Need to build up stamina!!

speedalong
speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
Hi,

well today I had my return to work interview and meeting with boss and ER. Then stayed on to print off planning, lesson plans and resources, bumped into the speech therapist (who only comes to our school on Tuesdays) so had a meeting with her to discuss the children. Came home and finished making resources etc ... Did 4 1/2 hours in total - and I'm shattered!!

I am working Wed and Thurs morning this week, (increasing to 4 whole days over the next 4 weeks.)

Hope I get my stamina back soon.

Speedy

PS (several hours later) a glimmer of hope - just remembered S was awake until early hours, so only less 4 and a half hours sleep ... so that must be a contributory factor...
I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.

Comments

• poppygirl
    poppygirl Member Posts: 23
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    speedalong wrote:
    Hi,

well today I had my return to work interview and meeting with boss and ER. Then stayed on to print off planning, lesson plans and resources, bumped into the speech therapist (who only comes to our school on Tuesdays) so had a meeting with her to discuss the children. Came home and finished making resources etc ... Did 4 1/2 hours in total - and I'm shattered!!

I am working Wed and Thurs morning this week, (increasing to 4 whole days over the next 4 weeks.)

Hope I get my stamina back soon.

Speedy

Hi Speedy
    I sympathise, I really do, I have PA and am a Reg Childminder, if I don't work I don't get paid. I'm off today as the 2 little ones I look after on a Weds are ill, trouble is I've had a flare recently (it is getting better fingers don't resemble sausages right now!) and at recent blood test was told my WBC was low so I'm off all my meds: mtx and sulfa. So I'm struggling to get well and I have to work. My advice to u would be to take things slowly, rest when u can, expect to be exhausted at the end of the day, but hopefully each will be better than the last energy wise.
    All the best Poppy xxx

PS (several hours later) a glimmer of hope - just remembered S was awake until early hours, so only less 4 and a half hours sleep ... so that must be a contributory factor...
  • speedalong
    Hi Poppy,

I read your posts about being a childminder to such little ones, I don't know how you do it. I'm sorry you are currently off your meds, I hope your bloods return to how they should be quick and you can resume taking them again. No once wishes children to be ill, but I think the timing was good! At least you are getting a break. Someone suggested having students on work placements - when your flare settles, it would be good to look into this. I love having a student in class (except for the occasional really dopey ones!) as they can help out with the physical stuff.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    Hi Speedy,
    Had to slightly change my username but it's still me!
    How's work? R u building ur stamina up? I contacted Ofsted re a childcare assistant as worked yesterday...started at 7.30 finished at 6 an was in bed by 8!!!! Exhausted and fingers seriously cross with me! Anyway wish u well! Poppy x
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • speedalong
    Hi Poppy,

It is a long working day when you childmind isn't it?! No wonder you were in bed by 8pm!

What did Ofsted say about you having an assistant?

I was less tired after my second morning in class, but have gone from being pain free to constant nagging pain in my right hip buttock and base of spine from leaning forward and bending to reach the children.

Speedy
  • Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    Hi Speedy,
    Got a new buggy with one large handle instead of 2, tried loads out and this seemed the best. I see my consultant thurs hopefully blood count on the up and I can go back on meds and try to get back to normal...whatever that is! My Psoriasis is really playing up!. I hope Ofsted get back soon, in meantime I have a fellow c/minder available to help out if I need it. Hope work gets easier, u get all the equipment u need and your stamina will get there! All the best Poppy X
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • speedalong
    Hi Poppy, only just spotted your reply - sorry!

Hope the new buggy makes all the difference.

Good luck with blood count on Thurs, being back on the meds would really help. Is the Psoriasis very itchy?

Let's hope ofsted hurry up and get back to you. No harm in ringing them to give them a nudge at some point.
    Good that you have a fellow c/minder for back up.

Back at work tomorrow - 3 mornings, need to crack it this week, because I jump to three full days the following week :shock: :roll: :!:

Speedy
  • caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    Hi,
    Hope your phased return goes well, I am doing mine at the moment just 4 hours a day -and it is exhausting, don't know how if or when I will be able to up my hours!!!
    Hope the new buggy helps and that you can continue to work like you I don't get paid if I dont work (although do get SSP) that kind of financial stress on top of not feeling well is not good is it?
    Good Luck and hope you are able to keep building up the stamina!
    Cath
  • speedalong
    Hi Cath,

I hope your phased return is still going ok. It is very tiring going back to work - even on a phased return. I have to say I'm still a lot tireder than the other staff by hometime. They are still all full of life and racing around - and I'm definitely not!! However I am back to working my version of fulltime - 4 full day and managing. My equipment from ATW does make a difference.

Speedy