Want to work

purplestorm
purplestorm Member Posts: 54
Hi

Im not sure if there maybe something similar on here Ive had a quick look and cant see anything!

Im currently on ESA and have been signed off by the docs until April, I am not in a position at the moment to go back to work but was wondering if the JCP actually takes into account your condition and helps to find you a suitable job within your limits, or do you have to register as disabled to be able to take your condition into allowance. Or is it a case that if you put it on your application you prob wont get a look in.

Currently I have pain in all my lower limbs hands wrists and left elbow so my mobility is rather limited including using a zimmer frame and wheelchair. I just seem to be going out my head sitting around and would like to be doing something before my brain turns to mush!

I was self employed and had my own burger van but unfortunately I have had to sell it as there is no way I can carry out my duties at the moment I cant even drive.

I was working as a Property Manager before I started my own business but due to the amount of Driving and walking including stairs 100's of them I cant see me being able to return to that line of work.

Any advise????????
If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in the dark with a mosquito.

Comments

• traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I have just applied for ESA..
    As far as i;m aware, if you are off sick for a certain amount of time you will be eligble to go to a work assesment where they will see if you are fit from work..
    If you go to directgov website type in esa in there search box and you can read a leaflet which tells you all about it...
    That might answer some of your questions..
    Let me know how you get on...
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • purplestorm
    purplestorm Member Posts: 54
    Thanks for that think im moving a bit too fast and need to get myself sorted first. Had a read of the website and looks as if I will have to wait for the 12 week interview then go from there! There just seems to be a lot of info to take in its amazing how quickly your life can be turned up side down in a few weeks!

x
    If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in the dark with a mosquito.
  • rugbygirl
    rugbygirl Member Posts: 691
    I have registered myself as disabled as I found that if you want to get things at a reduced rate then you need to be able to process. I think it is a good idea to register as disabled as you dont have to rely on your arthur to get you through. If it is documented then you have a better chance of being considered and you dont have to explain things too much.

I would however wait until you have got things under control and you are able to focus on a job. It might even be worth going on one of the Job Centres training courses to retrain for a job.
    Jakib0644.gif