Help for self employed PA sufferer?

Options
Poppyg1rl
Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
Hi Helpline,
Should have phoned to have a chat and if I get time tomorrow I will!
I have PA and am a Registered Childminder and I am struggling. I've cut days to 2 and financially it's a juggling act and very stressful. My main problems are my fingers, knees and toes although very recently I've suffered with pleurisy and can't pick the toddlers up too much pain in my back/ribs area. Is there any help I can receive (benefit)? while still managing to work 1 or 2 half days a week? I've been self employed for 15 yrs and love the job, but my joints don't love me! And after a whole day of picking up and trying to keep up with infants I'm in a lot of pain hence why I'm up at 2.08am waiting for Tramadol to kick in. I'm on methotrexate, sulfasalazine and strong painkillers. Sorry to waffle on any help would be appreciated. Thanks Poppy x
'grá agus solas'
'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,494
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Poppygirl

It would be great if you could give us a call to make options easier to discuss as at the moment there are more questions than answers to put to you.

1. When was the last time you had your medication reviewed? If it has been a long time it might be an idea to speak to your rheumatologist to do a review of your medications and dosages.
    2. Regarding financial difficulties it might be an idea to look into applying for Disability Working Tax Credits to top up your current salary: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Directories/UsefulContactsByCategory/MoneyTaxAndBenefitsContacts/DG_10026920

I hope that is a helpful start. Look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes

Simona