I have poison in my airing cupboard.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 31. Dec 2010, 08:33 in Living with Arthritis archive
I am good to go. Two syringes of meth, two needles, two pairs of gloves and a pretty purple-lidded sharps box. Children go to parties and come home with goody bags. I went for the self-administered stabbing and also came home with a goody bag - but I use the term very, very loosely. I have to go back to the hospital on the 19th to collect the next lot of jollop and the required accoutrements. Deep, deep joy. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 619
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Sounds grim DD x:!: x:!:

Hope it all goes OK for you and that all the 'goody's' have some positive effect.

Thinking of you.

Take care.xx
    anne
  • moodyblue
    moodyblue Member Posts: 15
    Hi. I have my own self stabbing kit too. My poison is in my fridge. And has to stay there this week as I have the flu! I never get the flu. I had a flu jab this year. What is going on? My OH rang the hospital this morning and they said to swerve the MTX this week. So I may get the pains back soon. Oh joy! Happy New Year!
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Hi DD :grin:

It takes a bit of getting used to...this self -injecting milarky! I've been doing this Mtx jabbing for a few years now... not much fun but it has to be better than having to go weekly to the hossie?
    Small comfort...but at least the Mtx doesn't sting which makes the stabbing a little easier to tolerate. :wink:

I'm given an 8 week supply at a time and have mine 'stored' in the wardrobe safely tucked away from the little people (grandchildren :lol: )

Iris xxxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Lovely :))

Bet you are over the moon there DD x:lol:

Better than the treck to the nurses every week though and you HAVE been stabbing the humira for a while anyway haven't you?

Love

toni xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    moodyblue wrote:
    Hi. I have my own self stabbing kit too. My poison is in my fridge. And has to stay there this week as I have the flu! I never get the flu. I had a flu jab this year. What is going on? My OH rang the hospital this morning and they said to swerve the MTX this week. So I may get the pains back soon. Oh joy! Happy New Year!

Going through similar as you.But I missed my flu jab as I had already got a cold. The pains have indeed returned.
    Elizabeth.
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    Oh moodyblue, do I understand you right? The meth does something for you? If you miss a dose you can feel the difference? If I miss a dose I can feel the difference too - I feel better. I don't have any actual side-effects with the meth: it, the humira, the pred and the pain dullers usually maintain me in the area of moderately grotty, but if I do miss a dose for whatever reason then the moderately grotty improves slightly, only to sink again once back on it. Pointless bl**dy stuff, meth. For me, anyway. I hope you feel better soon so that you can get back to the meth. Hapopy stabbing! DD
  • spacey
    spacey Member Posts: 126
    you are braver than me! insulin I was able to manage but my methotrexate was intra-muscular and had to go in my buttocks so poor hubby was inlisted to stab my bum. I teased him to take his revenge on me but he used to go all pale, sweaty and squiffy when it was time to do the deed - luckily wasnt on it long at all as I then went for surgery and no longer needed it. x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi DD,

I keep a whole array of meds in the fridge.....None of it human but still very good at injecting if I can help :lol:

I was sat with the rumo and was about t say the mtx is doing nothing ..... then I thought ell its got rid f the bit of psoriasis, the crohn's isn't flairing and might on the higher dose stop grumbling, the eyes are not going off on one as often and I haven't had as many vertigo attacks.... so....

Sometimes things are dong something without us knowing...... Mind the mtx isn't seeming to be dong much for the bones but then I don't know what its meant to do......

Yo have a decent day and don't go getting trolley rage :wink: xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Morning dd

Hope you are well this morning. I read one of your replies and gather you are prob shopping at this moment. I hope its not too busy.
    Have a good night tonight whatever you do.I am going to try to stay awake, but guaranteed if i do drop off i will be woken by fireworks.
    Take care
    juliepf x
  • dreamdaisy
    In and out in under half an hour, mum still sleeping. Not bad, eh? I don't get trolley rage - car rage is another matter tho. Strewth there are some slow-witted twerps on the road who do not seem to have mastered any of the pedals, switches or the big round thing in front of them that they cling on to for grim death.

