Newbie says hello

suzygirl
suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
edited 22. Jan 2011, 06:45 in Say Hello Archive
Hello

I have inflammatory arthritis and degenerative disk disease and cervical spondylosis. The pain is driving me out of my mind at the moment.

Had a rheumy appt yesterday and they have suggested I either try Methotrexate or Sulfalasine. Anybody had experiences of these meds?

I currently take hydroxycholoroquine and prednisolone.

I would like to hear others experiences of these meds and dealing with these illnesses. I am trying to get out of denial at the moment, and its a long climb!! :grin:

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello suzygirl, it's nice to meet you. Sulph and meth are very common around the forums, many of us are on them with varying degrees of success. I have been on sulph since 2002, the only side effect I can report is tinnitus (which isn't pleasant but I can cope with it) and it keeps the psoriasis part of my psoariatic arthritis at bay - for the most part anyay, so that is a good thing. I am also on injected meth (I cannot remember when I started that) and again have very little trouble with side effects: in my case it is supporting another drug and the combination of is far from what I would call 'successful' but the medicos are happy, which is nice for them. I have never had hydroxy (again many on here are taking it) and I am devoting this year to getting off the pred. If the pain is bad you may need better/stronger pain relief - what are you currently taking for it? I hope you find the forum useful - LWA (living with arthritis) is the place for meds/treatment/diagnosis/questions etc, more people hang around on there. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • suzygirl
    Thanks Dream Daisy that is extremely useful info. I take MST for my neck and am on tramadol and methocarbamol as necessary. I also take amitryptiline at night to help me sleep. I also take gabapentin for the nerve pain. Don't think I have forgotten anything. :lol:
  • dreamdaisy
    OK, that's the pain covered then. MST? I cannot break the code on that one and I have never heard of methocarbomel - enlighten moi, s'il vous plait! DD
  • suzygirl
    Methocarbamol is also known as Robaxin, it is used to relax the muscles and stop the spasms.

MST is a slow release morphine tablet.

Hope that helps, mon ami
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Hi Suzy, welcome from me too, hope that you are ok tonight and not suffering too much.. This is a great place for info etc and also a good laugh in the chit chat section..

Be well
    :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • need me bed
    need me bed Member Posts: 103
    Hi Suzy, I also take the Meth and the Sulf for my Arthur, also the MST when need, also tram and arcoxia, amitrip, plaquenil... im starting to rattle when i walk.... Welcome to the site, I'm fairly new myself. Everyone is v.friendly and helpful im sure you'll fit in well

Gentle hugs
    f055.gif

There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.
  • dreamdaisy
    Merci bien, suzy, all is now clear: I call MST as long-life trammies! Hello need me bed, nice to see you about! I hope all is as well as it can be - and that goes for both of you. DD