Hands hurting so much that using comp a pain,:)

pottypam
pottypam Member Posts: 27
edited 2. Jan 2011, 13:24 in Living with Arthritis archive
Have found over the years that sometimes one part of my arthitis acts up more than others, but recently my right hand is so swollen and painful, my left swollen but notso painful, being right handed makes everything so much harder , have spent the last couple of days dropping thing can not bend topick up, and tried to do things like zips and buttons, mmm it is really a pain, hopefully next week it be something else , hope other of you had a loverly xmas with not tooo much pain, xx

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Pam, I have been having a lot of pain in my hands and wrists lately... It's not like we don't use em every day eh? Lol
    I wear my wrist splints more and more these days.. I know what you mean about dropping things, gravity is the enemey! :x :lol:

Be well, hope it eases soon..
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Hi Guys
    Not so much the gravity but the shape of my hands and fingers things become difficult you tend to adapt and overcome.
    Of the things thats wrong with me the onle place its visible is my hands.
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hi pottypam, it might be time to consider investing in some Dragon software - you can then talk to your computer and it will do magic and your words will appear. Saves the fingers, yes? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Pam,

Dragon is good....... its something I am seriously thinking of getting but the one I tried doesn't understand me...... I have a slight accent and its bemused by it....

They say you can train it though.....

I am right thee with you with the hands and wrists..... makes it harder to type but thankfully the spell check normally bails me out....

I use fingerless gloves, both the wet suit stuff and the woolen ones, that helps mine.

Funny I am the other way round, the left wrist and hand is very swollen and hurting the right isn't as bad.

I am also right handed but the left is the one I hit the most..... Clinically they say the right is wore but its the left that really bangs and wont shut up.....

I don't know a cure flower but hang in there cus it usually passes to some degree. A ((( ))) and a hope is all I can do. Cris xx
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hi, I know you have a lot more problems than I do, but, my hands have also been playing up and swelling the last few weeks or so and I've been dropping things. The air turns blue! Maybe its the weather! I hope you soon feel better, maybe the weather will start to give us break, (not an arm or leg type, a holiday type)! :oops: Love Sue :wink:
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Pam
    Roll on summer, then maybe we will all see some improvement, saying that when it is to hot...then I really suffer...not fair is it.
    I hope you hands improve soon, the new dragon software, understands accents better then the old one, I had a go on my neighbours..if it can understand my lancashire accent ..then anyone can use it.. x:)
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    warm dry weather will be welcome y hands also painfull and am only coming on for short amounts of time it to painfull for more than that good luck hope it better soon val
    val
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    if it can understand my lancashire accent ..then anyone can use it.. x:)
    Barbara x

Lol, you're not kidding Barbara :o:lol::lol:
    By the way....
    I'm a Yorkshiremen :grin::lol:

XXX
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hey Barbara....... it don't understand Cornish :wink: xx
  • Cez
    Cez Member Posts: 46
    My wrists have been playing up to, luckily more so my left wrist (i'm right-handed). My pain killers don't seem to help and neither do pain killing gels so i just have to ride through it.

I mainly find i have no strength in my hands which is a pain because i work in a pharmacy so child-proof bottle tops are my nemesis! :lol: However my colleagues are really understanding so i can't complain!

I go to Thailand in a few weeks, i'm hoping the sun will be a miracle cure!