skezier's outpatients

Comments

• bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Morning Cris glad you are noticing the collar that's a good thing i hope , still got kleenex on hand leaving many hugs for all even for the bully-hock , he needs to behave xxx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Morning skezier, I hope your collar has helped overnight: no doubt it will feel very strange but if it helps to reduce that awful feeling - if not get rid of it altogether - then that has to be a good thing.

Of course you helped and dug, how could/would you not? She was your special girl and that just had to be done. I am glad, however, that you had an assistant.

Right, I am off for my last pre-dawn raid upon Sainsbriz for this festive period. I will be back! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Brenda, Berty and DD,

This collar has helped! Either that or the acupuncture.....

I have every reason to be totally wrecked today in the spines case, it did get used but you know the neck hurts less than normal.

I gad to take it off but the neck wasn't.....Pins and needles are straight back. Maybe I need to fight back on the muscle loss thing....

I think I have also become over sensitive to pain where the necks concerned. Its no worse than the lumber and that doesn't 'hurt' me near as much, maybe that's all the nerve damage eh?! :wink:

Brenda its been a privilege to meet you as well... well all of you actually. xx

Berty thanks for the tissues..... its hit home now and the veneer is missing for now. xx

Hey DD enjoy your shop and could you get me some tea bags please? xx

I just released its new years eve....

Be glad to see the back of this one for sure.....

I was thinking yesterday while basically mining (these stones are huge and make it all so difficult) just how did I manage before I fund the site.....

I don't know how I did it and there was some huge health issues in 2000.

I really just want to thank you all and sorry I get so effected by my girls leaving. Hugs to you all Cris xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Dear cris I am so sorry that you had to let hope go.
    I have just been reading through all your lovely replies.
    I can only imagine what you are feeling ,so send you tonnes of hugs.
    So you got the collars, I am glad and hope that they are of some help. I have been taking note of the non surgery things you have had and taking it with me when i see my neurosurgeon next thursday. I am so frightend not brave like you that they might want to do surgery.
    Keep your fingers crossed for me please that i was worrying for nothing.
    I also forgot its new years eve till just reading your reply. OH been back at work since tuesday so heads in a muddle about days and dates again.
    So I just want to say happy new year to you (and everyone else) and i do hope that 2011 is much better for you
    Take care
    love juliepf x
  • skezier
    Hi Julie,

Flower fear of the unknown is quite common I think. I am lucky to be quite excepting if that's the right word but for me its old hat so its easier.

If they go for the surgery option just know you will be ok and we will all be behind you.

I have had a huge amount (he pain clinic doc wrote in a letter to my gp and used the words 'a you are abundantly aware' cus she has tried so many things!)

I have had tepery nerve blocks, cortizone jabs, medrone jabs, electronic stuff and now botox. Its all helped to some degree... sometimes just because someone is doing something if that makes sense.

You will ok flower and we will be with you in your pocket and rooting for you. ((((( ))))) Cris xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Morning juliepf, skezier is (as usual) spot on: we all worry about the future, especially when new health issues may be presenting themselves. We all have much on our plates and the occasional bouts of seconds that are dumped on them (when we haven't finished our firsts) is extremely irksome. You know that we will be there in spirit. DD
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    psyart wrote:
    Cris - loads of hugs for you today and tomorrow :cry: - not sure what else to say to help you - today seems to be a bad day - had to take my 14yr old dog to the vets today - and didnt come home with him :cry::cry: my other dog is wondering around looking lost :cry:

take care my lovely.

Louise xxxx

Oh Louise

You poor poor girl x:( I am so sorry - i hope your other dog and you give each other comfort x:(

Love

Toni xx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    You always manage to amaze me, Cris.

Lots of hugs ((((((())))))) are all I can send atm.

I have visitors over this weekend - wasn't expecting them till now, it's all rather short notice for me. I will post when I can, but not really looking forward to it. Suspect I will be glad when it is over.

Hoping for a Happy New Year for all - and for the rest of the winter to be easy on us all.

