HELPLINES SANTA SERVICE

helpline_team
helpline_team Posts: 3,464
Hello to all our friends out there on Chat to Helplines. We know how important it is to have someone around when you really need them so we are especially extending our service cover for you this year during the festive season
We will be checking a couple of times a day 25th to 28th and be fully available 29th to 31st Dec. Again we will be checking New Years day to 3rd Jan. Back to full Helplines service on phones, emails and CtH forum on 4th Jan.
The email and telephone service will be fully available 29th, 30th and New Years eve. Usual times 10am to 4pm.
0808 800 4050
helplines@arthritiscare.org.uk
Wishing you all a happy and pain free festive holiday and thank you all for your support this year.
Jo
Helplines Manager
x:wink:

Comments

• tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Just wanted to say "thanks" helpline peeps! It's so nice to know there is someone there!

Happy Christmas!

Tilly xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hi Penn and the gang - just popped on to wish you all a very Happy Christmas - I hope your day is going well and thank you for being there. It's a comfort. Take care, please, and many thanks for all that you do. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • helpline_team
    Hello everyone
    Day one of the fuill Santa Service is over and we helped 36 people from all over the UK.
    Don'e forget we are open again tomorrow at 10am to take your calls, emails and answer your questions here.
    Take care everyone,
    Jo x:wink: Guy x:lol: Simone x:P
    Wednesday's Helplines Santa Service team
  • dreamdaisy
    An idle query - is that more, less or about the same as a usual day? DD
  • helpline_team
    Its not an idle question DD - glad someone is interested.
    We can take anything between 40 and 60 calls, emails and forum interactions in a day between us. On a busy day when there is something in the press which worries folk - that might be 80 to a 100 phone calls alone. We usually open longer at times like that. An average call is 10 minutes long but some can be over an hour. We will always spend time with people when they need that bit of extra support.
    So yesterday being a Wednesday following a Bank Holiday was very good.
    Thanks for asking - we'll post more up like this on our web pages in the new Year
    Jo
    Helplines Manager
  • helpline_team
    LInes and emails closed for the evening - see you all tomorrow !
    Jo x:wink: Simone x:) Nick x:P Adele x:lol:
  • dreamdaisy
    I am amazed at that number - that is much higher than I envisaged but on the other hand I have no idea why I thought it might be fewer. Well I never. Hats' off to you lot then, it cannot be easy sometimes listening to people: this is an isolating and much-misunderstood condition and it's good to know that you are there to help. Thank you. DD

PS A further thought: are you all affected by the dreaded A too?
  • helpline_team
    Happy New Year to all our Forum friends.
    Helplines are now closed until Tuesday 4th at 10am but we will be keeping an eye on our little bit of the forum over the weekend.
    Don't forget - we are back fully open for Emails Phone Calls Letters and your postings here in the New Year - as usual.
    Best wishes for 2011 and take care out there
    Jo x:lol:
    Simone Guy Dawn Adele Nick Penn the 2011 Santa Service
    and Bharti and Paul our other team members.