Windy Miller Gets Hammered

elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 1. Dec 2010, 03:55 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hello!

Its been a funny old day today and i got to thinking about last year i did a silly thing to make me feel better cos i was ill with leg and facial swellings...
Okay...Here goes, me being 42 when i was a kiddie i used to watch what i call proper good kids programmes not all this stupid In The Night Garden or Teletubbies (say eh-oh..ninky nonky....)? One of the ones i used to love was Trumpton and Camberwick Green. So at Asda i couldnt resist it, it was a pricely sum of £4.00 a dvd, i wanted cheering up, it were cheap n cheerful therefore seeming a likely medicinal purchase.
I watched it and was re-acquainting myself with Pugh, Pugh Barnie McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grubb, plus Windy Miller and Mrs Honeyman with baby, i was blissfully back to being aged 5 and happy as owt!! One episode however took me by surprise...When Farmer Bell goes to get some corn he talks to Windy and in the process Windy offers him some cider, which Farmer Bell declines as he is driving...Old Windy decides to tuck in promptly has too much, ending up pissed as a newt...The guys from Pippin Fort come along and waken him up but he is groggy as hell!!
Okay its total piffle to some people reading this but i never ever knew my childhood programmes were like this, i thought it was all sweetness and light....I cant believe they got away with ever letting this episode on air but am glad to have found it later in life!!! It made me laugh like hell and nearly choked on my juice......

Elainex

Comments

• coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: i loved that programe as a child, will look out for the dvd i think. i made my kids watch a bit of skippy (the bush kangaroo) the other day, all they could say was its no wonder were all daft :shock: :lol::lol::lol:
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Coco

Oh god i used to watch that too but all i can remember is the theme tune being sung and a sort of hovermobile being driven across a lake/river with lots of reeds!!! I will be singing that all night now....
    I think some of the kids programmes is awful and not really educuational but then again other ones id like to watch like the spin off from Dr Who - The Adverntures of Sarah Jane...

Elainex
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    All I can say Elaine about them being all sweetness and light is:
    Captain Pugwash... Seaman Stains???? :shock:

It was the adults in the 70's taking the micky out of us young uns, lol.... Naive bunch we once were eh? :lol:

Tony
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • elainebadknee
    Oh my god Captain Pugwash!!! And Master Mate...HA!!! Bad 70's people....BAD!!

Elainex

(very naive)
    tjt6768 wrote:
    All I can say Elaine about them being all sweetness and light is:
    Captain Pugwash... Seaman Stains???? :shock:

It was the adults in the 70's taking the micky out of us young uns, lol.... Naive bunch we once were eh? :lol:

Tony
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Hi Elaine

Ah, good old Windy Miller :!: :lol::lol:

windy.jpg

I used to watch Camberwick Green and Trumpton. They were great programmes for kids. Bagpuss was my favourite though.

bagpuss_catchat.jpg

Joan :D
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • tjt6768
    joanlawson wrote:
    Hi Elaine

windy.jpg

I used to watch Camberwick Green and Trumpton. They were great programmes for kids. Bagpuss was my favourite though.

bagpuss_catchat.jpg

Joan :D
    But Emily loved him!!!!! :mrgreen:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • elainebadknee
    Aw

I like that picture.....Good one Joan!
    I loved the mice in Bagpuss and Professor Yaffle!!! yeah..

Elainex

windy.jpg

bagpuss_catchat.jpg

Joan :D[/quote]
  • elainebadknee
    Anyone remember Fingerbobs? getting naff now aint i?

Elainex
  • tjt6768
    Anyone remember Fingerbobs? getting naff now aint i?

Elainex
    Oh, yep.. Fingermouse, it was some strange looking fella with a beard wasn't it, I bet he wouldn't be allowed to live near kids these days looking like that :shock:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • elainebadknee
    Well yes I know but dodgy men n kids programmes seem to go..I mean Keith Harris n Orville? and The Chuckle Brothers??? Criminal!!!

