having a bit of a wobble...

nearlybionic
nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
edited 7. Feb 2011, 05:28 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
I have been impatiently waiting for the results of my bone scan, and the week is upon me. And I now want it to go away!! In fact I feel quite sick and emotional thinking about it. I am really scared they will tell me my THR needs revising, and I`m not sure I can go through all that again.
(especially after my other major op`s last in the past couple of years)
Sorry to moan as I know there are a lot of people worse of than me. Just needed to to tell someone , and I am playing it down at home as my Mum was in hospital last weeks and we are still waiting for results of her histology. I have told my hubby I will be ok to go on my own as he doesn`t get paid for time off and he has taken a lot of time off for me .
Thanks for reading.
NB

Comments

• caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi NB
    Sorry you are having a bit of a wobble, but its bound to happen with the unknown, sorry your hubby cant be with you for the appointment, but I'll jump into your pocket to be with you.
    Dont feel bad for having a moan - thats what we all do here and support each other through the bad - and the good. I am sure that there will be others who will be there for you at this time too
    Chin up and let it all out anytime you want
    x Cath
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Hi NB a020.gif

After what you a been through a scary wobble with results due is perfectly understandable and I wish we actually could help. Have you been honest with hubby? I am sure it would help if he or someone else could go with you rather then trying to be so brave on your own. I know this is a scary time for you, but you do need to know the news so it is a real dilemma all round eh? :roll: I really hope it isn't anywhere near as bad as you fear and will be ready for pocket duties. Do let us know how you are feeling about all this tomorrow if you can and hope your mum is soon all clear too. Hang in there.
    Leaving some gentle hugs. ((( )))
    Chris
  • daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 619
    So sorry you're having all this worry.
    I know where you are coming from as my hip re-surface didn't work and now 4 years later I've been told need a new hip.

Don't fancy going through all that again either.

Hopefully, fingers crossed, the news will not be that bad.
    Will be thinking of you.
    Let us know how you get on please.
    Take care.
    xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Nearly,

Flower its not surprising your feeling scared.... I so hope they will get on with telling you and that its not as bad news as your expecting. Sending you a huge ((((( ))))))and so many hopes that it will all come good for you... Love Cris who is just looking to see which vein she is about to borrow. xx
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    HI NB

there really is no wonder that you feel like you describe - I think most people who are honest would say that they have felt that way about results!

Count me in for pocket duty whenever it is (did I misread? did you say?) tho I know you'll understand if I hop out and back to cris every now and again :wink:

hugs and hoping that you get news you want to hear

wonky xxxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    It sounds as tho your plate is somewhat full at the moment, so no wonder you are wobbling. It's a big thing you could be facing, so uncertainty is bound to be a factor. I think knowing is always better than not, 'cos at least one can face up to things which, though it may be tough at the time, is ulitmately better than the head-in-the-sand approach. Don't be too hard on yourself, you have a lot going on. You don't have to open the letter the moment it arrives, perhaps wait until Mr NB is about for some moral support. I wish you well and I hope your mama is as OK as she can be. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Hi NB,

I am waiting for my bone scan results still.. the wait is agonising i know..
    Along with your moms health it is no wonder your having a wobble.. we all have them days.. we are not perfect everyday :wink:
    Lets hope our results come soon so we can stop looking for the post as if were waiting for a big fat juicy cheque lol...
    Hope your feeling a bit better soon.
    Take care
    Tracy
    xxxxx
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • nearlybionic
    Hi,
    Thank you all for your replies. I am not getting my results by post, but am seeing the consultant on Thursday for results and discuss what they mean. I had to ring my GP today for a repeat prescription and asked them if they had got the results, but nothing. I`m glad to be honest cos I`m not sure what I would have done if she had said yes! I have a very dark cloud following me round and feel like I will burst into tears at the slightest thing.
    I have talked to my hubby, and he wants to come with me, as does my mum , but I think I should go on my own as I am at work in the morning before the appointment and it would be difficult to coordinate meeting up.
    My Mum has been for her stitches out today, but not had her results back yet. I hope she gets some good news soon. :roll:
    Thanks again everyone xx
    NB
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Hi NB...

Will be thinking of you thurs.. are you sure you want to go alone???
    I like going on my own though to appointments... so can understand..
    I hope your mom gets some gd news too.. you def need some..
    If you need to cry, let it out and if you want to pm me and let it all out feel free,..
    Hope you feel better soon
    Take care luvie

Tracy
    xxxxxx
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Morning NB
    Just been readin your post and sorry you are having a bit of a wobble. not surprising really as waiting for results is worrying.
    As for going alone for the results I think I would try to meet up with your OH or your Mum. Two pair of ears are better than one, (tis for me anyway)
    Will be in your pocket on thurs
    take care
    juliepf x
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Hi NB, you have a lot to deal with at the moment.

ALthough you are dreading the results - the waiting is the worst part. Once you know the results you can focus on dealing with them.

