New to this site. Hi!

Dibbler
Dibbler Member Posts: 9
edited 4. Feb 2011, 16:25 in Say Hello Archive
Hi,

I was reading the press releases about arthritis an noticed there was an online forum. I am 27 (for another 2 weeks :P ) and have had RA since I was 24.
I got married 2 years ago to my very supportive husband.
I am looking forward to talking to others with Arthritis and finally talking to others who understand what it is like.

I won't waffle on any longer. Look forward to chatting to you all.

Dibbler x

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Ey up chuck, welcome to the forum.. It's a brilliant place for advice, info etc.. Questions on arthur itis are best posted on the living with section, the chit chat section is the fun bit, there is a virtual cafe where everything is calorie free, lol..
    We are a friendly and knowledgeable bunch....

Nice to meet you..

Be well :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Welcome , Dibbler , you'll find people on here with all kinds of arthur and with all sorts of experiences and knowledge . We all ask for advice and support and offer it to others when needed . I am also a RA person and have dealt with it for 30 years ( am now 55 ) , hope to see your comments on chit chat and LWA sections. Jillyb
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello dibbler, it's nice to meet you. I am sorry to hear that you have been affected so young, my version of this rubbish did not start until I was in my late 30s, which is a tad more reasonable! It's good to hear that you have a supportive other half (OH) that can make such a difference to mattters. I hope you are having a resaonably good day today - I noted your sleeping bag tip on LWA, I am sure that someone else will find that helpful. I look forward to seeing your name here and there. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Dibbler
    Hi Thanks for your welcoming messages. Looking forward to chatting to you. Hope you are having a good day today also!

x
  • seamonkey
    seamonkey Member Posts: 323
    Hi Dibbler,
    Glad you found the site. Im 32 which seems old to your 27! Ive just been told I have arthritis and am going through tests etc. People on here have been great. I feel they have supported me when ive needed the support of others and its even better knowing that every one understands :smile:
    Hope your having a good day
    Seamonkey
  • Dibbler
    Hi Seamonkey,

I am sorry to hear you have developed Arthritis, it is crazy how many lives it has affected. I've been reading loads of posts and picking up some good tips!

Look forward to chatting to you again

Dibbler
  • jilly
    jilly Member Posts: 503
    Hi Dibbler, glad you found the forum it is a great place to get help or cheer yourself up when you are down which seems to be part of arthritis . Hope to see you on the rest of the site so bye and welcome............jilly
  • jacqmun
    jacqmun Member Posts: 65
    Hi Dibbler :smile:
    I am relatively new here too and the support/advice has been priceless
    Best wishes
    Jacqui x
    When it rains, look for rainbows. When it's dark, look for stars
  • seamonkey
    seamonkey Member Posts: 323
    Hi dibbler,
    How have you been? I really had no idea how many people are affected by arthritis and so varied in how it affects every one untill i went on this site.
    Hope you have had a good weekend,
    All the best
    seamonkey
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Hi Dibbler,

Welcome to the forum..
    My name is Tracy 31, with 2 children and 3 dogs..
    I am currently waiting for a diagnosis and awaiting my results from bone scan.. but can empathise with peoples symptoms and experiences..
    Look forward to speaking to you again soon..
    Take care
    Tracy
    xxxx
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    Hi Dibbler
    welcome, I am new here too but just love the companionship of other people who sadly suffer this horrid stuff. I am sure that you will find the support and advice invaluable

Cath
  • Dibbler
    It's lovely to meet you all too! I am going to have to get my brain into gear and remember names, i am useless! Hope everyone is having a good day today pain-wise and otherwise too!
    xxx
  • need me bed
    need me bed Member Posts: 103
    Hi Dibb, nice to meet you, (BTW im rubbish with names too) glad you found the site, i only found it myself a couple of weeks back and it's great. As suffers ourselves (diagnosed RA 2006) its the best plce to have a rant or ask questions, no-one has told me to jog on yet to be fair, and i ask some ridiculous questions lol :grin: but hey someones gotta do it!!

I hope you enjoy the forum as much as i do

Take care

gentle hugs

NMB xxx
    f055.gif

There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.
  • Dibbler
    Lol, im sure i will be asking my fair share of weird questions too! great forum though so glad to have found it! xx
  • CarlyF
    CarlyF Member Posts: 76
    Bonjour Dibbler (i've decided to start saying hello in as many langauges as possible!

Isn't this place great? I just found it also a few days back... lovely to meet you and I'm sure we'll see each other around :)
  • need me bed
    need me bed Member Posts: 103
    Hallo (that's Dutch) Carly, Nice to meet you too...Glad you have found the site too so it's so resourceful!

Gentle hugs

NMB
    xx
    f055.gif

There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.