Bi-opsy

Options
handsy
handsy Member Posts: 209
edited 2. Dec 2010, 05:49 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi gang, well i'm back from hospital with mixed feelings. I had a Gastroscopy to check what was causing me to loose my voice and have problems swollowing. Firstly its quite a strange procedure, what with the tube going into your stomach. Anyway she said that she could not see ant reason for the throat causing problems. Then ruled this to our friend RA, they also took some biopsys from my stomach for some reason. I have a little infection in my stomach! first I knew. So all in all I know not a lot from this visit. have to phone GP monday for results of biopsy's? I will keep you all informed.

ta ta for now :?

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh I hope it wasn't too uncomfortable for you, it cannot be pleasant having that done. Do let us know the results when you get them, handsy, please. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi John :D

glad that procedure's over then :?: very uncomfortable to say the least. :shock: did you have it with /without the sedation?

I had that done a few years ago and they took a biopsy too for testing... the only thing it came back with was the common 'helicobacter pylori' which is easily treated with heavy duty antibiotics. Hope it's something as simple as that for you too. :!:

let us know when you get the results next week?

Iris xxxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options
    You ARE brave John!

well done you...

I am sure the biopsies are just to be on the safe side though.

You did do well....am impressed

Love

Toni xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi john

Yes and well done from me.

Must have caused a little discomfort and I hope that has now passed

Results on monday, Thats quick, results here seem to take forever.

Good luck

Juliepf x
  • mp1952
    mp1952 Member Posts: 425
    Options
    Hi John

That's interesting.. Hope it turns out to be the same kind of thing that Iris (Dorcas) had and can be sorted out with a big dose of antibiotics..

Marion
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi John, good that that is over with. Hope results come in quick.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Good luck John. I hope this gets sorted soon. Remember to note down all these procedures and dates for your next ESA DLA claim forms. It will be a long form....

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein