The Horizon programme

caterina57
caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
edited 1. Feb 2011, 17:10 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well, Just finished watching the Horizon programme that DD told us all about and it seems that its my Brain that needs treating! Funny that cos people have told me before that my head wants seeing to!!!!!

Cath

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I am going to watch it on iplayer later on... Wonder if I will need my head treating too :shock: :shock: :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Lauren.-321
    Lauren.-321 Member Posts: 41
    It was really interesting! I learned quite alot from it!

Lauren xx
    Lauren 8)
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    recorded it to watch when my brain is working :wink::lol::lol::lol:

glad to see it might be worth the effort of watching :smile:
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Thank you DD for telling us about this programme. Wow, it was so interesting. I have just watched it on iplayer. Well worth watching. Prem babies and pain struck a cord with me as my daughter was prem.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    elnafinn wrote:
    Thank you DD for telling us about this programme. Wow, it was so interesting. I have just watched it on iplayer. Well worth watching. Prem babies and pain struck a cord with me as my daughter was prem.

Elna x

now I really must watch it ...... I was born 8 weeks premature ..... and I once read something that linked auto-immune conditions such as RA to blood transfusions often given to Prem babies, though I've never found the article again despite trying!!

Wonky xxx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Wonkylegs wrote:
    elnafinn wrote:

Elna x

now I really must watch it ...... I was born 8 weeks premature ..... and I once read something that linked auto-immune conditions such as RA to blood transfusions often given to Prem babies, though I've never found the article again despite trying!!

Wonky xxx

Hi Wonky

So you were prem too. You are extra special as well then. :smile:
    It was also interesting to hear about the French family and another woman who felt no pain at all. This of course has its own problems.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I reckon we all knew a fair bit about distraction techniques etc but they HAVE to prove it it, don't they? The anecdotal evidence of millions upon millions of mothers counts for naught, they have to show the lighty-up bits of the brain so that it proves it is true. Boiler man proved that when there is something really big to be dealt with the brain will come to the rescue, and as for Snoworld, blimey, dull, dull, dull. Given the miracles of computery games nowadys bombardng penguins with snowballs only proved how small a distraction is required to lessen pain.

Mr DD, having announced that it sounded interesting and that he would like to watch it with me - :shock: - then proceeded talk at a fair number of crucial points (note to self, do that during the next televised footy match, or even better, Friday night's rugby) and also reduced me to a helpless lump of laughter by demanding that the woman on the bike actually rode it into a tree to prove she felt no pain. 'We need proof!' was the cry. I don't think it taught me anything new, and it didn't hold out much hope. Time to carry on with the gritted teeth and the pain dullers, methinks. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    I was slightly disappointed too. I think I was expecting something different.

One thing I was curious about is what if the distraction tasks cause you pain? Playing snowball or any other computer game is likely to aggravate the arthritis in my hands, so it doesn't work for me and for many others too, I'm sure. So what would work? It's complex and I had a lot of questions but no one to ask them to!!
  • stlucia
    stlucia Member Posts: 392
    Well, I'd about to knock back the painkillers whilst watching the show on iplayer!