Access To Work Scheme

Options
Daisydo
Daisydo Member Posts: 12
I was advised by JCP of this scheme and was successful in my application for assistance with Taxi's to/from the station to work till July 2012. This enabled me to return to work as I can't drive long journeys anymore. When my movement began to improve, I only use them on days when walking is really difficult as I felt it was important to keep moving on days when things were going well. Today I received a letter stating my GP has to sign a form stating my mobility is still the same or the assistance will cease. Can't quite understand it as I previously contacted the Access to Work scheme and they said they understood that some days are better than others, and appreciate that on "good"days, I tried my best to get about. I don't forsee a problem with my GP but feel it's more "jumping through hoops" for the sake of it.
Has this happened to anyone else?

Comments

• chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Daisy

I'm sorry I can't advise but it sounds simply like more government cost cutting to me and an attempt to seek out those others who may be abusing the system long term. You are cleary using the service only when you need it so I am glad you have a supportive GP. Hope all goes well for you, we don't need these additional red tape worries eh!
    take care
    Chris
  • Daisydo
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I've been to see my GP & he said he would support my application. I also have to contact them for a 20 minute telephone call to assess my situation before the 24th Nov. My GP said it's new to him but he isn't surprised given the current climate.
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Daisydo, glad GP on side, good luck with phone interview.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • Daisydo
    Options
    speedalong wrote:
    Hi Daisydo, glad GP on side, good luck with phone interview.

Speedy

Thanks Speedy. Hope your return is going well