Cold weather payments

hels78
hels78 Member Posts: 60
Hi, I'm looking for a bit of help please.
I have looked on direct.gov about cold weather payments and my postcode has triggered a payment, however I'm not sure if I get one or not.
I am receipt of Incapacity benefit (long term rate) and DLA higher mobility and middle rate care.
Thank you in advance!

Comments

• hels78
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Thanks for your help.
    Am nowhere 60, so that is out!
    What a shame that disabled peple are overlooked for cold weather payments when most would really benefit from them.
    I guess I'll have to keep the heating on and worry about how much it will cost me later!
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    Dear hels78

Thank's for your posting.

Having looked at the DWP site it doesn’t mention Incapacity benefit or DLA as being one of the benefits relating to a cold weather payment. See http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/moneytaxandbenefits/benefitstaxcreditsandothersupport/inretirement/dg_10018668.

It may be worth ringing your local job centre plus though (see http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/Jobseekers/ContactJobcentrePlus/DG_186347 ) to double check this.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Nick
  • hels78
    Thanks Nick
  • h201980
    h201980 Member Posts: 1
    Hello im 30 years old on JSA only, although i am indeed young i still need to keep warm and my heating bill is though the roof as i pay by gas prepay meter. i only get so much money and i can only afford to put so much in gas, my gas has nearly run out and i have not eaten much as i have taken money from my food money to top up the gas, would a JSA person get help? as we are on low incomes too. i have tried to keep warm by putting extra layers on and keep moving, but the temp in the room needs to be a standard temp before this works.
    i asked today in my local jobcentre but they was useless.

anyone know anything else as i have £10 left! do i eat or do i keep warm :!: