sickness record

Options
jezzie
jezzie Member Posts: 4
Hi
Can anyone tell me if I am off work due to OA in my spine top and bottom does this go on my sickness record? I have been told by a colleague that it does not.

thank you
j

Comments

• tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Jezzie and welcome to the forum.

The helpline people will be around tomorrow and I know they will reply to your message then.

But in the meantime, just wanted to say "hello" and to say that, if you post your message on the Living with Arthritis forum, I am sure you will get some replies because most forum members look in there regularly.

My thoughts on your specific question are that sickness absence from work due to OA would be recorded in the same way as absence for any other reason. The only people who can tell you for certain though are your employers themselves, so best thing might be to ask them directly to set your mind at rest.

Love Tilly x
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,494
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    jezzie wrote:
    Hi
    Can anyone tell me if I am off work due to OA in my spine top and bottom does this go on my sickness record? I have been told by a colleague that it does not.

thank you
    j

Dear Jezzie

Thank you for your posting on the forum. As Tilly has suggested you could speak to your employers about this and your HR department may be a good place to ask. If you look at our booklet ‘Working with arthritis’ which you can access on the link http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/PublicationsandResources/Listedbytype/Booklets this gives information about managing at work and your rights under the Disability Discrimination Act when it comes to employment. Also the Equality and Human Rights Commission should be able to advise you on your rights at work under the DDA. Their website is on http://www.equalityhumanrights.com/ they also have advice lines for different parts of the UK that are listed on this website and you can call and speak to an adviser. I hope that this information is helpful.

Best Wishes
    Dawn