Just found this site!

Bleatarn
Bleatarn Member Posts: 11
edited 12. Feb 2011, 15:56 in Say Hello Archive
Hi all

My name is Graham, Im 45 married with 4 children. Have OA in both hips, which I am convinced is causing chronic back pain. Apart from the last year, I've always been active but lately find it hard to even walk for 15 mins without pain! Looking forward to chatting with people who may suffer the same, sick of being on painkillers and visits to the physio. Want to have a more positive outlook and hope that there are others who have overcome their own problems.

Comments

• traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Graham,

Welcome to the site..
    There will be many people on here who will be able to relate to you and offer support.. I am still fairly new and only had arthritis confirmed yesterday, so am unable to share much experience unlike others who have suffered a lot longer..
    Everyone on here is great, always willing to listen and offer advice and support where necessary..
    Chit chat forum is a great place to talk about anything and everything.. you have vals cafe, lovely cream cakes and tea.. The cane and able is being revamped as we speak and is relaunching on valentines night... will have to behave in there though otherwise you will get booted out lol.. they used to do free shots untill 8pm.. was great lol.. am sure that offer will be no more lol..
    Look forward to seeing you around..
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • Bleatarn
    Bleatarn Member Posts: 11
    Thanks Tracy

Its always nice to know there are people out there who can offer support. Look forward to catching up with you again....
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    A quick welcome from me too Graham, I have osteo in my lower spine and both knees.. Now its possible I've got rheumatoid in my wrists and hands... It's a bugger but we can't let this thing get us down.. Lol

Look forward to seeing you on the forum Rkid....

Gotta log out in a second..

Be well :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • need me bed
    need me bed Member Posts: 103
    tjt6768 wrote:
    Now its possible I've got rheumatoid in my wrists and hands... It's a bugger but we can't let this thing get us down.. Lol

Aww Tony bummer... I have RA in hands an wrists too, does my nut in coz i can't open the stoopid bottles they put my meds in. damn those NMB proof locks... :lol:

Hi Graham nice to meet you mate, one thing i have noticed around here is r'tonys sense of humour, no matter how down and f***ed off i feel he never fails to make me smile (even when he dosn't know i'm looking) :oops:

I have RA not married and no kids (awesome avoidance on my part i have to admit) Welcome to the madhouse I'm sure you'll find all the support etc that you need round here.

Look after yaself dude
    Gentle hugs

NMB x
    f055.gif

There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.
  • seamonkey
    seamonkey Member Posts: 323
    Hi Graham,
    I am relatively new to this site and have to say that the folks on here perked me up when i needed it, gave me more of a clue what was going on with me than docs seem fit to do and are great at making me smile! :smile:
    I have Arthritis of some kind in spine too they just havent told me what kind, i find walking really difficult sometimes and have just been given a crutch, this makes it less painfull while im walking and after. Pain is absolutely the worst at times and we all have our ways of trying to manage it. Im popping pills constantly and would love to take just 1 that does everything!
    I hope your doin ok today,
    Best wishes
    Seamonkey
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Awww bless... Lol
    Gotta stay happy though NMB.. No point giving in eh? You can still enjoy life even though it's a pain... Literally.... :lol::lol:
    Glad I help put a smile on ya mush... :grin::grin:

tjt6768 wrote:
    Now its possible I've got rheumatoid in my wrists and hands... It's a bugger but we can't let this thing get us down.. Lol

Aww Tony bummer... I have RA in hands an wrists too, does my nut in coz i can't open the stoopid bottles they put my meds in. damn those NMB proof locks... :lol:

Hi Graham nice to meet you mate, one thing i have noticed around here is r'tonys sense of humour, no matter how down and f***ed off i feel he never fails to make me smile (even when he dosn't know i'm looking) :oops:

I have RA not married and no kids (awesome avoidance on my part i have to admit) Welcome to the madhouse I'm sure you'll find all the support etc that you need round here.

Look after yaself dude
    Gentle hugs

NMB x
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP