skezier's outpatients

Comments

• Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    HI Cris

I echo what others have said about telling it as it is to the physio - they may be able to adapt things to help you get the balance right .... I know the OT did for me when I was struggling with one of my splints.

Sorry to have gone quiet on you today but I'm starting to get some real payback for last night's misdeeds :roll: so will try a soak in the bath and an early night.

you wallow all you need to ..... and know we are all here for you whenever you need us.

loads of hugs and littlelegs says if you need the new dog teaching a few tricks she knows a dog who is a rather good teacher :wink::lol::lol::lol::lol:

heaps of hugs
    WOnky xxx
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Hi Cris

Thanks for the earlier update Wonky hope you doing ok and having a decent sleep tonight and didn't feel our earthquake on Monday. :shock:
    Cris sorry flower but I did laugh at you doing the backward walk out of the cat collar, mine did so look a picture trying that one!. Just so sorry we are even having to think on those lines for you. Hope the sheep shed in progress has given you a little of a positive lift, without too much of the dreaded payback. Though I fear for the latter. As Toni says a little at a time please and remember I have a lump hammer at the ready for you and the shed when needed :lol:
    I have been thinking of you and send hugs for when you feel able to peek in. (((( ))))
    love and bestest fudge from you know where with a large cuppa from somewhat closer to home. :grin: Hang in there flower.
    Chris xx
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Hi Cris, I can see why this forum is so important to you & the support has been great.
    I hope the sheepie shed can be done with some help as you know the pay back is too great.
    I dont know how you keep doing it with all you have going on in your life, & flying ducks :roll: :lol:

I really do think you need to tel physio that your not getting on with the night collar as they can make something up less uncomfy for you.They know what they can do so please ask.
    Take care
    luv debs
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    morning Cris hope you are behaving in between the hammering , i know how desperate you are to have your sheepies home , i wish it was spring might be able to help then , please don't give up on the collars if you are getting at least a little relief they might just need adjusting maybe more padding with sheepie wool or duckdown i can be full of ideas mostly crap ones i know x will leave some instructions for the hammer on how it has to work for you , plus hugs by the juggernought xxxx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Morning my lovely. I am thinking of you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Hi Cris
    Thiking of you
    Hope you are ok
    Juliepf x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi All

I did get a pm earlier from Cris - she was having dongle issues at the time and it took sveral goes for the message to get to me.

LOve

toni xx

ps think she is doing ok as Cris usually does :grin:
  • dreamdaisy
    Thanks, frog, for the update. DD
  • puffin
    puffin Member Posts: 67
    Hi Chris,

Have not been posting for a long while for many reasons, one being ability to type but have been following your posts, and those of others, recently.
    This is a very belated addition to this thread which has charted your loss of Hope, all your physical toil (unimaginable to me), involved in looking after your animals and the severe toll it has taken on you. Perhaps in these early days of this new year, the ones when there is lovely morning light, your positivity will increase and help ease your heartache. Thoughts on the new shed seem to reflect this.
    Maybe you can allocate a corner of the shed or add on a little side shed to store the buckets of hugs, including the one I have here, to help you when you are busy outside and remind you you are not alone.
    Indoors you may be able to check in here for contact and support but outdoors you need an alternative. So in a corner amongst the nuts (isn't that what you call the sheep food pellets or am I thinking of pigs?), there are your hug buckets, boxes of chocolate, cold weather tipple, Res**e Rem**y, and an assortment of spare scarves, gloves and hats, especially the first and last as keeping your neck warm is vital. Have you got one of these 'demented pixie' hats, the ones with the earflaps and swinging plaits and bobble on top? They are very fashionable here.
    Re: the collars. Wearing one at night is far from easy. If you find you have to take it off or it comes off at some time, make sure your pillows are supportive. Some pillows make neck problems worse---they are overstuffed. Not wanting a memory foam one I have removed some feathers from one pillow so it could be moulded round my neck instead of bouncing it around when ever I turned over.
    Also when you are sitting, support your arms. Sometimes a cushion on a chair/settee arm rest takes off just enough pressure on the arm and where the nerves to the arms emerge from the neck. Try just the worst side. If you relieve the pressure on both sides you can weaken the neck muscles. For the same reason try not to stretch up both arms at the same time when possible.
    With best wishes,
    Puffin.
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Hi Cris, I haven't been around much for a few days, Christmas and New Year caught up with me with a big bang.

