kidneys

valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 28. Dec 2010, 11:30 in Living with Arthritis archive
ok got high blood pressure they just raised the meds am on as not sorted yet this meens have to have blood test to check kidney function the thing is have had stomache bug for last few days and it was not good last time bit border line so will the probs have thrown me further into difficultys with kidneys how long does it take for them to settle after such a bug??? have made sure that have drunk plenty even when did not feel like it ???? any ideas val
val

Comments

• tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Val

No ideas for you I'm afraid but just wanted to say hope all is well with your kidneys when you have the test and that you are recovering from the bug you have had. I do think that making sure you were drinking plenty was a good plan anyway.

Thinking of you.

Lots love Tilly xxx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Sorry pal, kidneys are the one thing I've (so far) not had problems with...........have I heard that cranberry juice is good for them?

Annie
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh dear valval, it never rains but it pours. I am afraid I have no idea about the kidney question - I think that's one for either your GP or NHS Direct. I hope you are on the mend. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    thanks all will try cranberry juice did wonder why they made me repeat test last time lol and guess what got to have smear test as well must stay away from that doc lol
    val
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Val,

I don't know the answer flower but wanted to just leave you a ((( ))) and a hope. When you go for the bloods tell them about the bug cus they might want to rearrange the bloods. They have mine a couple of times. Hope you will soon feel a hell of a lot better. Cris xx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Hi Val,

How are you today? Has the stomach bug finally gone yet? Fingers crossed that the cranberry juice will do the trick and your next test will be within the norm.

Lv, Ix