The art of Banksy

joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 1. Nov 2010, 13:06 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi

What do you think of the art work of Banksy, the graffiti artist who likes to remain anonymous :?: Scroll down on this link to see his work.

http://www.boredpanda.com/80-beautiful-street-crimes-done-by-banksy/

I think some of these are very clever and funny.

Joan :D
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• mummyb
    mummyb Member Posts: 1,231
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Thanks for this Joan, its fab, really enjoyed looking at it xxx
  • daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 619
    they're brilliant.
    art for the people. very clever and funny :D
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    thanks joan

I thought they were brilliant too

Juliepf x
  • Rainbow77
    Rainbow77 Member Posts: 275
    I like his sense of humour

In august he did one on the seafront in the town where I live. It was excellent. It was a little girl building sandcastles on the beach and the sand castles all have t*sco on them. The reason for that is they built the biggest one here 2 years ago.

I hate going to t*sco with a passion and don't agree with how they have invaded the market and the loss of a lot of little grocer shops. So he was spot on. It has been covered with perspex and a lot of people came to see it.

Some good press for Hastings as we get so much bad national press.

Fayann xxx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Joan,

I like it and he has settled down now and tries to brighten up the drudge of inner cities. He is good as well :wink:

There is another one can't think of his tag but he is coming along nicely and might get as good or even better.... He tends to do black rights a bit but personally I can support that one.

Hope your doing ok and purrs t Tommy from this lot who actually have a bit of sun... but a swamp outside the door :lol::lol::lol: The lodgers are going soon the mud wont be :lol::lol::lol: (((( )))) Cris xx
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    http://www.metanamorph.com/

Has anyone ever heard of this artist who creates 3D street paintings? I think they're excellent.

Nxx
  • cthornley
    cthornley Member Posts: 627
    i'm from Bristol originally and I have always loved his stuff - the naked man on the sexual health clinic is inspired :lol:
    There is one on a wall just by my brothers flat - I presume that as its been there a while that the council have deemed it ok
    Chrissie
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Joan
    I love them, can you imagine if they where on canvas and he could sell them, he would be worth a fortune, but I don't think he is interested in the money side.
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • joanlawson
    ninakang wrote:
    http://www.metanamorph.com/

Has anyone ever heard of this artist who creates 3D street paintings? I think they're excellent.

Nxx

Hi Nina

Thanks for posting this. The 3D effects are amazing :D I had heard of Edgar Meuller before. There's a video of him creating his picture of The Crevasse on this link. Fascinating stuff :!: I love anything like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SNYtd0Ayt0
  • joanlawson
    delboy wrote:
    Animated graffiti.

7 minutes long but well worth watching IMO.

Thanks for this Del. I enjoyed watching the Animated graffiti. It was very surrealistic, and cleverly done. It was rather disturbing in places, especially the creepy ending with all the insects :shock: :shock: Great stuff though :D