I do so hope it is positive news - but either way, we are all here for you.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • nearlybionic
    Hi
    Thanks for the offer Tracey, i might just take you up on it and pm you xx

Hi Julie, Thanks for the offer of pocket duty, it will be really appreciated. I am still planning to go on my own. More reason now as my hubby has come home today with news that his job isn`t definately safe after April, so he shouldn`t really take more time off. (It never rains but pours in our house :roll: !)

Hi Speedy
    I know you are right, I will be able to get my head round things more when i know what I`m dealing with. I hope you are doing ok, especially at work. I am waiting for my report from AtW with the `shopping` list.

I had an appointment with Occy health today, at their request, although i had told them I had no results til Thursday, they told me I should still go. So, I went to the appoiintment only to be told it had been cancelled and they had tried to ring me, on the wrong number!! Then said , maybe its for the best to wait til after my results are back! Grrrr :x
    I will be glad when this week is over.
    NB
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Hi NB,
    I am so sorry that you are having such a terrible week. All you needed was another worry with your OH work uncertainly.
    I hope your mum gets her results soon.

I will be thinking of you on Thursday, difficult I know but hang on in there.
    Gentle hugs,
    Lv, Ix
  • chris7
    Hi NB

Just bumping this one up as I think tomorrow is your appointment day?

Really hope you reconsidered and have someone to go with you for courage but just wanted to call in and say I am thinking of you and hoping is goes better than you have imagined.
    I will be in your pocket, only sorry I didn't get to this earlier as I know others will also be thinking of you too and sending positive vibes. Gentle hugs and courage. ((( ))) Call in when you feel able to let us know. We will support you if you need us.
    love
    Chris
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    OH NB the occy health thing is just ridiculous isnt' it :roll: :roll:

couldnt' organise a party in a brewery methinks :roll: :roll: :roll:

just wanted to wish you well for tomorrow, and hope that you get results that you can understand and helpful advice on the way forward.

I'm in your pocket and in Cris's , so I'll hop between if you don't mind :wink:

hugs
    Wonky
  • skezier
    Hi Nearly,

hey you got a load of us in your pockets and so you wont be alone but maybe you could reconsider and take your Mum with? Its sometimes easier even if you leave her in the waiting room you got someone while you wait?

I don't really know that for sure cus I do go mine alone bar the pocket dwellers but wishing you so much luck and hopes it will all be better than you dread.

What time are we off flower? ((((( ))))) and a bucket of anti-worry Cris xx
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    morning NB just leting you know that i am just looking for a pocket , wishing you get the answers ,not knowing is always a worry ,hugs are at the ready if needed xx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • julie47
    Morning NB
    I am ready for your pocket and will take a pen and paper to write stuff down cause mi memory is like a sieve.
    So sorry oh can't go cause of his job situation, can imagine your worry.
    Hugs to you (((((((()))))))))))
    Hope all goes well at the appointment
    juliepf x
  • nearlybionic
    Hi
    I`ll try this again as I wrote a long reply and it vanished !! Grr!
    I got my results and it is goods news as I don`t need a revision of my THR as it doesn`t look loose on the scan! I was a very happy girl yesterday!! :grin:
    I am to continue with my physio to keep building up my muscles around my hips/pelvis, as they are very weak due to the hip dysplasia and damage from the dislocation.He said I would need to be more careful with my THR than someone without dysplasia, and be more wary with certain movements. I still may need something doing with my other hip in the future, and am to see him again in 3 months.
    So I am ok to plan things as I am not looking at imminent surgery! So I am planning a short break for us all, and maybe a holiday in the summer. 8)
    Thankyou for the pocket duty, I was very glad of the support xxx
    NB
  • julie47
    Nb what brilliant news how pleased you must be. (don't go jumping up and down though, that wouldn't be good) :grin:
    Great that you can make plans for a short break, are you goiing pretty soon?
    And lovely that you can book your big holiday with no worries
    Have a good day
    juliepf x
  • chris7
    Hi NB

Thanks for the update and I am so relieved for you, as I know what a worry it has been. Sure you still have to be careful but this does sound like a goodish outcome at the moment and I hope you do manage to have a break away to give yourself a treat.
    Take care
    Chris
  • skezier
    Hi Nearly,

I missed this til now and I am sorry about that. one day i will see it the day you post it!

So glad for you that's such good news and must be a whole chunk of worry off your mind? Ireally hope you will get the muscles stronger and it will help to hold it all together. fingers crossed you get the short break cus you deserve it after all this. the summer one well just make sure you bring back the sun wherever you are going.

Nearly its about time something went right for you. ((((( ))))) and a very beat up vein returned :wink: Cris xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I missed this too - I apologise, NB, had a rough back end of last week and was not quite on my game. That is good news, yes? I hope your mind is well and truly at rest now and you can plan some fun! That is fun in itself! I hope your mum has made a good recovery. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    Sorry for being late but Its great news isn't it. Hope you have a lovely break somewhere nice but don't overdo things, hope you keep well.

Cath
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Hi NB,

that is fab news that you don't need revision, what a relief. Also positive is that he didn't say hip precautions for life! "Being more wary" is decidedly preferable. It is something you need to bear in mind - but muscles do slowly strengthen and recover - so it is at least something you can work on and improve.

A break and a holiday sounds just what you all need.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.