first day back at work today

nearlybionic
nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
Hi
I am sat here all dressed and ready to go to work for first time since my hip dislocated. I felt ok last week about it, but feel really nervous this morning! :?
I am only in for 4 hours today, but am worried about what to expect, as my boss rang and left me a message last night saying that she was off today and she has left `instruction` with a colleague. I am hoping that the necessary adjustment are in place especially my raised loo seat. I am not able to kneel to fit it if it is not sorted.Also a bit apprehensive about seeing some of my colleagues. Oh! I`m sure i`ll feel ok later. I have a longish drive to do first but have been told to wait until after rush hour traffic. Ok I`m babbling now!!
My hips have been sore due to exercise, physio and swimming and to top it of I started with a cold last night! Typical. Oh well, I had better get sorted.
Wish me luck!
NB

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    It's a big day, NB. I hope it goes well, let us know how you get on. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    hope your return went well and youre not too exhausted
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Hi NB,

well you have done your first day back at work and got the awkward bit over with.

Hopefully the toilet raiser was fitted and you didn't have to cross your legs :roll: (metaphorically speaking ... as you are a hip person!)

Were you exhausted once home, after my first day back - I ate lunch and then had a long sleep!!

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Hi
    And thanks for the messages, they are really appreciated xxxx
    My day went ok, a few hurdles (not physical ones!!) so needed to find different ways of doing things but do-able. My colleagues were fine, well just one didn`t speak properly (don`t know why? don`t thiink it was about me, think she was having a bad day)
    My loo seat raiser was in place, but not sure if other referrals to OT/Occy health have been done as boss wasn`t in. Will find out next week.
    I am very tired and was in my PJ`s at 5 pm!!I think my cold isn`t helping the fatigue though! :roll:
    Quiet day tomorrow.
    NB
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I am so glad you survived in one piece - it must have been a very daunting day for you but you did it, you got there. Many congratulations, NB, that was a big step today and you took it - hopefully with some confidence! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Hi NB

Only just catching up to see this. So glad it went okish for you, must have been a nervous time for you, but well done. The first day back was bound to be a bit of tough one.

Hope you are having a relaxing weekend there and soon shift that cold. I will look out for your updates.
    take care. ((( )))
    Chris