Well-being survey

joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 27. Feb 2011, 06:10 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi

Can anyone explain to me how by spending £2million on a national well-being survey, the government is going to increase the happiness and contentment of the nation :?:

Apparently, it's the brainchild of government 'blue-sky thinker' Steve Hilton, who was also the driving force in the Big Society idea. It will ask 200,000 people to rate their happiness on a scale of zero to ten. Examples of the questions they will be asked are:

# How satisfied are you with your life nowadays?
# How happy did you feel yesterday?
# How anxious did you feel yesterday?
# To what extent do you feel the things you do in your life are worthwhile?

David Cameron insists it will also help strengthen the economy and aid the government in making citizens 'feel better'. I fail to see how this is going to help at a time of rising prices, government cuts, unemployment etc. and I can think of better ways of spending £2million. What do you think :?:

Joan
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I think it is an absolute waste of time and money,
    Perhaps its the job centre that should be undertking these interviews, they will have more than 200.000 clients who will, I am absolutely sure will have no problems telling them how happy they are!
    Cath
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    well it a load of cr** how can anyone feel anything but down with all the doom and gloom if they spent the money on something useful would do more good training for school leavers jobs for those who need them and help for those who need it not silly questionnaires but that only my opinion what do i know val
    val
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    We're also going to be bombarded with adverts about the Big Society shortly, so I believe. More money down the drain :!: :shock:

There's so many millionaires in the cabinet that I don't think they've much idea about how ordinary folk live. Maybe that's why they need a survey to try to find out.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • valval
    why do they not just give them a bus pass and make them travel from one town to another and talk to real people would be an eye opener for them val
    val
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    I think it's a wonderful idea and really cannot wait for a questionaire to come through the letterbox....
    We are starting to run low on bog roll :shock: :shock: :lol::lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Joan,

I agree with you how can it work? I also am amazed at just how much money they will waist on something so stupid......

Purrs to Tommy, Cris xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    It depends on who they survey.If they send me one I would just say I am mega happy but no thanks to them.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Waste of money they should spend the money on starting up business's to create jobs....idiots.
  • Rictina
    Rictina Member Posts: 95
    Im lost for words, its ridiculous.
    Live the dream not dream the life.

sfsf.jpg
  • NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    WELL, I agree with all these posts but have to say it doesn't suprise me...

After all the cutbacks at work and being told we're not allowed even so much as a pencil at work, it turns out our Chief has now decided he doesn't want a pay rise and he would like to leave the fire service 2 years into his 5 year term without forfeiting any of his (VAST) pension.

The reason? Because he wants to join his brother in Oz to jointly run his company out there...

I would be angry but I have no anger left
    Nxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    waste of money Joan :roll:

Makes me so mad......

Love

toni xx
  • valval
    when did they start the culture of we can not do anything till we have done survey and had people look at it and tell us whet to think what happened to logic just ask some one who does know and save all the extra money we pay people loads to know these things use them or loose them as the saying goes val
    val
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    joanlawson wrote:
    To what extent do you feel the things you do in your life are worthwhile?
    It has to be a 10 or you wouldn't do them. Empty-sky thinking more like.
    Josephm0310.gif
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    If people say they are fairly happy......they may think that cuts etc havent totally upset people and make more cuts!! Tell em youre as miserable as sin :evil