Love
    Annie
  • frogmorton
    Hi cris

I have read this thread through and it is a lovely lovely one! Everyone on here is so so sweet and kind. The collar may well have done something, but acupuncture works for you and has always worked for you. Will you have it again?

Julie we will be with you when you see the neuro and all will be well - trust us x:D

You take care both

Love

toni xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Cris
    Again I am so sorry you had to let Hope go, If I was a sheep I would want to come and live with you....when I am down I read your post...and I think if you can keep going then so can I...you are a true inspiration to everyone...
    I am so glad the collar is working..or like you say it might be the acupuncture...I have heard such goods things about it...I may give it ago.
    Sending you loads of hugs ((((((())))
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Hi Cris,
    I am so pleased that you have had an early result from the neck collar. I know it will not be easy to get used to it but with the acupuncture and physio it may become a bit more comfortable. Fingers crossed for you.

Not long until the Botox now I think. I suppose you’re still not up to sharing. No? Oh well I could trying to drag my hair up in an even tighter ponytail. :lol::lol:

Can I ask a stupid question? Have I been dreaming or are some animals are happy with companion animals? Say race horse with a donkey. I was just wondering if sheep fell into this category.
    Sorry I’ve probably lost the plot there.

I’m just making a menu’s for next week. Am I still on for free Yorkshires by any chance? x:wink:

More hugs,
    Lv, Ix
  • dreamdaisy
    Hello. I am thinking of you. DD
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Still with you my love, sending you the best vibes I have.... I really do hope that 2011 is much easier for you.
    Loads of love
    Barbara xxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • bertyboy
    hi Cris just popping in with comforting hugs and love and more kleenex xx
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    You are a truly wonderful person a real inspiration. I am so sorry to hear about your health an about the loss of hope. I am glad the collar is holding neck in place and they are doing things to help you. Sending you huggggs and loads of support you give soooo much help to others and support heres some coming back to you. Hope u can get some rest to heal a bit. x Joanne
    Joanne
  • frogmorton
    Happy New Year Cris :))

This one HAS to be better :))

It really does

and black labs are rather lovely aren't they? :)) Daisy says not...cats are better.... x:wink:

LOve and hugs and purple cowpats too :))

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Morning skezier, I saw in the New Year with a blast of Massive Attack in one ear - the other is blocked solid and I cannot hear a ******* thing. This does not improve one's temper as I am sure you will understand. :grin: Anyhoo, I hope the collar helped last night and that you had some quality rest. DD
  • bertyboy
    morning Cris every good wish for a better time in 2011 in so so many ways , i have ordered a better spring and a lovely summer , an autumn that goes on till the following spring with many hugs in between for all xxx
  • mp1952
    mp1952 Member Posts: 425
    Hello Cris

I haven't been on the forum for several days, so only just found out about Hope.. so sorry to hear about her. she had a wonderful life being looked after by you .

Hello Louise

I'm sorry to hear about your dog. I know what you must be going through..

Marion xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Good afternoon chris
    hope you are ok today, and happy new year to you, as toni said it is surely got to be better for you than last year.

Thank you for your kind reply further up your thread. To dd and toni too.

Hey what a menace i was last night, had a massive port n lemon and stayed up till one. It was metx night too, how manacing am i :lol::lol:

Well chris you take care
    Always worrying about you
    love juliepf x
  • skezier
    Hi All,

Yep Happy New Year to you all and I do hope its a better one all round.

Didn't bother to say awake for midnight but kinda flat to say the least just now. I just sort of gong through the motions be honest.

Wish and Stamps don't really get on so good..... they have to learn to for now but I am on the look out for an older ewe and when they come home I shall see if I honestly think a lamb is a good idea..... Wish wont like it though as she has always been 'mummys' best girl......

I should love a Scottish back face or a hearwick and both are long wooled so easier to shear cus its that bit finer and lifts sooner as well, they are also smaller but.... have to really think about it as I can't get one and then let her down.

