Double pocket duties for our flamingo!

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 1. Dec 2010, 18:49 in Living with Arthritis archive
Morning all, just a gentle reminder here that our lovely pink flamingo has two big appointments this week: tomorrow she is off to see the surgeon who removed the bursa from her stump -and the hole still has not healed, then on Thursday she has her neuro apppointment about her neck. Two big meetings, two consecutive days, I think we will have a tired and (possibly) slightly drooping flamingo on our hands! Julie, in view of the weather I have dropped the strawberries - out of season anyway - and will bring a shovel with the fizz (and Mr DD's hip flask too, with a droip of the good stuff inside it!) in case we have to dig out out of a drift. Thinking of you. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Thank you very much for the reminder DD :)

Of course i will make myself available for pocket duties any time for our Julie :):)

I have some snow shoes at the ready and if the worst comes to the worst r010.gif can drive us all there in this.

l Do hope the surgeon can help Flamingo - this needs sorting :x

Love

toni xx
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Hi Julie

Will be thinking of you and sending you calmiing, positive vibes!

Love Tilly xxx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Julie,

Oh 2 in as many days....
    Signing up for pocket duties and will bring that special portable fire that goes inside you coat a well as a sheep :wink: Really hope they can help and get you better. Love and a ton of (((( )))) Cris xx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Count me in too! got the peppermint creams and dairy fudge in my pocket for the pocket dwellers. :D

Hope all goes well at both appointments and you're not too tired afterwards. :wink:
    thinking of you,

(((hugs)))

Iris xxxx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    DD thank you for this thread it was very thoughtful of you.
    and for your good wishes.

Lynn , too right , this weathr is not good for me feathers.

Toni, a great vehicle you got there, will certainly get to app on time in that.

tillyi can feel the vibes already, I am going to be positive. thankyou.

Cris oh I am so glad your dongle is working. Glad you are ok, toni is a good pa for you, keeping us all updated.

Iris good luck with your app too. Will be thinking of you.
    Peppermint creams oh my cant wait than kyou.

Thank you all, You know it makes these appointments easier knowing i have your support.

Juliepf xxx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi
    Count me in for pocket duties as well....if I'm not too late.
    Iris......be carful I might pinch that fudge and the mints LOL

Love
    Hileena
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Best of luck Julie, count me in too...

Tony :mrgreen:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    HI Julie

will be thinking of you and hope there will be a small (ha :shock: who am I kidding :roll: :lol: ) space left in your pocket for me :wink:

hugs
    WOnky
  • mp1952
    mp1952 Member Posts: 425
    Yes, good luck from me too Julie..

Marion x
  • queenfan
    queenfan Member Posts: 563
    frogmorton wrote:
    Thank you very much for the reminder DD :)

Of course i will make myself available for pocket duties any time for our Julie :):)

I have some snow shoes at the ready and if the worst comes to the worst r010.gif can drive us all there in this.

l Do hope the surgeon can help Flamingo - this needs sorting :x

Love

Hi Toni do you think you could give me a lift,So I can help out,
    We seem to be blocked in over here, Julie I will try to be with you, just need to stock up on hot water bottles & warm drinks
    For us all Love Sue xx

toni xx
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    Hi Julie,

Reporting for pocket duties and good luck , Got me flask and coffee cake :D

Rose x
  • dreamdaisy
    Thinking of you. DD
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Morning Julie PF :D

reporting for pocket duty!
    managed to thumb a lift but now beginning to regret that decision.....

f050.gif

hope all goes well for you Julie. :wink:

Iris xxx
  • frogmorton
    Ok All ready For the off r010.gif

Got Sue(Queenfan) inside and the heating is ful-lblast so anyone who is struggling - hop inside....we are also checking in on Iris en route.....

No snow's gonna stop US :D
  • julie47
    Hello every one we are now back so you can now jump out of pockets.

Thankyou all for coming with me and for the snacks and drinks. Toni you are a super driver I bet iris was glad to get off that sledge and into a warm vehicle. Iris that did make me laugh.

