as the screen takes a minute to clear after you start play again.although the picture is slightly clearer.

the other differencesbetween them all is how clear the picture can be seen from different angles. so he recomends you go into a store and have a look, stand to the side abit and see how clear the picture is etc.

find a couple you like and work it from there,

he also said the telly he had before was a jvc also, only had to frplace it because they dont bounce down the stairs very well :?

i dont know if this is much help

coco xx
  • valval
    thanks not many bounce down stairs well lol
    val
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Hi Val do shop around as a lot places have special deals on, just bought a new tv myself and that's an LCD. As for makes my last one was Bu*h and had no end of problems with it and the customer service department at bu*h :roll: My new one is Hitach*

Jules
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Hi, LCD are better, Sams()ng are pretty good for TV's, we have one now, really nice clear picture..

Tony
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • mummyb
    mummyb Member Posts: 1,231
    I think the plasma vs lcd debate depends on the size of your screen, I heard that lcd was better in screens up to 40" and plasma better after that. We have a 42" plasma (P*nasonic) its fab and no DD I don't believe it is more expensive to run. The picture quality is superb, expecially on HD. I also have 23" Lcd in my bedroom and the picture quality is good on that also, but I find the plasma HD is the better picture quality all round. Hope that helps xx
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    The first thing to consider is the viewing size, too small and you will be peering at it, while too large is overwhelming. There is a Viewing Distance Calculator at http://myhometheater.homestead.com/viewingdistancecalculator.html

After that it is a case of what type, LED, LCD or plasma. Really big (52"+) then plasma is still considered best. Normal is LCD or LED. LCD uses a fluorescent light, While LED uses light emitting diodes (as used in led torches, but lots of them) resulting in a thinner panel, less power consumption and a brighter display with better contrast levels.

Then look for Widescreen HD, most transmissions are now in widescreen. Go for 'Full 1080 HD' as these are set up to enhance normal viewing, but switch effortlessly to full HD if available. Built in Freeview HD will give better viewing as more F HD comes onstream. When the analogue signal is shut off in the next few years, then the Digital signal will be boosted.

Go out to big stores and look at them on display, they are usually set up for sales viewing on an internal system giving a really good picture so you are looking more at style over substance.

Another thing to look for are inputs, the more the better or you may end up juggling connections. HDMI are the main inputs to look for, as they are the main future connection type.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • valval
    thanks we have decided on a 32" lcd tochiba (we have had this make for last couple and they have lasted years) looks good and should do the job we want thanks for all your help it was much needed. this one still works but not wide screan and miss the sides of the pic very anoying when football results lol
    val
  • coco67
    im glad you managed to find one you like, there are so many out there to choose from but you sound like you have done well. enjoy your telly

coco xxx
  • valval
    hi it lovely good picture and takes up much less room than old one that is sat in middle of front room in case youngest wants it lol :D:D:D:D :roll: :roll:
    val