hello all

03darhum
03darhum Member Posts: 72
edited 13. Jan 2011, 08:51 in Say Hello Archive
hi
my name is darren and I am 19 and a collage student :smile:
i was started having a problem with my back which eventully went to my legs and fingers.

after having two years of pyhso not sure if i spelt it right :smile: i was sent to a rumatoligist called dr lovey who has been amazing and finally diognosed me 7 weeks ago which all in all i am happy about because after a while i though it was just me and i was going mad :smile:

i come on here because my teacher who also has ra told me about this site which i realy have to thank her for :smile:

realy i am on here to get advice but also have a good chat with people who understand

BE WARNED I DO GO ON A BIT :grin:

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Evening 03darhum, it's nice to meet you. I have PA and am an ancient crone of 51. I read your other post on another forum - all that running around, no wonder you're feeling the effects! I envy you your energy - got any spare for me? I hope you find the forums helpful as well as interesting. You name it, we got it (when it comes to arthritis, that is): we are all old hands at this malarkey, and we know our stuff. Any questions about meds/treatment/bloods/hints/tips then LWA is the place to go, the other forums are self-explanatory. I am so sorry you have been dealt this blow at such a young age: arthritis respects no-one, the **** that it is. You take care and hope to see you around. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • 03darhum
    so to speak it is a pian, and i wish i could give out energy but could do with it myself at tha moment and trust me 51 aint that old :smile: at the moment i am just kind of getting my head round it, one small thing medicen wise i am on somthing called sulpzaline i have only being having them for 7 weeks now but i have been having stomoch problems which are not very nice to say the least and also i get a lot of headachs is there anything i can do to stop this
    thanks dreamdaisy
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Welcome from me too , Darren , you'll find some really helpful people on here always happy to advise ,sympathise or just chat . We're all different kinds of arthritis and all different ages ; I am grand old age of 55 and have had RA for thirty years but I'm still getting used to dealing with it all ! Hope to see your name on the forums . Jillyb
  • 03darhum
    thank you jillyb and hello :smile: if you dont mind me asking but how long have you had ra for and also do you find that it gets worse as you get older or is it were you have flare ups (or as some people say bad day :smile: ) see i am still trying to learn what it is when i found out, my appoiment was very short because of the back log of piatiants because of the snow and i havent got an appioment till the 23rd of feb with the ra specilist nurse
  • jilly
    jilly Member Posts: 503
    Hi Darren and welcome ,this is a good place to get answers and when you get fed up we are all here to listen to you and help if we can . We dont all have RA , i have OA but we all are happy to help . Anyway there will be lots coming along to welcome you . bye for now ..........jilly
  • SaitenMar
    SaitenMar Member Posts: 24
    Hello there Darren,

I've only recently come across these forums myself and it is great to talk to people who suffer the same aches and pains. Don't be afraid to ramble on if it helps. :grin:

Joseph.
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    HI from me too Darren, hope you are ok tonight...
    You might get more answers to questions by posting them on the living with forum, not too many check here I don't think.
    I haven't been on here long but was made to feel part of the fixtures and fittings very quickly...
    You might want to check the young persons forum, a place where I dare not venture due to my old age, lol... I'm 42! :shock: :lol:

Catch you around young un :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • 03darhum
    thanks for the messages people nice to know theirs all this support and i cam actully talk to people who actully know how i am feeling

tjt6768 you in the prime of u age :lol:
    thanks joseph and thanks for the welcome :grin:
  • tjt6768
    03darhum wrote:
    thanks for the messages people nice to know theirs all this support and i cam actully talk to people who actully know how i am feeling

tjt6768 you in the prime of u age :lol:
    thanks joseph and thanks for the welcome :grin:

Haha, try telling my bones that :shock: :lol: I can still dance though, look
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • 03darhum
    i like lol saw the cruise thing early but didnt now what to put were u heading next :grin:
  • tjt6768
    03darhum wrote:
    i like lol saw the cruise thing early but didnt now what to put were u heading next :grin:
    Might be our last day tomorrow, we're off to Oz in the morning, to pick up Pamie and her new husband Tyrone (they got wed the other night onboard, I condudted the ceremony being Captain, haha...
    Just join in on any of the topics, you'll be made welcome I am sure :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Hello and welcome from me too!

I'm glad you finally have a diagnosis but sorry it took so long.

Re the Sulphasalazine - I had bad headaches and nausea when I first started to take it but once I had got up to the full dose and had got used to it I took it for many years without a problem. So you may find that you feel better once your body has a chance to get used to it.

In terms of information about RA, feel free to ask - (LWA forum is the best place). Also there is some good information on the publications section of this website and you could also consider contacting the helpline for a chat - number at the top of the page.

Hope you find this site as helpful as I have done.

Love Tilly xxx
  • 03darhum
    thanks tilly i will see how it goes with the meds thanks for the advice hope to her from you soon :grin:
    darren