still off sick

seamonkey
seamonkey Member Posts: 323
Hi all,
Just an update on my work, or lack of it. Doc signed me off again for another month, she said untill we can get an improvement then she cant see me going back to any of my jobs. I spoke to one of my managers, he said that even if i got the pain under control enough that i could work with out my stick that they wouldnt consider me for supply work as i would still be an insurance risk. Isnt every one? Im gutted, i loved going into the school and working with the kids. And to realize that its over is shattering. As there not obliged to offer me work as im supply only i dont have a leg to stand on.
Oh well, I stumble from one thing to another.
Hope you are all doing ok,
Seamonkey

Comments

• traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi luvie..
    Doc has signed you off for a reason.. same as me, can't see us able to do the job..
    Crazy that places are so health and safety crazy, were not allowed crutches, splints or walking sticks at my work(hospital)..
    Lets hope we get some miracle cure, click of the fingers.. shazam we are cured... lol
    xxxxx
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • katie5
    katie5 Member Posts: 242
    hi seamonkey

so sorry to hear you manager is a .........not very nice person shall we say. his comment about insurance risk is outrageous! isn't that discrimination. gosh i'm fuming for you. it annoys me that we want to work and struggle to work and get knocked back all the time.

sorry to rant on, seamonkey

take care and let us know how you're getting on.

Katie x
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    One day at a time, things may change in the future. It is hard, we all want to work, but our health is the most important thing. Your doc wouldn't sign you off, unless it was necessary.

As for the access to work, things do need to change on that front, but realistically we need to accept our limitations.

You will get there!!
  • seamonkey
    Thanks for posts,
    Would make it easier though if ESA and other benefits went on your own gp though. Seems a bit silly to me. She knows me well enough to say wether i can do the job or not. And she knows that if i could i would.
    seamonkey
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Hi seamonkey

Oh dear, I hope you are at least feeling a little better for not working at the moment and that you hear about your ESA soon.
    Hang in there
    Chris
  • seamonkey
    Thank you chris, it is a little easier physically as i dont have to rush to get house work and stuff done, i find that the second i rush i get worse, more pain and less ability to move. So its fine to take my time and do things as i can.
    Hope you are as well as you can be,
    Seamonkey
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Hi again seamonkey

Not too bad today here thanks, after my four days work I do love, and need my duvet days! Have just seen your DLA post on LW. :shock: I hope the CAB can help with an appeal, why do they make everyone jump through so many hoops? So annoying. Good luck with the appointment and with your pacing yourself at the chores. Another annoyance but it does seem to work eh? take care
    Chris