Anyway, got there 40 min early, roads were fab, Not as we were coming home though. AND I got into app earlier too. (some didnt turn up) so I was going home as I was supposed to be going in :D

The surgeon said yes the bursa was removed but the sinus is still there (couldnt see the hole as much today) :roll: cream must be working. :)

Because I dont walk , I am always in chair in house scooter outdoors he said I should just leave the sinus to eventually clear up. Could take monhs.
    It is the prosthesis that is causing it and should try extra padding on the stump as this is the weight bearing point. He has seen this happen many times. I could have surgery if i insisted but that might not work again. Other surgery would mean removing more bone which means alot shorter stump below knee. (big op) He said he is happy with his decision.

I can live with this. aND prob to help my self leave leg off a few days a week, when i know i am not going out.
    You all know what a coward I am plus I dont want surgery befor my daughters wedding in april because recovery and having new legs made take time.

Thankyou all again,for being there for me.

Iris I hope you got to your app.

See you all tomorrow for neuro surgeon (now he really scares me)

Keep wrm
    Juliepf xx
  • julie47
    yes i am del :)

just one more hurdle tomorrow. :(

will ask for accupuncture like you :)

juliepf x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Julie
    I am sorry Im late...I missed Tonis snow plough :roll: anyway its all decisions for you, hopefully they do sought it without surgery, then you can enjoy your daughters wedding, good luck with it.
    And I will be with you tomorrow...I promise :)
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Hi Julie

You did well theer I reckon and I am so very pleased to hear that it WILL heal given time. I understand that the leg is slowing that process down.

Shame you have to leave the leg off, but wise in the longer run I agree.

The plough will be out again tomorrow morning Barbara so feel free to hop in r010.gif

Love

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    So, al in all not too bad, it's something you can deal with and live with. I have just read that your other appointment has been cancelled - having seen the news I can see why! We are snow-free down here, just to rub it in. DD
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    DD...be quiet :x its worse here today than it has been and my next appointment is Tuesday morning....this is the 8th day of snow so surely it will have cleared up by then
    Can I come and live with you please???? my bones dont like this snow :P

Love
    Hileena
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    HI Julie,

Well, that is a relief - no op. If the consultant isn't worried by the sinus, then that is positive. Leaving the leg off is a nuisance - but worth it in the longer term. Can you compromise some days and wear it for shorter periods? Will the folks that make the leg pad it out more for you?

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    julie47 wrote:
    Hello every one we are now back so you can now jump out of pockets.

Thankyou all for coming with me and for the snacks and drinks. Toni you are a super driver I bet iris was glad to get off that sledge and into a warm vehicle. Iris that did make me laugh.

Anyway, got there 40 min early, roads were fab, Not as we were coming home though. AND I got into app earlier too. (some didnt turn up) so I was going home as I was supposed to be going in :D

The surgeon said yes the bursa was removed but the sinus is still there (couldnt see the hole as much today) :roll: cream must be working. :)

Because I dont walk , I am always in chair in house scooter outdoors he said I should just leave the sinus to eventually clear up. Could take monhs.
    It is the prosthesis that is causing it and should try extra padding on the stump as this is the weight bearing point. He has seen this happen many times. I could have surgery if i insisted but that might not work again. Other surgery would mean removing more bone which means alot shorter stump below knee. (big op) He said he is happy with his decision.

I can live with this. aND prob to help my self leave leg off a few days a week, when i know i am not going out.
    You all know what a coward I am plus I dont want surgery befor my daughters wedding in april because recovery and having new legs made take time.

Thankyou all again,for being there for me.

Iris I hope you got to your app.

See you all tomorrow for neuro surgeon (now he really scares me)

Keep wrm
    Juliepf xx
    Hi Julie, well at least it's getting there for you.. Glad you had a good appointment, hope the next one is too... I've cleared mi busy schedule for ya! Lol

Tony :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP