How To Get Rid Of Me

elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
Hi

How do i get rid of profile.....

Im at the end of my road, cant get a sympathetic consultant....Dont see point of bending people's ears on here anymore.

Elaine

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi

How do i get rid of profile.....

Im at the end of my road, cant get a sympathetic consultant....Dont see point of bending people's ears on here anymore.

Elaine
    Elaine
    You have lots of very good friends on here, please carry on bending our ear, there has to be a way round this, please pm me if you feel like talking.
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    as far as i can see you need us more than ever, do not go. we are here for you, if you do go feel free to come back we know how it can get you down and then you need a rest from posting but feel free to pop on and see how your pals doing even if ou do not want to post val
    val
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    Hello Elaine

Things are obviously difficult for you at the moment but as your friends have said now is when you need them most. It may help to talk things through with one of us on the helpline so please give us a call. we look forward to hearing from you.

Bes wishes

Simona
  • elainebadknee
    I do not wish your offer of phoning your helpline as i cannot hold a conversation i am so distarught......Things are nof difficult, that doesnt even begin to describe what sort of a future or life i have now in front of me.

Elaine
    Hello Elaine

Things are obviously difficult for you at the moment but as your friends have said now is when you need them most. It may help to talk things through with one of us on the helpline so please give us a call. we look forward to hearing from you.

Bes wishes

Simona
  • helpline_team
    Dear Elaine,

On the factual question of leaving the forum - that would be a question to direct to the Webmanager and they would deal with it if you do decide that's what you want.

I hope that is helpful

Guy
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Tinkerbelle

I really dont feel i belong there as now that the doctors havce decided im not fit for any more attention/treatment I dont really fall into the category of being an arthritis sufferer. Thats how I feel as nobody has said to me try lose a stone or so and come back to see me, its just thats me discharged and no longer a concern. Like you say how can I lose weight if im not doing sufficient exercise to get my heart rate going to the way it needs to be to burn off calories? I can only go out for about an hour and in that time can only walk for about 15-mins, rest is in the car getting parked etc.........
    Its not as if im being negative either, ive got an app with dietician but they will just tell me to cut back, criticise what i eat and i dont eat unhealthy but cannot stomach much brown bread or seeds as it irritates my IBS. Ive cut back too got low fat food in but I know its not going to happen for me, its not rocket science. I went to job centre too to see pathways to work person who tried to get me to apply for DLA which i know i wont and shouldnt qualify for...He also gave me number of training place so i went there and guess what - the same people who havent had jobs for overe 2 decades were there whingeing about coming in for study at 10 in morning.........No doubt they will be classed as disbaled too but i know for a fact theyre not, just bone idle...So im trying but things still dont seem better, i cant see a way out.....I have a medical to attend in March and cos i thought i may have been offered surgery and now not, who's going to back me up medically when i say i cant work in an office where i need to kneel to get to filing cabinets, cant take in stationery orders??? They will class me as a scrounger and i will fail medical and all the financial **** will kick in again.....

So you see i have tried but whatever i do its not enough and im dreading going celebrating christmas and new year cos 2011 is not going to be anything more than worse in 2010......

Elaine
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    You have a rare condition, that's true, but if any group of people is going to understand how you are affected then it's us. We all struggle on a daily basis, some far more than others, but that is not the point. We know what it is like to live with, and try to cope with, continual pain. It isn't easy. I wish you well.
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Tinkerbelle

It is all brick walls and the main reason is that by the medical profession im no longer seen as a sufferer of arthritis, they see me as a weight, an age and not as a person with valid pain and substantial loss of mobility and quality of life.....Im not depressed, its just that i have had all the doors ajar to me slammed in my face firmly...
    I am trying to do things to help but nothing is going to change for me anytime soon at all.......I just know 2011 will be full of the same and it wears me down.
    There are people on here ive made friends with and i appreciate them but it feels like ive been claimed not valid enough to be here, it just doesnt feel right...

Elaine
  • dreamdaisy
    Change is a slow process, it does take time and effort to alter one's circumstances and for much of the time one feels as tho one is getting nowhere. Don't take yourself away from us, we do understand what it is like, possibly we are the only group of people who will be able to empathise. DD
  • elainebadknee
    Time is what worries me, i cant take another year like the one ive just had and thats frightening.
    I broke down in tears today cos i dont want to go up north to family for christmas or new year.....Ive developed another ailment and its making walking very uncomfortable, it just seems to be one thing after another with me and im sick to the back teeth.....
    I appreciate people are trying to emphasise really but ive had enough and am off to doctors tomorrow morning.....
    One person one here who i email said they expected me to be bigger when sent pic....Thats the whole problem, people see me as just overweight and not too bad but im probably same weight as Fern Briton was pre gastric band......
    Im sick of me...

