JUST BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH FIBROMALGIA TODAY

hidehi
hidehi Member Posts: 18
edited 4. Feb 2011, 03:49 in Living with Arthritis archive
:sad:

HI EVERYONE,
IVE JUST BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH FIBRO TODAY, MMM SUMMAT ELSE TO ADD TO MY LIST OF CONDITIONS. I AM STARTING A NEW JOB ASWELL IN 2 WEEKS, THEY DONT KNOW IVE GOT THIS AS IVE JUST FOUND OUT TODAY. IVE ALSO GOT GENERALISED OSTEOARTHRITIS AND SJRODRENS SYNDROME. ANY ADVISE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

SUE XX

Comments

• traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Sue..

Sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis, just as you are about to start a new job too, bet that has put a downer on things??..
    On the positive side though, you now know what you have and can be treated accordingly and you also have your new job to look forward too.. I think you should tell your employer about your new diagnosis so that they can keep it on record and you are covered if you are off sick due to it...
    I wish you well..
    Keep us posted..
    Take care
    Tracy
    xxxxx
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello hidehi, that was not a good way to start your week, was it? I am afraid I cannot help much as I don't have either, but I am sure that those who do will turn up in due course and offer what help they can.

I note that you are starting a new job soon - do they know about the OA and Sjogren's? If they do, then yes, tell them about the fibro but only once you have some more information about it and have a better feeling or understanding of it yourself. If they don't know about the OA etc then that is a dilemma, but I think with health honesty is the best policy.

Oh, one other thing - would you please take off the caps lock? Apparently there is a convention with forums where things written in capitals = shouting and I know you aren't shouting at us - you don't know us well enough yet! :smile: I hope you are able to glean some help and information from some more knowledgeable people on here, and soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hidehi
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Hello hidehi, that was not a good way to start your week, was it? I am afraid I cannot help much as I don't have either, but I am sure that those who do will turn up in due course and offer what help they can.

I note that you are starting a new job soon - do they know about the OA and Sjogren's? If they do, then yes, tell them about the fibro but only once you have some more information about it and have a better feeling or understanding of it yourself. If they don't know about the OA etc then that is a dilemma, but I think with health honesty is the best policy.

Oh, one other thing - would you please take off the caps lock? Apparently there is a convention with forums where things written in capitals = shouting and I know you aren't shouting at us - you don't know us well enough yet! :smile: I hope you are able to glean some help and information from some more knowledgeable people on here, and soon. DD
    traluvie wrote:
    Hi Sue..

Sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis, just as you are about to start a new job too, bet that has put a downer on things??..
    On the positive side though, you now know what you have and can be treated accordingly and you also have your new job to look forward too.. I think you should tell your employer about your new diagnosis so that they can keep it on record and you are covered if you are off sick due to it...
    I wish you well..
    Keep us posted..
    Take care
    Tracy
    xxxxx

Thanks Tracy,
    sue xx
  • hidehi
    dreamdaisy wrote:

Hi
    oops! sorry for the caps lock, I arnt shouting at ya I promise!
    thanks for the advise
    sue xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Sue

welcome to the forums from me. Glad to meet you but sorry about the diagnosis(ses!).

I am pleased you have found us lots of the guys on here have fibro a lot as part of multiple diagnoses like yourself.

I see another newbie on here even today :smile:

Can I wish you all the best for the job?

LOve

toni xx
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Hi im sorry to hear you have had this diagnosis. At least you know what you are dealing with. Is there a test for this condition?
    I hope you can find support and info for this condition will help you deal with it. sorry i cannot help you i hope someone with fibro will come on to advice you my best to you anyway from Joanne
    Joanne
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Hi sue
    welcome to the forum
    Sorry you have been diagnosed with yet another condition
    not what you wanted eh?
    Good luck with your new job hope everything works out well.
    take care
    juliepf x
  • hidehi
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi Sue

welcome to the forums from me. Glad to meet you but sorry about the diagnosis(ses!).

I am pleased you have found us lots of the guys on here have fibro a lot as part of multiple diagnoses like yourself.

I see another newbie on here even today :smile:

Can I wish you all the best for the job?

LOve

toni xx

Hi Toni,
    Thank you very much for your email, and the rest of the guys emails too, thanks to all of you. Im just getting my head round the site and its still all new to me just at the mo. Im Hidehi on here, real name is Sue Pollard!!! hense the nickname lol. Not the famous Sue Pollard though.
    Thanks also for your wishes on my new job, im getting nervous now, a week Monday it is, no they dont know about my illnesses, this was due to the fact when I had the interview I did already have OA but can manage with most things and they wouldnt know, but since ive been offered the post ive been diagnosed with Fibro, im going to give it my best shot as im so desperate to work, been at home far too long and my brain is going to mush! I am a carer for my daughter age 21 and also my husband has OA and Fibro, so we are a right lot, he will do the caring for my daughter whilst I go to work. Sjrodrens Syndrome does my head in, as my dry mouth is so bad some days, if anyone knows how to cure the dry mouth then advise greatfully appreciated,
    thanks everyone
    love sue
    xx
  • hidehi
    julie47 wrote:
    Hi sue
    welcome to the forum
    Sorry you have been diagnosed with yet another condition
    not what you wanted eh?
    Good luck with your new job hope everything works out well.
    take care
    juliepf x

Hi Julie
    thanks ever so much for replying to my post, really appreciate it and thank you also for the good luck wishes on my new job, means a lot seriously, thank you
    sue xx
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Hi Sue I don't know about Fibro but I have just been diagnoised with chronic pain syndrome and wi be perscribed anti-elilepsy drugs for it I guess in the next week or so maybe they can give you them for it?