New Year Forum Cruise

joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 24. Jan 2011, 19:20 in Community Chit-chat archive
As official Director of Cruises for JL Cruises Ltd, I am pleased to announce that the Skylark is about to be relaunched for a New Year Forum cruise. As Captain Rehab has steered us expertly on several previous cruises, we are hoping that he will agree to captain the ship once again.

p0403.gif

The itinerary is yet to be decided, but it will be to somewhere sunny and warm. We set sail on 1st Jan, 2011.

1st Mate is Kate Kelly, 2nd Mate is Annie, who has promised to dance a hornpipe, and Val has volunteered to inspect the Able-Bodied Seamen to make sure they are all ship-shape. There are still vacancies for 3rd mate, 2 cadets, a Chief Engineer, 2nd and 3rd Engineers, Chief Purser and several Able Bodied Seamen. All applications should be made ( with CV ) to me, c/o JL Cruises Ltd.

As usual on these amazing cruises, passengers can have their cabins fitted out to their own specifications, regardless of cost. Any luxuries you want can be supplied, so please place your requests on booking. You may also request anyone to be your cabin boy or girl ( celebrities, film stars, or anyone you fancy )

I look forward to receiving your applications for crew members, or bookings as passengers.

Joan ( Director of JL Cruises Ltd. ) p0410.gif
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Joan how nice of you
    Please please please please can i have the state rooms with the balcony.
    Ill just sign up for the cruise however feel free to call on my expertise if you need me, Anything from bomb disposal to well lets say feedinfg the fish, can't tell you much more or ill have to kill you oh forgot your the boss its just a need to know thing.
    Anyway i need some good relaxation and can't think of a better break than to join you and the guys on your cruise. You could list me as the doctor because i have so much medication. can recognise most illness because i had them lol
    Yours Faithfully
    Colin thingy KMH, GBH, RA, PA, FM night of the lazy band
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    'Tis me, reporting for duty. I have pressed my bellbottoms the wrong way round and have set the nets to trawl for seafood for the use of the chef (have we got one yet?). I will also be assisting Val in the (several) daily inspections of the Able-Bodied crew (Val might need a nap, you never know).

I need vitamin D badly, so will be inspecting them al fresco and topless. After all, we need to be sure they are at the peak of efficiency before we sail.

I have cleverly remembered to pack a crowbar and some steel rope in my luggage and hopefully, Trish will bring her brolly which she will keep in a locked cage.

Glad you are joining us, Colin, just remember to bring along all your meds, a jelly mould and some insulation tape.

Annie
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    Yo Ho Ho me Hearties how we be doing? Pieces of eight and bottles of rum!!

Sorry just slipped back into my Pirate ways!!

Welcome one and all to the good ship Skylark, I see from the crew list we are still a few people missing for extremely important roles aboard. So just in case people aren't sure of what these positions are (Steady people!!) please contact me personally and I will show you the terms of contract....and for gentleman applicants I WILL SHOW YOU the terms of contract (Wahayyy!).

Love the First Mate.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    pemision to come aboard sir.
    right am here with hand lugage only and a hand warmer :)) :)) :)) well do not want to shock the able bodied seamen do we lol right annie shall we see what going on in the bar.
    joan keep trisher her normal state room ect sure she willmake it val
    val
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Hi folks, I'm all for the sailing off to somewhere warm malarkey.. Up to you if I'm passenger or crew.. Have dj experience. Can boogie as demonstrated below... My future is in your hands! :shock: :o :? :o :shock: :P
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • joanlawson
    Hi Shipmates, and welcome on the cruise. :!: :grin::grin:

Colin thingy KMH, GBH, RA, PA, FM night of the lazy band

It will be a privilege to have such an eminent VIP as you on board, and the most luxurious state room with balcony has been reserved for you. Your expertise in medicine, bomb disposal, and feeding fish has been noted, and might be called upon in emergencies, so thank you.

Annie, 2nd Mate

I'm happy to hear that you are taking your reponsibilities as 2nd Mate seriously and assisting the chef ( yet to be appointed ) and Val, who has such an onerous task with all those Able-Bodied Seamen to inspect :!:

Kate, 1st Mate

I'm rather worried by your use of P****e terms. Aboard the Skylark, we don't mention the word P****e in case Del and his motley crew of ne-er do wells should hear us. We had a few unfortunate encounters with them on the last cruise :shock: :shock: Anyway, I will be keeping a close eye open for them. p0407.gif

Val, You are doing a great job with all that inspecting of Able -Bodied Seamen. Only the fittest will do, so keep up the good work :!: :grin: Trisher's usual state room has been reserved, so I hope she will join us.

Tony Welcome on your maiden voyage on the Skylark :!: Your DJ expertise will be much appreciated when we have parties on board. If Captain Rehab doesn't show up, maybe you could take over his job. However, I am still hopeful that he will come out of retirement and join the cruise.

Tinks I'm not sure whether you are joining us or just wishing us Bon Voyage :?: :?:

Delboy

Off to salvage my ship that sank off the Island where the 8th Egg of Destiny is hidden.

We'll be ready for you :!: :shock: :shock: Ha-ha, you don't scare me :!: :!:

Joan :grin:
  • tjt6768
    That is very sweet of you tinks... I'm still willing to earn mi keep onboard, lol... :)) so will do the dj'ing at all partys gratis... Also, if everyone is ok with it I would be hunoured to step in as El Capitan.. But only while Rehab joins us..... So... Len, don't be bloody long rkid, I can't control this rabble for long.... :))
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • PamieAFC1903
    PamieAFC1903 Member Posts: 899
    What about me lol....

Nah it dont matter, I dont do cruises... and I'm in Aberdeen on NYD lol
    I ♥ Runrig.

I live, sleep, eat and breathe Runrig!!!!!.
  • joanlawson
    What about me lol....

Nah it dont matter, I dont do cruises... and I'm in Aberdeen on NYD lol

Pamie, the beauty of this cruise is that you can be in two places at once, and not only that, it's completely free :!: Now you won't get a better offer than that, will you :?: Also, this isn't just ANY cruise, as you would soon discover if you joined us :grin:
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Tinkerbelle is right, Pamie...........we can pick you up in Aberdeen or anywhere else you choose..........once on the cruise we have our own private helicopter for the use of those with hossy/doc/other necessary appointments.

I have remembered to collect my flagon of gun-oil (seamen, for the use of), no good having unoiled ones, is it?

Val, the hand warmer is an inspiration! I hope to be worthy of your trust in this is auspicious appointment.

BACK TO MY LISTS;

Lessee, colander - check, razor - check, gas mask - check...............

Annie
  • joanlawson
    Joan well it does sound like fun.

So does that mean you are joining us then :?: Let me know what you would like in your cabin if so. ( no expense spared :!: :grin: )
  • angelgirl7
    angelgirl7 Member Posts: 118
    x:cry:

Is it to late to come aboard ??? I'll be ready and ship shape and Bristol fashion by the 1st Jan. :))

Beckie X
  • tjt6768
    I will be in charge of said entrainment, have booked kylie for the blokes and am waiting to see who I can get for the wimmin.. trying for jude law for mrs lawson, anyone else have any particular requests...? Keep em clean though folks, I blush easily.. Lol..
    By the way I could double up as a sailor I suppose, got more tattoos than you're average one! Haha..
    Don't know about able bodied though, I could get sued under the trade descriptions act!
    :))
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Count me in ...I was going to ask George Clooney again....but he let me down lightly...think I may have worn him out on the last one...anyway I have just had an email off Robbie...saying it would be his pleasure...he is bringing his group along to entertain us all....think they are called TAKE THAT :grin: so could I have a whirlpool in my executive suite...plus one of those massage tables....Oh I am all excited :grin::grin:
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • joanlawson
    angelgirl7 wrote:

Is it to late to come aboard ??? I'll be ready and ship shape and Bristol fashion by the 1st Jan. :))

Beckie X

Welcome, Beckie :!: :grin: Have you got any special requests for your cabin :?:
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    annie_mial wrote:
    Tinkerbelle is right, Pamie...........we can pick you up in Aberdeen or anywhere else you choose..........once on the cruise we have our own private helicopter for the use of those with hossy/doc/other necessary appointments.

I have remembered to collect my flagon of gun-oil (seamen, for the use of), no good having unoiled ones, is it?

Val, the hand warmer is an inspiration! I hope to be worthy of your trust in this is auspicious appointment.

BACK TO MY LISTS;

Lessee, colander - check, razor - check, gas mask - check...............

Annie

Glad to see you have your gas mask obviously the memory of the situation that arose last time with the pickled eggs is still fresh in your mind....I hear some are still in therapy after the 'aroma' debarcle of the last cruise :mrgreen::mrgreen: . But never mind we are a hardy lot and will continue onwards.
  • joanlawson
    tjt6768 wrote:
    I will be in charge of said entrainment, have booked kylie for the blokes and am waiting to see who I can get for the wimmin.. trying for jude law for mrs lawson, anyone else have any particular requests...? Keep em clean though folks, I blush easily.. Lol..
    By the way I could double up as a sailor I suppose, got more tattoos than you're average one! Haha..
    Don't know about able bodied though, I could get sued under the trade descriptions act!
    :))

Hi Tony, I've got you booked to be captain unless Rehab can be persuaded to return, if that is OK with you. I'm sure you can multi-task as resident DJ, entertainments manager, and almost able-bodied seaman, as well as captain if necessary.

BTW, Jude is already booked as my cabin-boy :oops: :oops:
  • joanlawson
    barbara12 wrote:
    Count me in ...I was going to ask George Clooney again....but he let me down lightly...think I may have worn him out on the last one...anyway I have just had an email off Robbie...saying it would be his pleasure...he is bringing his group along to entertain us all....think they are called TAKE THAT :grin: so could I have a whirlpool in my executive suite...plus one of those massage tables....Oh I am all excited :grin::grin:
    Barbara x

Hi Barbara

I'm so glad that you are joining us, and the whirlpool in the executive suite, plus the massage table will be waiting for you.

So pleased that Robbie and Take That will be entertaining us :!: :grin: That George Clooney chap isn't worth bothering about if he's turned down your offer :shock: He doesn't know what he's missing :!:
  • angelgirl7
    angelgirl7 Member Posts: 118
    joanlawson wrote:
    angelgirl7 wrote:

Beckie X

I will need a cabin close to the night life so I can roll back without fear of being "girl over board" ........................ but saying that some hot sailor would need to rescue me :o :oops:

I am happy to help out in anyway I can, I can sing and play guitar if thats any help ;-)

Beckie XX
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    joanlawson wrote:
    barbara12 wrote:
    Barbara x

Hi Barbara
    I'm so glad that you are joining us, and the whirlpool in the executive suite, plus the massage table will be waiting for you.

So pleased that Robbie and Take That will be entertaining us :!: :grin: That George Clooney chap isn't worth bothering about if he's turned down your offer :shock: He doesn't know what he's missing :!:
    Joan...that is just what I said...anyway I think he is a bit to old.. :grin::grin:
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • joanlawson
    angelgirl7 wrote:
    joanlawson wrote:
    angelgirl7 wrote:

Beckie X

I will need a cabin close to the night life so I can roll back without fear of being "girl over board" ........................ but saying that some hot sailor would need to rescue me :o :oops:

I am happy to help out in anyway I can, I can sing and play guitar if thats any help ;-)

Beckie XX

Hi Beckie

A cabin right next to the nightclub/ entertainments area has been booked for you, plus a hot sailor on permanent stand-by, in case of ''emergencies''. I'm sure that Tony, our entertainments manager, will be pleased to arrange for you to play and sing for us. :grin:
  • PamieAFC1903
    Well we better have plenty of Valium and sick bags LMAO.

Oh... if there can be any sporty stuff I can take control hehe, help the old joints get moving (slightly).

And will have to see if Aberdeen win, I will join ya all hehe, if they lose I think I will wallow into my bed haha.
    I ♥ Runrig.

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    hi rehab coming with us in spirit so tony can be captain and rehab will have cabin with female assistants and will be with us in all the fun and games val
    val
  • joanlawson
    Are you sure you got that message the right way round, Val :?: Should it have been fun and games with the female assistants :?: :lol::lol: Anyway, I'm glad that the spirit of Captain Rehab will live on in the Skylark, even if he won't be taking the wheel on this occasion.

So Captain Tony it is, if he is willing to take on the job. :?: :?:

Joan
  • PamieAFC1903
    I'm having nae fun and games wae anyone pmsl :P
    I ♥ Runrig.