The bones are in hyper drive cus of the digging and you know what they can get on with it! I have made but one resolution and that's to never let the neck or lumber dictate and against them the rest are nothing so haven't a chance at all! :wink:

I did dummy spit in the night and took the collar off without really being a wake..... maybe a safety pin would help?! Woke up before the parlyzation though but it was well on its way so kinda proved a point?

Right I must stop coasting and go do some bits out side... and stop Slipper Boy from doing hi new trick of stalking a duck who has recently learned she can fly.... He likes chasing birds and if he stalks her she takes off and he gets his best game! He never changes :lol:

You all take care and hope your having a decentish day? (((( )))) Cris xx

Toni..... black might be good but this one is chocolate! :wink: Yellow are the best though....... Maybe I could dye her?

They gong to do 6 full on acupuncture's and then he is happy to do infinity top ups as long as they keep helping... Kinda have to avoid the botox week though and think its either next week or the week after I have to go for more. I got it written down but it followed n after Hope and I wasn't really there.

Daisy has loads of happy new years from this manky bunch xx

Hi I,

Sheep are used as companion animals occasionally but its normally goats as they are better at being the only one. Sheep tend to want at least one of their own kind and are far more timid and easy to scare than goats (My last goats were demons in disguise so I wont be getting a goat, even though they tend to live a bit longer.....They used to like being on roofs..... car roofs, shed roofs, house roofs they didn't care as log as it was high :lol: Put me off goats for life :lol: )

I kinda thinking one of the old breeds might be best really cus they tend to self shear.... you still have to pull it out for them though they will get rid of it them selves eventually but if my bones were better I would be out there looking for a lamb and that's a hard thing to give up on really.....

You can't bond in the same way with a flock sheep. She would already be very much a sheep and be scared and well that's another thing to take into account.... there is a saying sheep are looking for ways to die...... an older one would find being here very scary to begin with... there are so many ways this can go wrong eh?!

You have a good new year and Bully will be with you soon at this rate! xx

Right just seen a duck in mid fight go past the window and a white streak on the ground barking manically so.....

You all take care and thanks again for being so kind. Hugs to you all. xx

Oh and this

http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af237/skezier/HappyNewYear.jpg

To you all, members, mods, webfolk, helpline folk and Jean xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Don't apologise for 'going thro the motions' - you have had a tough few days, I daresay you are still reeling from the shock of it all: you need some time, my sweet, and some CDM - I hope you have some in stock. If not I will magic some bars to you!

I am sure the collar is awkward but - have I understood right - it was helping? I am sure you will adjust - hell girl, if anyone is good at adjusting 'tis you. I can see what you mean about goats - what is it with them and climbing? I suppose being nimble and sure-footed helps! As for another sheep, well, only you can make that decision, you are the one who knows the level of work involved. It's a shame you cannot get micro-sheep - now there's a thought! Thinking of you, my lovely. DD
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Hello Cris

Just caught up with what's been happening and I am so very, very sorry about Hope.

Thinking of you very much and sending lots of love and ((()))s.

Tilly xxx
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Hi Cris, you have a lot going on at the moment - so sorry to hear about Hope - pets are family and they give so much pleasure and unconditional love in their lives and they break our hearts when it is their time to leave us. I really hope the neck braces make a difference. You are truly amazing what you manage to do with your skeleton ... you never cease to amaze me.

Sending you (((()))) and stuff.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • psyart
    psyart Member Posts: 600
    Hi Cris and others.

thank you for kind thoughts about my dog ~ found it really hard yesterday and know it will take a while before I stop looking for him!!

Cris - DD is right - you have had a rough time lately and the last few days have been really tough - so you go thorough as many motions as you need to work your way through this.

i hope you will find the inner strength to fight this last lot of c@@p that has been thrown at you - am sending loads hugs and support your way!! Least its not too cold - yet.

Take care my lovely - lets just hope that life calms down for all of us :?: :?:

Louise xx
    e050.gifo050.gif