opticians

valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 27. Feb 2011, 15:30 in Community Chit-chat archive
hi which opticians do u all use used to go speck savers but changed to boots as felt they would be better but glasses cost me more and screw always coming loose and she had not heard of having eyes tested when you were on hydoxychlooquine so do i go back to specksavers or try some where else??????? come need feed back on best places as it cost about £300 so need to get it right used to go to independedt one for years but was so expensive and he used to get so close did not like it . also when they say is this better or this can u tell i never can all looks the same lol val
val

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Sorry Val

Mine is independant and like Del first to spot me red eyes might be something serious and he did know about the amlser grid. he also spotted the kids' dylsexia

Hubby goes to D*llond and whatever the other bit is...

Love

toni xx
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    we use an independant one but son uses speksavers and he keeps nagging me to change.
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Hi Val,

I go to Specsavers... They knew of the tests regarding Hydroxychloroqine and specs are reasonably priced...
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • valval
    thanks might be back to savers
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Specsavers twice gave me glasses with the wrong lenses: the first time could have been a genuine mistake, so I forgave them. The second time proves carelessness so I now go to an independent chappy who is fab. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    valval wrote:
    glasses cost me more and screw always coming loose
    Take out the screw, put a small dab of paint on the thread, replace screw and leave while paint sets. No more screw loose.
    Josephm0310.gif
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    The supermarket that begins with letter A... does glasses with lots of extras included as part of the price ie. scratch resistant, anti glare etc - I am thinking of getting some from there, cant find a matching price opticians anywhere...nice styles too.
  • valval
    we do not have cost or supermarket where i live think need to move lol thanks for replys need verifocals these days everything nice and fuzzy with out them
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    valval wrote:
    everything nice and fuzzy with out them

My wrinkles 'vanish' without mine :lol:
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Val,

I couldn't use one ..........

hey love the idea of vanishing wrinkles though :lol: try looking through a circle of fog and you will be surprised at how much disappears :lol::lol: Cris xx
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    I use independent and they are great. Broke my glasses by sitting on them last summer and they sorted them our twice now...no fee. They did cost me £240....but they are just down the road. Must admit i have thought about going to the bigger companies but....
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    We both go to dolland and doodah.. Always had good service and I get regular offers for free sight tests and discounts on the glasses etc.

e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Independent ops for us too.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • cthornley
    cthornley Member Posts: 627
    I go to Boots and have done since I 1st got glasses but I think it depends on the particular branch and the optician you get as to how good they are

mine was fine with the Hydroxychloroqine and hasn't been pushy
    they aren't the cheapest but I like the glasses I have and the pair before them (i'm really fussy) and at least the advantage points went someway to making up for the expense.

They were also really good at suggesting exercises to reduce the effect on my astigmatism (its made worse by the close detail and CAD work I do) , I've mainly stuck with them for convenience they are near my work and do lunchtime appointments.

Hope you find somebody
    Chrissie
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    valval wrote:
    glasses cost me more and screw always coming loose
    Take out the screw, put a small dab of paint on the thread, replace screw and leave while paint sets. No more screw loose.

Does it work on brains as well :?: :lol: I'm always being told I've got a screw loose :lol::lol:

Joan :grin:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • mirabella
    mirabella Member Posts: 272
    I got new glasses from Spec Savers,they were brilliant,lovely people,excellant optician,can't fault them,now can read my books so much better :smile: Mirabella
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    It has to be bo*ts for us. As the optician there diagnosed my hubby's recent brain tumour for which he is currently receiving treatment for. If he hadn't have gone then he would be blind and no optician needed then!

I use Specsavers though, I only use single lenses so my glasses are cheap. Perhaps ask around locally as its the optician that counts.

Janie