Pencil Grips

radders
radders Member Posts: 42
edited 19. Dec 2010, 15:20 in My child has arthritis
Hi all,

Has anyone purchased pencil grips lately?
I have been referred by OT to a company in Leicester that wants over £20 for a pack of 5 Large Ultra Pencil Grips.
Must admit that price has made me balk - would like to hear of any alternatives before shelling out - I suppose I could put them in her Christmas stocking though... :wink:
Keep warm
Kath

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    You could try disability shops, or educational suppliers such as LDA or E J Nelson, the problem with those tho is they may want you to order quite a few, it's been yonks since I ordered any and I cannot remember the lowest number one can get. W H Sm*th might be another option. Would her school provide some? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • scattered
    scattered Member Posts: 326
    Another place that might be worth a try is the Early Learning Centre.

I hope you find some!
  • radders
    Many thanks for responses and the link - those prices are more like it.
    I've had a good result though, the original company appreciated my comments... and are going to send me a sample one through the post.
    Kath
  • lare73
    lare73 Member Posts: 154
    hi radders, the 'penagain' has been a godsend to tom, he has JA in his hands and it was all getting too much, saw OT and she recommended grips and pens, we bought a top quality one from ebay it was £20 but is nice and heavy and not plastic, staples also sell ergonomic pens and grips hth xxx
  • radders
    Lovely, thank you. x:D
    Kath