Having a sleepless night, thought I'd add in my bit...........so pleased that you are thinking positively and although it may take awhile, if the new sheepy shed materializes I feel sure it will make a great deal of difference to you.

Just wish I was on hand with a hammer, nails, boards, walls and the rest to help out.

That's a good idea of Puffin's - to make a special place to keep all the necessaries outside.......hugs never get cold wherever they are.

I have this sinking feeling that you are up to your neck in mud again. I do hope I am wrong, but here at least it is milder now.
    Roll on summer!

Love
    Annie
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi All,

Got the tins working for a min... be about all mind if this morning is anything to go on.....

Sorry I am definitely a bit off the ball (yep define the word 'bit') I know its not good enough.

Had a chat with a gp today, talked through a few things, mentioned the 4-5 month old never ending cold, the write off to palliative care. Talked about the drip, or t least the agro with the sister, tablet iloprost and now back on anti-emetics for the mtx and antibiotics for the chest. She did say it could be a reaction to the mtx as it was the sulfa last time but since I couldn't handle a crohn's flare just now its kinda play down time.....

They wont give me anything else via the rumo dept and well been waiting months now to see the gastro and still nothing pending. That's for the ulcer and I do wish that bit could be sorted cus it hurts :lol:

The girls are getting on a bit better... they were opposite sides of the shed and are now in the same quarter so that helps.

There is a bit of headbutting as well which means they are feeling less sad just trying to work out who's in charge.... you know Stamps is silly if she doesn't know cus I do and her ladyship certainly isn't going to be any-one's underdog! I think she just likes living on the edge...... she really is quite a character but then so is Wishety.... and if Hope were still here she would be running her book and Wish would be the def favorite to win!

Hi DD,

Ah but I spent 36 years of my life with the best wallower ever! Not always a good thing to allow the wallows when your fear is your going to turn into your mother :wink: Mind I would have to go some..... :lol: xx

Hi Val,

Nice to see you back and have nicked a bucket of strength cus I do seem to be a bit on the coasting side just now. A (((( )))) and hope you have had a good start to 2011? xx

Hi Toni and Fay,

Got your hammers ready then? What you like at mixing cement cus I got the framework wood and that can then be roofed..... Either of you any good with heights? I used to be... then I got vertigo :lol:

We will get Slipper-boy to hold the brolly cus its been raining non stop for days now..... back to the ark eh! A ((( ))) to you both and many willing hands do help xx

Oh Wonky I s hope the dog bed incident isn't paying you back too much? Tis easy done isn't it?

Got my feet out the bed this morning and put them down to find I was trying to ware a collie.... in his ears... not that pleasant really especially as he snapped at me :lol:

Probably fair enough... I would snap a bit if someone put their feet in my ears......

My tun for tea I think? :wink: (((( )))) xx

Hi Debs,

I don't ow as I will say too much jut at the moment to the physio..... I didn't ware it last night cus I just wanted to sleep and its the neck and the lumber are both only comfortable in one lace and that's not the same place if I ware the collar......I don't see him till next week so will see if I can get it more comfortable before than and decide what I say then.

Leaving you a (((((( )))))) xx

Hi Chris,

Yep the collar removal thing is worthy of any dog or cat I have ever seen :wink: Its only when asleep of half asleep... awake I undoes it :lol::lol:

Maybe I could utilise a head sleeper...... but that would need one to be willing and it seems to me they wont do that bit..... which reminds me going to send you up 2 more problem ones to share with the boys :wink:

Hope you had a good time away and your sis is ok? (((( )))) xx

Hi Berty,

Twill be done by spring. Will take that long cus its not cheap, needs to withstand the weather here which can be totally revolting and I seem next to useless but then the grave digging and sheep carrying was bound t have set me back a bit really.

Will get it done though and better than the one they have there..... I did build that as well so know there are a few things that could be improved on...... not least the beam I smack my head on every night :lol::lol: (((( )))) xx

Hi Julie,

Just off to find your post. Someone told me about it and sorry its not been good day for you. ((((( ))))) xx

Hi Puffin,

Good to see you! :grin: I hope 2011 will be kind to you.

You are so right about pillow. I am having huge trouble keeping the collar on and sleeping in it just now. The one they want me in will be even harder so will try some of your ideas on the chance it will mean its safer not wearing it than it is just now.

I have this inability to turn over but asleep don't have the sense not to try..... I think you know that one cus we did chat about the rope thing back along.

The lumber isn't happy on the back and my head moves a lot when I am in pain and ends up over to the left, then I can't move so the pillow wrapped round it would help to stop that bend.

I haven't the pixie hat but I do have a ear flap one and a few scalves cus your right getting cold really isn't good is it? I keep an array of warm things in the car.... spent the night broken down in the old one and it taught me a lot about keeping warm clothing in cars :lol::lol: It was freezing so say the least. Maye the warmer weather will help?

I will try the cushion thing cus the sitting hurts the neck as well now a days. Its all a bit inflamed still.The paralyzation thing effects it for a while after wards though the acupuncture has helped loosen the muscle spasm... the botox will clobber it gain hopefully and it can't lock up near as well with that one :grin:

Got that on the 19th, acupuncture again on the 12th and between them it might help with the neck bend and nerve cut offs? Kinda wishing at any rate :lol:

You take care and again its nice to see you. ((( ))) xx

H Annie,

Some good ideas eh?! :grin: I am going to try the take the weight off thing cus sat here the left side doesn't like either.... its so treasy just now... but then... so am I :oops:

Might do it with bored actually, bit cheaper but so much quicker..... they need to be home its that simple and this place will never sell...... :roll: Still you only need one idiot.... I just wish I hadn't been :lol::lol:

Down home the trees look like that cus f the salt in the air... ere its the 100 mph winds but I didn't know that then :lol::lol:

You get some sleep! (((( )))) and a quick bash with the lump hammer :wink: xx
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    HI Cris

just saw you before i logged off - hope I catch you before the tin cans expire :wink:

the dog bed incident isn't havng too much payback thanks, though the back is trying to shout!

Love the story you told :lol::lol::lol: I usually wake up to find I've got a dog's paw somewhere I'd rather not, so it makes a change for the dog to come off second best :wink:

sleep as well as you can & I'll talk to you later toda as I really must get to bed - got caught up doing something and here I am again at nearly getting-up time :roll: :roll: :roll:

huge huge hugs (((((((((())))))))))))))
    WOnky xxx
  • skezier
    Hi Wonky,

Yep tis still working.....

Not nice putting your feet in a dogs ear for either party it would seem :lol::lol:

Mine now don't sleep on the bed... they none of them will share with cats..... sadly they do sleep on the bed and are not aids to restful sleep..... :roll:

You get a good night and leaving a cuppa for you as well as more slurs an ((((( ))))) Night flower xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Morning skezier, I hope all is as well as it can be. I found Puffin's post very interesting - I would never have thought about all that stuff with supporting your arms when sitting etc, not ever having had neck problems, well, one just doesn't know these things. I hope the weather is milder, I hope you are not in a bog, oh I just hope that things are picking up for you somehow, even just a little. It's been a long, rough ride, my lovely, and it will take time for everything to work out. Getting the girls home will be an ENORMOUS step towards that. I send you love, and some of these: ((((())))) DD
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Morning skezier
    Hows thins today, pretty much the same i expect.
    Just hope the treatments that you are having soon help you. (for a while anyway)
    glad you are getting thee with the shed and the sheep are all together, they sound really comical , head butting to see who is in charge.
    Sorry you are still having trouble with the collar,expect it will take time to get used to.
    weather turned your place muddy now eh? can imagine cause we went for a walk on sunday and mud accumulated round my tyres and it was a propper walking path at that.
    I am also waiting for spring and some drier weather, especially for you so that it makes your ob easier for yo.
    Well will read on before i get a coffee
    take care today
    love juliepf x (((((((()))))) nealy forgot :smile:
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Hi Cris

Just calling in to leave a cuppa or two though I am rationing it at the moment as we have more of the white stuff which has scuppered my plans to go out. Flippin weather GRRR!!
    Hope the girls are settling and working out the hierachy without too much head butting in your direction.
    Be glad to take on the extras for you and actually really wish I could I miss me puddy cats. Hey the sis is fine now, healing up at last! after her blip, and biopsy thingies all clear. Phew!
    Hang in there flower, wish they could help with the ulcer, have they suggested the masses doses of vit C? I know someone it did work for but they didn't have all your other hurty bits to contend with so it may not be an option for you.
    Hope the tin cans holding out and that the dawg has forgiven you for standing in her ears!
    I send a few hugs and pain relief for the neck, and lumber, hope it helps ((((( )))))
    love
    Chris
  • bertyboy
    HI Cris hope you are not playing the bog monster its pretty wet here so i imagine its no better for you , the sheepie shed is going to be a little palace as its built with pure love , leaving hugs for all including the foot eared dog xx
  • skezier
    Hi DD, Julie, Chris and Berty,

Yep swamping it big time.... it just wont stop raining and we had big thunder last night as well....

Examined the mud closely just now... lifted a bucket wrong, lost both legs and had to crawl back in (I must make a ramp)..... I look lovely..... but might help the completion eh?! Not 100% pure mud so smell a bit dodgy as well.....

The right leg is now able to support me the left... well what ever its function is weight bearing isn't on its remit for now so anyone about to help get the chicken to bed later?

Thank god the car is auto cus the sheep need doing as well....... I so wish they would take this disc out and be done with it once and for all....

Off to eat more worms though as a veggie should I be :lol::lol::lol: There metamorphic though I have n the past eaten the occasional worm... never could turn down a dare......

Leaving ((( )))'s for you all and with luck your all having a reasonable day? Cris xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Oh you make me laugh! So you are a mud monster, yes? I hope the close examination proved to be interesting, and as for the worm, well . . . . . I had a new packet of M&S biccies, you only get nine, they are not very big, and I had one with a cuppa about ten minutes ago, put my hand out for my second biccie . . . . . . :oops: None left. How? HOW? HOW? I don't understand. There must be a biccie monster in my house.DD
  • skezier
    Hi DD,

Well as mud goes that's quite a bland bit..... I was the only wildlife in it... the last close examination was really interesting :roll: The amount of wildlife was staggering....

I remember thinking that as I clamped my mouth really tight :lol::lol:

I got a cdm monster here.... does the same thing and it can get in the fridge :lol::lol:

Got to stop though.....

Need to be a good 10pounds lighter before they next weigh me.......

Left leg still wont weight bare and sort of hoping now palliative care might include a bullet :lol::lol::lol: xx
  • bertyboy
    oh Cris i hope you are ok and not done your leg a mischief , rolling around in mud is not a good idea , i will come and lend a hand with the chickens x r035.gif
  • skezier
    Hi Berty,

Come on then flower...... even the flying duck is back :grin:

Its just about working now... long as I don't straighten up, if I do its gone again..... so please excuse the even odder walk :wink:

We got the sheep to do as well if you got time?! Hey getting the new pc soon.... that will help eh?! (((( )))) and a bucket of corn to use..... Cris xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    I can nip over and do the girls Cris?

no trouble Daisy will come with me....?

g045.gifg045.gif

Berty any blue eggs are mine today :wink:c010.gif

Love

toni xx
  • skezier
    Oh Toni hey will e pleased :grin:

I got to de-mud a bit cus I have to get in the car and well its nice still./...... :lol::lol: The old one I would have just got in :lol::lol: ... as you know that was really a heap :lol:

You got the custard creams? I got the merrrylands so...... xxx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Hi Cris, Mud hugging and wearing dog ear slippers not to mention head butting sheep and flying ducks!! :lol::lol:
    I am so sorry your doctor could not give you more support. As I have said before it is an absolute disgrace that you cannot get access to better healthcare trust.
    I do hope your gastro appointment comes through soon.
    Your new sheep shed sounds as if it will be ideal especially if it means no more head banging on beams. :roll:
    Sorry that the neck collar is still proving difficult for you.
    My computer is also a bit iffy so I cannot trust it to let me post too often, so I hope the weekend is kinder to you.
    Still ready for visitors to come to lunch if required. :wink:
    Hugs,
    Lv, Ix