how long?

Options
dippydoodah
dippydoodah Member Posts: 350
i have been awarded dla, thankfully without appeal. they have sent a letter dated 10th november stating i have received mobility and care and my claim is dated from june 2010 to june 2015.

what im wondering is how long do i have to wait before they deposit the backdated payment into my account? ive been hoping to use it to buy adaptions and aids for my home. ive been struggling for months. will it be another matter of weeks or just a few days....

thank you

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    When I was awarded mine the letter included details of what was to be paid and when. If I were you I would ring the relevant agency on Monday afternoon (not the morning, I think they might be very busy!) and ask for clarification. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,493
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Dear Dippydoodah,

To find out when you will receive these backdated payments, (as dreamdaisy has pointed out) you will need to contact the relevant agency, the contact details should be on the letter or you could try the benefit enquiry line on: 0800 882200

Also I am just wandering whether you have contacted your local social services department to organise a occupational therapist come in to do a care assessment. As they can often supply and advice you on where to gain funding or purchase, adaption and equipment

Best Wishes
    Adele