I am absolutely certain that meth has done nothing for the arthritis or the skin, but it has, perhaps, stopped me reacting against the humira too fast. Although the big H has not delivered anything like what is promised, it has been my longest-lasting anti TNF to date, so I guess I shouldn't be too ungrateful. I still flare and I have added more joints to the affected list but I do have about eight moderately grotty days every fortnight as opposed to every day being helllish, so that has to be a good thing. I think the sulph controls my psoriasis (such as it is) but I KNOW it is the steroids, those seductive little darlings, that make all the difference, which is why I will be devoting 2011 to giving them up. They are too lovely, too effective, too wonderful and too dangerous. Having been on them for nearly four years I realise that it is going to take some considerable time to drop them, hence the idea of using a whole year. Sounds like a plan, yes? We like plans. I don't like this one but I fear it has to be done. DD
  • skezier
    Hi DD,

Flower you know I don't like preds...... I know in only 5 months they took bot muscle off me and made the bones hurt..... They do the job they were meant to do but its left e very distrustful of them...

Mind animals seem to do very well n them :wink:

It is cus of the humira that you have the mtx and it should be doing that job at any rate.

DD its all in the lap of the fates, some things work for one and not another but with luck 2011 will be the year they crack it and find you the right combination.

Talking a load of junk here, sorry......Got to go move a load of stones now if you have a min and can help... hey we could get your mum to do the small ones :wink: Hang in there flower its got to improve at some point. ((((( ))))) and a kick of the hug bucket. Cris xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Aren't you a smasher? You are always there with words of comfort and reassurance, which is so lovely and typical of you. I am resigned to my fate, skezier: these things don't get better, I know that some of it is my fault as I let it go on for far too long in the early stages: I should not have listened to the docs when they said that my fat left knee would deflate of its own accord, and as a result I reckon I have denied myself the full benefit of any meds. My immune system was a bu**er from the word go, and it is now amusing itself hugely with the PA. Quite what will happen when the humira fails I don't know: try another thing? It's my third and final anti TNF, so there isn't much choice! Stop it all for a while and see what happens? Turn to gin? Yup, that'll do. My mother keeps telling people that I have cirrhosis, so I might as well add it to the list. :grin: DD
  • skezier
    Hi DD,

Hey being resigned to it doesn't mean you can't push the boundaries still :wink:

I wonder if pain clinic etc could help you....

You know they have put me on palliative care only but they really are bending oer backward to get and keep the pain at an acceptable level.

I am so lucky I have an incredible good and kind pain clinic doc and she knows I really am my way of life and what it would do to me to give it up...

It was a hard conversation to have with her but its made her try so hard.

It might be its a road that would help you? Mind pain clinic docs are also lie meds..... some are good and some aren't.....

If the humira does fail there are new drugs coming in all the time...... DD you have to keep hold of hope (yep I do wish I had called her something else) cus it's all we have at times.

Visualisation.... both my oa and pa are in a hamster ball... they really are and when they kick me I just 'see' the ball and know they can't get out :lol::lol:

Min sadly they are working together very well so maybe I should ave put them in separate balls.... the crohn's now that's in gibbet :lol: I shall shut up now. Cris xx
  • dreamdaisy
    I like your visualisation skills, I can see exactly what you mean by the PA and OA in their hamster balls! Now those you can kick around - on a good day, that is! My PA is like this: a045.gif , laughing and jeering, dancing and prancing, thumbing its nose at me. I know it doesn't like being ignored - and most of the time I can ignore it. Sometimes, however, especially when over-tired as I am now, I cannot and it comes sneeringly to the fore again. This is one of those times - my tether is so stretched I think I am nearly in Cornwall! Can you see me? I am the large, pink-faced woman clattering about on sticks! Coo-ee! 'Smeee! DD
  • dreamdaisy
    This is new to the hospital del, they are branching out - I think I am one of their trusted patients - :shock: I am sure that once everything is underway, and I can get in and organise things (!) it will all be fine. I remembered my FA this morning - I is a good girl! I hope your shoulder is improving. DD
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    [. I remembered my FA this morning - I is a good girl! I hope your shoulder is improving. DD[/quote]

Language Timothy!!!!! :))
  • dreamdaisy
    del, I can assure you that I have the required whiskers!

frog - that's a good 'un, yes? FA - hee-hee! Yup, I dropped some acid this morning. Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan that feels goooooooooooooooood. DD