Elaine
  • dreamdaisy
    They said they thought you would be bigger - they were obviously expecting Ten Ton Tessie and were surprised that she wasn't in the pic. We all think we are bigger than we actually are, we never see ourselves as others see us. Until you begin to feel better in yourself, and about yourself, things will not be better for you. Once that happens, the rest will begin to fall into place and things will pick up for you, of that I am sure. It is difficult to reconcile oneself with continual bad health and to get on with it, and we all need a good wallow from time to time - we've all been there, we know what it is like. DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Hi elaine, I was hoping to 'hear' from you today - I have been thinking about you. Take care of yourself, please. DD
  • helpline_team
    Time is what worries me, i cant take another year like the one ive just had and thats frightening.
    I broke down in tears today cos i dont want to go up north to family for christmas or new year.....Ive developed another ailment and its making walking very uncomfortable, it just seems to be one thing after another with me and im sick to the back teeth.....
    I appreciate people are trying to emphasise really but ive had enough and am off to doctors tomorrow morning.....
    One person one here who i email said they expected me to be bigger when sent pic....Thats the whole problem, people see me as just overweight and not too bad but im probably same weight as Fern Briton was pre gastric band......
    Im sick of me...

Elaine

Dear Elaine

It sounds as if things have been really difficult for you and it can often feel like everything is too much and feels overwhelming and no matter what you do you feel as if you are getting nowhere but I can see from your postings that you are trying to do positive things. It is good that you decided to see your doctor and I hope this was helpful for you and you got the support you need at this difficult time. It may be worth talking to the jobcentre again and talk to them about your concerns about working and what may be suitable for you personally. Our booklet ‘Working with arthritis’ has lots of info about your rights if you are working or considering working that may be helpful to you to look through. You can access this by clicking on the link http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/PublicationsandResources/Listedbytype/Booklets I know this has been said to you before but remember that the helpline and forum is here for you to use for support and, as has been expressed by our other forum users, I very much hope that you continue to use the forum.

Warm regards
    Dawn
  • dreamdaisy
    Hey elaine, I am thinking of you and I hope you are as OK as you can be. Look after yourself please, and I hope we hear from you soon. DD
  • elainebadknee
    Re your answer

I find it strange that you advise me to go back to the job centre when i have already stated i have done so and discussed things with them....There is little they can do really and it isnt as simple as people who dodnt have my difficulties realise.....
    In an idyllic world people acommodate disabled people in the workplace and it works, but this is real life and it isnt as simple as discussing with a job centre advisor or reading a booklet.....

E
  • dreamdaisy
    I too hope that 2011 is a better year for you, ebk, than the past has been. I know exactly what 2011 will bring me but as Tink has wisely pointed out, one just doesn't know what lies around the corner - and the average year has many corners. I hope you can discover some inner peace, strength and a more positive outlook on life. I wish you well. DD
  • dreamdaisy
    How are things? DD
  • elainebadknee
    Nothing much has changed with my health. My knee still gives way and is very painful. I forgot my stick yesterday and went in shop to get a magazine and the woman commented "you look as if youre in agony"......
    I have been eating healthier but have had flu too so havent been able to resume swimming yet. See dietician on 20th and doctor after that...Surprise, surprise no notes yet from consultant who wrote me off the second time, so no guidelines even to how much weight to lose as to if he will operate......Im discharged and thats it really.........
    After going to scotland had awful journeys on 23rd held up in 2 hour delay cos of fatal accident on A9 night before..On way back 27th dad's car broke down junction 42 of M6...We left my sisters at 12.30 and should have been home by 6pm, we got in at 00.15 to a freezing cold house cos our condenser heater outside pipe had frozen and it took a day and a half to get heat back to normal...

Not good all in all, we've all been ill.....

Elaine
  • dreamdaisy
    I think many, many people had problems with journeys, illnes and heating over the Christmas period - your family haven't been singled out! Leave your stick by the front door, that way you cannot go out without it. I am lucky in that I cannot walk very far at all without my crutches so I never forget them - I suppose I could have them tied thro my coat sleeves like mittens! Well done on starting the healthy-eating bit, it can only be beneficial all-round to your general health. I have stopped gorging on biccies and choccies and have lost a couple of pounds, which is encouraging. I am cutting the steroids by a ridiculously small amount next week, and I hope that helps too. Oh, I dunno why I'm telling you all this, I know it isn't relevant to you and you are the one that matters. I hope you can get back to the swimming soon, it is a lovely thing to be able to do - I envy you that. Take care. DD
  • elainebadknee
    Well I know my family hasnt been singled out but i was asked how things were so I answered.......

elaine
  • elainebadknee
    As you know I dont post much now for reasons I have given before and am not going to repeat myself........

That froggie thing in my car??????????????????Havent a clue what you mean?

Elaine
  • elainebadknee
    I do have a beany frog called Sol...Just didnt know what you meant the way it were worded.....?? He is okay still gripping dashboard....

E
  • elainebadknee
    I have pm team to help erase account but that was this morning and nothing has happened. I note that if ever mods feel i have said something wrong or akin they are in touch like a bullet but whenever i make requests they are snail like......I would appreciate action and as they are open every day i cant see why this cannot be done swiftly....

Elaine
  • elainebadknee
    I have done that too and just spoken to someone who is again sending mmesage to wm...I was hoping this was going to be confirmation they have actioned it but no.....

I havent posted for ages and wont be again.......Decision is made.

elaine
  • helpline_team
    Dear Elaine

Further to your posting and phone call today, I have sent a message to the webmanager asking him to delete your profile.

Regards

Nick

Helplines Team