Back on Humira.

tkachev
tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
edited 4. Jan 2011, 14:37 in Living with Arthritis archive
Just to say I took my Humira a few mins ago after a break of about 7 weeks maybe more,because my foot is collapsing and cracking and hurting terribly and both hips are hurting too, even the replaced one that hurts where the bone meets the new bit. I have decided my cold is better and I can't stand any more arthritis pain. I am just hoping the cold does not get worse and the pain lessens.
I thought it would be interesting to see how long it takes to improve and how my cold symptoms react. A kind of mini- experiment I suppose.

Elizabeth
Never be bullied into silence.
Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Elizabeth,

I so hope it will start to ease up the bones quickly and your cold doesn't get worse. I guess in 7 weeks it will still be a residue in your body? Not sure how watered down it will be but fingers crossed the cold will not rev up again and the bones will back off.

Hope you and your family enjoy your selves over Christmas and stay safe in the ice! ((( ))) and some buckets of good lucks and get betters. Cris xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I hope it helps, tkachev. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Hi Elizabeth,

Good luck with restarting the Humira, I do hope you feel the benefit soon. Have a wonderful Christmas day with all your lovely family.

Best wishes for 2011,

Lv, Ix
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Good luck from me too. Hope you start to feel the benefit soon.

Happy Christmas!

Lots love Tilly xxx
  • tkachev
    Thankx Tilly, DD, Iris and Cris.

Merry Christmas not long to go now. No sign of any improvement yet. In fact my left knee feels like a balloon, foot still buckling under me, hips sore but the cold symptoms have gone. I did not blow my nose once today.
    I am exhausted and want to go to sleep but the children are excited and I have a few more pressies to wrap.

Have a lovely Christmas.

Elizabeth x

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Dear Elizabeth

I hope you may soon be able to unwind a little, my lovely and that tomorrow is kind to you so you may have a lovely day with your family.

Lots of love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • dreamdaisy
    Well, it's a few days later, tkachev, are things any better? I hope so, as I know it is effective for you - it actually does what the docs say it can! DD
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Elizabeth,

Just dropping in to leave a hope your feeling a lot better and a ((((( ))))) Cris xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Elizabeth
    Sorry I have only just seen your post, I do hope the humira has started to work on the pain, hopefully you got some relief over Christmas.
    Let us know how you are.
    Here's some hugs ((((((()))))
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    Hello Cris, DD , Barbara and Elna.

I am still in pain in my left knee and ankle but the rest of me is okay. My hip pain is much better although I still get twinges in the join of the THR. It has been suggested it is the new tendons knitting together. I wonder?I am about to take my MTX so the humira/mtx mix might start working.

Cris my stomach problems are definately MTX linked as I have got better since off MTx and it comes back when taking it again.

Had a dreadful night in a different bed and it was agony to roll over. I was sandwiched between 2 of my children as both wanted a cuddle.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    Well at this point, a week later, I am pleased to say the ankle pain is much better and I managed to sleep really well last night (despite thomas the tank trains, a toy cat, a pair of headphones and a psp on the bed and a pile of mags and books ). The hip pain has eased but the knee still feels swollen. So all in all much better.I am trying to rest my legs more now that Christmas is over and this is helping too.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    Oh that is good news, I am pleased for you. Here's to a better 2011! DD
  • ironic
    Hi Elizabeth,
    I am pleased for you that the Humira has made a difference so quickly.

Wishing a better 2011 and your hip is easier for you.
    Lv, Ix
  • tkachev
    Well I have yet another very bad cold, mostly a sore throat so holding off on this weeks methotrexate. I am wishing I had that flu jab in October now.
    Still have pain in my knee and sometimes my ankle but hips have been fine with no pain at all just a little soreness.I hope it is not going to flare up again now off the MTx but I expect it will.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    Get yourself better and then have the flu jab. That should stave off any more infections, I hope. I have had mine every October/November for years and rarely have the sniffles - it's worth it. I hope you feel better soon. DD
  • tkachev
    Thanks DD. I seem to have had a permanent cold since the children returned to school in September. Last year I had the flu jab and was fine.Trouble is I can't shake this one off to be well enough for my flu jab.It doesn't help that friends keep bringing their very sick children to the house telling us how ill the poor lambs are. I can see for myself thankyou.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Dear Elizabeth,

I am so sorry to hear that you have yet another cold or this cold on top of the other that was just about gone. Oh dear, your new year is not getting off on a good footing, is it? I do hope that this sore throat magically disappears. It would be a good idea if you could have the flu jab when you are well enough and let's hope that is soon. Speak soon,

Love
    Elna x(())
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Elizebeth
    Sorry you are suffering another cold, I had my flu jab I havent had flu..touch wood..my head..but I have had a stinking cold and chest infection.
    Like you say the kids bring them home
    I do hope you feel better very soon, then you can can continue on your meds.
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • ironic
    Oh Elizabeth that is so unfair to get another cold and sore throat. I had my first ever Flu injection in Nov so perhaps I have been lucky after all.
    I do hope you start to feel better soon.

Lv, Ix