Elainex

Oh, yep.. Fingermouse, it was some strange looking fella with a beard wasn't it, I bet he wouldn't be allowed to live near kids these days looking like that :shock: [/quote]
  • tjt6768
    And all of them from Rainbow..... Way too many drugs being passed around, and probably not the only thing being passed around, if you know what I mean, Jane always looked haggered and Rod and Freddy were always smiling :shock:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    What about The Magic Roundabout :?: Perhaps you are too young to remember :?:

magic.jpg

Some people thought that it was like an Early Learning introduction to the drug culture. ' It's a marvellous feeling,' Mr Rusty told Dougal about a 'trip' on his roundabout. Dougal lived on a diet of 'sugar cubes', while Dylan could have been accused of growing something considerably stronger than carrots in his vegetable patch.

I never saw any of this in it, and just enjoyed it as a charming story for children.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    :):):):)

thanks for putting a smile on my face remembering all them programmes.xx

juliepf x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Now I am going back to the 50s...does anybody remember Torchy the battery boy...he would shine his torch up to the moon...and then take off in his spaceship...everything on the planet was made of sweets....I blame this program for my sweet tooth...sorry I know you are to young :roll: :oops: :)
    I also love fireman sam...the detail was brilliant :)
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    I do remember Torchy the battery boy but I wasn't born until 1963 so guess it was my older brothers and sisters telling me all about it. My favourite programme was Lost in Space. I adored that programme.
    My OH bought a box set of Camberwick Green and TRumpton for a fiver from a charity shop. Brand new, all boxed. I must take a peek at that episode Elaine!

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elainebadknee
    And Jeffrey too, sleeping with George, Zippy and Bungle....

Hmm, not right..

Elainex
    tjt6768 wrote:
    And all of them from Rainbow..... Way too many drugs being passed around, and probably not the only thing being passed around, if you know what I mean, Jane always looked haggered and Rod and Freddy were always smiling :shock:
  • elainebadknee
    I remember The Magic Roundabout, i even got a Dougal cake for my birthday when i was about 8 or 9, it was cool, didnt want to cut it...

What programme was EVil Edna in?

Elainex
  • elainebadknee
    1, 2, 3 ...AW!!!!

quote="delboy"]We never had a TV when I was a child icon_crying.gif[/quote]
  • elainebadknee
    Glad to be of service, smiles on order!!!

elainex
    julie47 wrote:
    :):):):)

thanks for putting a smile on my face remembering all them programmes.xx

juliepf x
  • elainebadknee
    Oh god dont remember him Barbara...More my era was Jamie and The Magic Torch.....

Oh god, Button Moon has come to mind now....Be Back soon, to Button Moon...

Elainex
    barbara12 wrote:
    Now I am going back to the 50s...does anybody remember Torchy the battery boy...he would shine his torch up to the moon...and then take off in his spaceship...everything on the planet was made of sweets....I blame this program for my sweet tooth...sorry I know you are to young :roll: :oops: :)
    I also love fireman sam...the detail was brilliant :)
    Barbara x
  • elainebadknee
    Remember watching Lost in Space reruns on a sunday whilst recovering from suturday nights shenaligans....And Plant of The Apes too.....

Elainex
    tkachev wrote:
    I do remember Torchy the battery boy but I wasn't born until 1963 so guess it was my older brothers and sisters telling me all about it. My favourite programme was Lost in Space. I adored that programme.
    My OH bought a box set of Camberwick Green and TRumpton for a fiver from a charity shop. Brand new, all boxed. I must take a peek at that episode Elaine!

Elizabeth
  • tjt6768
    Electricity wasn't even invented was it??

Lol

Tony :mrgreen:
    delboy wrote:
    We never had a TV when I was a child icon_crying.gif
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • elainebadknee
    Cheeky burger!!! 8)

Elainex
    tjt6768 wrote:
    Electricity wasn't even invented was it??

Lol

Tony :mrgreen:
    delboy wrote:
    We never had a TV when I was a child icon_crying.gif
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    OOoo takes me right back, used to love them...
    Lost in space
    Trumpton
    Camberwick green
    Magic roundabout
    Rainbow
    Playschool

I also used to love Andy Pandy ! when i was really little and Hectors house, oo Mary Mungo and Midge !
    Wacky Races .

those were the days of good TV :D

Rose x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Does anyone out there remember a cartoon series called (I think) King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table. I think it was on in thje early 70s, I used to love it, I have never seen it repeated anywhere and I know I am not imagining it 'cos Mr DD used to love it too. Sir Lancelot (least I think it was him) would sort of whistle on the word 'Sire'.

For the modern age however, it has to be Shawn the Sheep - now we are talking class! I love it. (excellent one last week, they were all on springs!) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben