New to Humira

Jo Holland
Jo Holland Member Posts: 7
Hi, I was diagnosed with RA about 8 years ago and have been on the usual suspects of Methatrexate, Sulphasalazine, Hydroxychloroquine and Leflunomide. Just about to start Humira for the first time tomorrow and have a stinking cold and throat on fire. Have tried to get hold of the nurse coming to do the injection to see if I need to postpone but can not get hold of her. Any ideas on what I should do? Anything I can take to make it better.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Try to get hold of the nurse again tomorrow to ask her advice. I have been on humira since July 09 but haven't, as yet, been ill when it's due. I don't take the meth when I have a bug and I wouldn't do the humira, either. Not much help, I'm afraid! I hope you feel better soon. DD

Right, it's now the next morning - I hope you are feeling better, I hope the symptoms of the cold have eased. Try the nurse once more but if she does pitch up on your doorstep ask her then! Views do vary on whether one should inject meth etc if one is ill - I have always been told 'No' whereas others on the forums go ahead. It's all down to the opinion of the team with whom you are working. Let me know the outcome, please, if you can. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    Hi Jo,
    I am sorry to hear that you are not feeling very well over this festive period. I would suggest (as Dreamdaisy has mentioned) to be persistent in trying to contact the nurse, but if you still cannot get hold of her try ringing your rheumatology department to seek guidance from there.

Best Wishes And Seasons greeting
    Adele
  • Jo Holland
    Jo Holland Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for your advice and I managed to get an emergency appt at the Dr and finally got hold of the nurse. Got an infection and still feeling really bad. Now on antibiotics and can not have the Humira until after New Year now so hanging on in there for the moment and hope the antibiotics kick in soon. Hope you all have a good xmas and New Year. Keep smiling!!! :))
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh dear, you poor thing. I hope the antibiotics kick in very soon, that you have a good christmas and that you can start the big H in January. There are a number of threads about it on the LWA forum, so if you want to know how others are coping that's the place to look! I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben