New here

Pherstun
Pherstun Member Posts: 96
edited 29. Jan 2011, 17:00 in Say Hello Archive
Hi all

My name is Debbie and I'm 38.

I've recently been told I have arthritis, although I'm sure I've had it for many years but didn't realise. I'm waiting for the blood test results to tell me what variation it is (I believe it's rheumatoid) and to get some long term treatment.

My other medical conditions are asthma, eczema, rhinitis, migraine, psoriasis, hypermobile joints, irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn's disease, flat feet, tailor's bunions on both feet (next to little toes) and finally depression (not caused by this lot believe it or not!).

I was told by a podiatrist that I have arthritis in both big toes up to the ankle. I've been having a lot of trouble with my feet, knees and hips during this winter, to the extent that I have to wear an ankle support all day on my right and occasionally on my left, plus knee supports if I walk anywhere outside or a distance, along with using a pair of sticks.

Despite (or in spite) of all this lot I am working full time and love my job. I am lucky to work for a responsible employer who looks after their staff and is very sympathetic towards me. Fortunately I need very little time off sick.

I look forward to chatting to you all!

Debbie

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 28. Jan 2011, 03:40
    Ooooo-er, are you my cyber sister - or at least my cyber half-sister? I have PA (psoriatic arthritis, it's like RA but with the added benefit of psoriasis, which in my case is mercifully mild) but I have a history of eczema (since birth), asthma (since 7) year-round rhinitis (gave up dating stuff, who bloody cares) and flat feet (which appear to be a feature of arthritis). I am now off to bed as the tiredness is overwhelming, but I will be back tomorrow morning.

Drugs wise I am on humira, methotrexate, sulphasalzine, oral steroids, BP meds, and my pain dullers include cocodamols and tramadol. How's about you? It's nice to meet you, the forum is a good place for support and information and I hope you soon find your way around. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi from me too Debbie... Blimey, that's a right list eh? Lol....
    I really hope that you are not suffering from amy of them too much tonight...
    As my dear friend DD said, this is a great place for us arthurites to gather, moan, bitch, laugh, cry, comfort, enlighten, learn and generally get along like some dysfunctional multi crippled family...
    :grin:

Hope you settle in nicely...

e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    Hi and welcome, I am new to the site this week too but have quickly found that eceryone is understanding, supportive and VERY funny - they do say laughter is the best medicine. Hope that you enyoy the site as much as I do and that I see you posting around

Take Care
    Cath
  • Pherstun
    Pherstun Member Posts: 96
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Ooooo-er, are you my cyber sister - or at least my cyber half-sister? I have PA (psoriatic arthritis, it's like RA but with the added benefit of psoriasis, which in my case is mercifully mild) but I have a history of eczema (since birth), asthma (since 7) year-round rhinitis (gave up dating stuff, who bloody cares) and flat feet (which appear to be a feature of arthritis). I am now off to bed as the tiredness is overwhelming, but I will be back tomorrow morning.

Drugs wise I am on humira, methotrexate, sulphasalzine, oral steroids, BP meds, and my pain dullers include cocodamols and tramadol. How's about you? It's nice to meet you, the forum is a good place for support and information and I hope you soon find your way around. DD

Hiya, I hate to think of anyone with so many medical conditions but it's nice to know I'm not a total oddball! :shock:

Similar to yourself I've had eczema since birth, then flat feet, migraine, hypermobile joints and year round rhinitis since an infant, asthma since 16... Yeah you get tired of knowing when you started with these things, realising you've never been 'healthy and normal'.

Likewise I'm on so many meds that I rattle. I have co-codamol and tramadol, usually take the co-cod, although I usually try to work through it. It's a sad thing in a way that we get used to the pain... I've had that since infancy because of the migraine!

I look forward to getting to know everyone. :grin:
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Just wanted to say hi from me too.. :smile:
    Hope you enjoy the forum .. it is a great place to meet others and share experiences as Toni said...
    Can't write much today am using 1 hand lol..
    So take care look 4ward to seeing u around

Tracy
    xxxx
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    hi and welcome from me too, look forward to seeing ou around the boards

coco xx